Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

"As is" sales forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand the scope of this forum; does it define a different selling process other than the lack of providing traffic stats? Currently the forum is littered by domains in all extensions, numerics etc. It overrules all the categories of other sales sub-forums and it makes no sense. Fixed prices vs. Taking offers makes sense, care to explain the mechanics of As Is?

Upvote 0

FMS

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
not sure what you are saying but I will try to explain: There are different areas for selling at the area you be selling just the domain name. Then find a thread that asks for traffic domaines and sell you traffic domaines there. Hope this hhelps!

Domain Summit 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
No, it makes no sense.

There was already a subforum for "traffic names" and one for "offers" and one for "fixed prices". Having a subforum tagged "as is" I will be tempted to post there domains as offers, numeric domains, .cc domains etc.

It makes no sense. Just read the domains listed there.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, it makes no sense.

There was already a subforum for "traffic names" and one for "offers" and one for "fixed prices". Having a subforum tagged "as is" I will be tempted to post there domains as offers, numeric domains, .cc domains etc.

It makes no sense. Just read the domains listed there.
Acro has a point... What I don't like about the "as is" sales forum is that people post both "fixed prices" and "offers" threads there.

Why not introduce a rule that all domain sales in the "offers" and "fixed prices" sections are "as is" unless stats are given by the seller?

And what's the point of having a domain name auctions forum? Most "open for offers" sales threads end up being a domain auction of some sort, don't they?

I'd suggest the following structure:

Domains for Sale (Domain Sales) - Offers Wanted (As Is)
Domains for Sale (Domain Sales) - Fixed Prices (As Is)
Domains for Sale (Domain Sales) - Traffic Domains
Developed Websites (Custom Designs Only)
Domain Brokerage
Adult Domain Sales
ccTLD Domains for Sale
IDN Domains for Sale
Numeric Domains for Sale

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Exactly, dodo1. And that was the case until now; so I was intrigued by the silent introduction of the "As is" forum.

POLiSH

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Definitions of as-is clause:

* A clause that shifts risk to the buyer.

Definitions of as-is agreement:

* Certifies that a buyer accepts whatever physical condition a property is in at the time the contract is signed. May be controlled by state and local regulations.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
POLiSH, I know the definition of "As Is". Care to tell us the purpose of that forum? Let me make it easy for you:

Can I list domains with traffic?
Can I list domains with a fixed price?
Can I list domains taking offers?
Can I start an auction?
Can I list numeric domains, .cc TLD, .mobi etc

If the answer to ANY of these questions is "yes", we already have another forum for these.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
There are domains that maybe blocked by Google or Overture, or could have a possible tradmark infringement, perhaps this was created for sellers that dont want anything coming back at them.

POLiSH

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
POLiSH, I know the definition of "As Is". Care to tell us the purpose of that forum? Let me make it easy for you:

Can I list domains with traffic?
Can I list domains with a fixed price?
Can I list domains taking offers?
Can I start an auction?
Can I list numeric domains, .cc TLD, .mobi etc

If the answer to ANY of these questions is "yes", we already have another forum for these.

Always so blunt but that's why I get along with you, I have no idea to your question. We have not been informed of anything. :uhoh:

Shark

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Definitions of as-is clause:

* A clause that shifts risk to the buyer.

Definitions of as-is agreement:

* Certifies that a buyer accepts whatever physical condition a property is in at the time the contract is signed. May be controlled by state and local regulations.

Does this mean that the seller need-not disclose details like if he had received C&D letters, or if the Traffic/PR is inflated etc and the buyers cannot ask for those details as well? As mentioned by Adam somewhere else that names based on just quality will belong there, but i see none good there!

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The forum was setup so people could post domains witrhout question and sell based on potential value not to avoid c and d letters.

So if I post adopted.com in there it's for you to research and don't expect stats, if you want it you go for it.

I will try and setup a better definition of it tomorrow.

-=DCG=-

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
So from my understanding, it *is* a throw-all-in forum. Expect many duplicates to be posted there, e.g. people posting names in "Fixed prices" and in "As Is" - in "Numeric domains" and "As is" etc.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think that the major problem this forum is facing is that too many un-needed questions are asked in sales threads. As a result, an "as is" forum was created. What we truely need is a zero tolerance policy. Those that feel the need to trash threads once, should be booted. We dont need people like that in this business anyway. We need more Mods. We need more control, and less rules being broken. When things are maintained, all that is needed from the person posting is "this domain name is being sold as is."

I am split between liking and disliking the new subforum. However, It may be needed for the time being; but should not be perminant. What we really need to work on is maintaining order. Creating a more professional forum, maintaining professional members and taking no crap will increase sales and get the ball rolling once again.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
So no-one else shares my point of view that the "As is" forum serves no real purpose since info about stats is required only in the "Traffic domains for sale" forum?

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The only reason I can see that it was created was to eliminate sales trashing and questions that were purposely left out. But as I said above, the way it should be is that the seller should only have to state the domain name is being sold "as-is" and we shouldnt have to make changes to accommodate for those who break the rules.
I do agree with you, people will still continue to break the rules regardless untill we put an end to it.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the "As is" forum is defunct simply by virtue of the fact that there are already forums where you can post such domains, and say they are sold "as is". If the domain has traffic, and you want to sell it on that basis, then post it in the correct forum with supporting stats. The new forum doesn't work for me either.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know Adam didn't mean it this way, but my first thought was it's a place to rip off newbies. Can't ask questions or point out inconsitencies? I wouldn't shop there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom