Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Appraisals for searching.ws

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I have seen one word .ws sell for less than $50 on Ebay. I think that .ws will never kick off. However, I think a one word .ws should be better than most of the junk people tend to splash out money for if it is a .com

Good Luck,

Kim

I would imagine more people have sold junk .com's for $1k+ than have sold "prime" .ws's for $100+.

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
would imagine more people have sold junk .com's for $1k+ than have sold "prime" .ws's for $100+.

You've said it!! :) Totally agree!!

Thanks everyone!!! I will keep it, and doing something on this site. Maybe next year, next 2 years...... dot ws will be more worth.

I think you'll find that .ws's will devalue over time not increase.

Many people registered .ws's (and .cc's and .nu's and ......) with the hope that they would be adopted - they havn't been and there are now better choices for noncoms like .info and .biz so the odds are not in your favor.

FineE

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Of the "island SLDs" .ws is among the weakest, so you need a realy strong second level domain. The kind of thing that will sell for 7 figures or more, as opposed to five figures or less
in .com. Seraching is good but not good enough in my opinion.

So I say $100 or so.

There a much better domains for the basic registration fee in .cc (a better extension) and .tv ( a much better extension)

Stouch

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
At least Western Samoa is a bit bigger than The Cook Islands or The Federated States of Micronesia ;)

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if, true, the buyer was a fool--although the islands are no doubt quite beautiful.

DomainSage

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
anything but a .com or a .net is junk.

err, I was being sarcastic about the beauty.cc sale, it was a very doubtful transaction, :laugh:

here's a personal site with a pretty accurate view on it in my opinion,

"8/21/01 This sale of One.cc for $300,000 US is allegedly BS, similar to the sale of beauty.cc for $1,000,000 US some time ago. Both of those reported CC sales are alleged to be scams to stir up interest in the basically dormant CC country code. They are also believed to be insider deals involving the CC Registry. That is done by allegedly packaging zillions of free or very low cost new cc registrations allowed to be sold by the new cc registrar, in exchange for a lump sum payment and other insider transaction consideration. That scenario was basically verified some time ago involving the alleged scam sale and publicity of beauty.cc. This appears to be little more than another attempt by the desperate country code registries to stir up interest in their basically worthless domain names, like the alleged fraudulent marketing and sales of .WS and .TV names, for example. "

http://www.webrealty.org/domain-name-news-c.htm

flex

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by snoopy
err, I was being sarcastic about the beauty.cc sale, it was a very doubtful transaction, :laugh:

here's a personal site with a pretty accurate view on it in my opinion,

"8/21/01 This sale of One.cc for $300,000 US is allegedly BS, similar to the sale of beauty.cc for $1,000,000 US some time ago. Both of those reported CC sales are alleged to be scams to stir up interest in the basically dormant CC country code. They are also believed to be insider deals involving the CC Registry. That is done by allegedly packaging zillions of free or very low cost new cc registrations allowed to be sold by the new cc registrar, in exchange for a lump sum payment and other insider transaction consideration. That scenario was basically verified some time ago involving the alleged scam sale and publicity of beauty.cc. This appears to be little more than another attempt by the desperate country code registries to stir up interest in their basically worthless domain names, like the alleged fraudulent marketing and sales of .WS and .TV names, for example. "

http://www.webrealty.org/domain-name-news-c.htm

:laugh: thanks for sharing the info

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would not be surprised to see similar county-code marketing scams exposed in the future.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Searching.ws is great if you develop it and do SEO and submit it properly.
Any generic searchterm-matching domain is great for the SE's no matter what extension - that is if you develop it.
People seem to think the only way to go is to sell domains instead of developing/monthly revenue.Wrong.
In fact most people that have a monthly income from domains don't do that from domain sales but by having their sites developed.
So - yeah i like Searching.ws :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators