• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed appraisal: z2.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that there are only 260 possible combinations of a letter followed by a single digit. Therefore maybe this is a collectors item.

Some letters seem to have a natural number to follow. eg. V8, A1, K9, Z7.
I feel that Z2 is not a natural combination and a bit awkward.

My guess is that this domain would sell between 3k and 10k to a reseller. If the asking price was more than 10k then the buyer would probably rather a short generic.

Creature.
 
Creature said:
I think that there are only 260 possible combinations of a letter followed by a single digit. Therefore maybe this is a collectors item.

Some letters seem to have a natural number to follow. eg. V8, A1, K9, Z7.
I feel that Z2 is not a natural combination and a bit awkward.

My guess is that this domain would sell between 3k and 10k to a reseller. If the asking price was more than 10k then the buyer would probably rather a short generic.

Creature.
although I agree with you, it all depends on what you use it for. This one could mean "Zoom 2" or something like that, and that would be good for a raseing site. In that case, I say it could be a good name, however it would limit what you could use the name for. V8.com would be good for a car site too, but K9.com is naturaly a dog site name.
 
There are 1260 possible combinations with numbers and letters for 2 character names. I think it is worth at least $20k and there is no telling how high it could go if you found the right buyer. Not as valuable as a 2 letter or 2 number .com would be though.
 
It`s clear that a price for a reseller has to be interesting enought to let him profit from the name so I would say:

reseller price: 10,000 - 20,000

end user: priceless if for example a new model of a car is made with that name but I won`t sell it easily if I did not need cash. It could go easily but very easily over 100,000.

At 3 - 5 K I think here there would be a fight to buy it.

Good luck!
 
italiandragon said:
It`s clear that a price for a reseller has to be interesting enought to let him profit from the name so I would say:

reseller price: 10,000 - 20,000

end user: priceless if for example a new model of a car is made with that name but I won`t sell it easily if I did not need cash. It could go easily but very easily over 100,000.

At 3 - 5 K I think here there would be a fight to buy it.

Good luck!


Z2 is not O2 or a known combination. O2 is water. Z2 is unknown. Tell me who will pay 100k?

If you (as an end user) have a budget of 100k, you spend it on a short single word like Base .com or something cool.

Nice short name anyway. Good luck.

Creature
 
BMW already have a Z3 and Z4. Maybe they will also have a Z2 in the future...

Aside from this, I wouldn't let this domain go for less than $25,000.

Good luck!
 
I have to agree that 100K is overdoing it, everybody who wants to buy a high profile name knows the value and knows the seller cant really expect that much cash. up to 50K for me
 
dodo1 said:
BMW already have a Z3 and Z4. Maybe they will also have a Z2 in the future...

Aside from this, I wouldn't let this domain go for less than $25,000.

Good luck!

I guess that's real proof that it is brandable great domain. So I have to change my mind. $25k +
 
great catch.....when was this registered and how did u manage to get this one dude................congrats & best of luck!!!!
 
HI

This domain is worth 20,000+ plus easy... I also would like to know how you caught it,

Thanks
Tom Dahne
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom