• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Asbestos.info - is it worth mid-$xxxx or more?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

canames

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
Hi, I'm curious what people think Asbestos.info is worth (even ballpark estimates would be interesting to hear).

Is it worth mid-$xxxx or more? Maybe even low $xx,xxx? :)

Yahoo ad info shows that advertisers pay about $5 per click (although I would obviously only get less than 50% of that I think). I just got it, so I don't know traffic levels yet (the previous owner didn't really develop it though).

Right now I'm debating whether to develop it, or resell it.

Editted to add: The Overture score for July is 34215

Thanks for any comments
 
Any traffic?
Definitely development, even at a basic informational level would add value (and traffic) to the domain.

As is: $2k - $4k
 
Thanks for the comments. I don't know about traffic yet. One thing I forgot to mention was the Overture score for July is 34215.
 
Nuts...this would have been worth a real mint back when mesothelioma was over $20 per click.

Its still a very valuable market, but at this point reseller value is probably at around $3000.

I would certainly develop this name though...it has limitless potential.
 
Hi,
great domain. the guys are right, reseller value is approx $2-4k
It has 1 use. But as you say that use has a high click rate. Develop it, if the .com & .net are idle & parked you're laughing. Nothing to say with a bit of hard work you can't go to the top of search engines. Then.... you're laughing.
People are very worried about asbestos & there's still loads of the bloody stuff knocking about. A good buy
cheers
 
Thanks for the comments, guys. You're right, I should probably just develop it... part of me wants to flip it for a quick profit to reinvest in other domains, but it's true that the development potential is excellent.


That's a great point about the other extensions, Predator.

asbestos.com is just a 1-page site by (I think) a law firm (it just asks people to fill out a form to receive an info package).

asbestos.net has an academic orientation (which is important, but too detailed for the average person)

And asbestos.org and .biz are sites for asbestos consulting companies.


So I guess if I make a half-decent site using wikipedia info and other sources, it could hopefully get good search rankings :)

If I could get maybe just 4 clicks per day, that's probably $10 per day = $3650 in just 1 year, which would be great :)

A building I was working in a few months ago actually had some asbestos stirred up a bit (in the basement, but then traces were detected throughout the building :S), so the damn stuff is still pretty problematic. :greenconfusedw:


Editted to add: Now that I think about it, asbestos.info is probably the best & most appropriate of all extensions for the topic. Although .com would still be best due to type-in traffic (but the commercial bent of .com doesn't suit a site about asbestos info).
 
Nuts...this would have been worth a real mint back when mesothelioma was over $20 per click.

lol. Domaining sure can take a toll on our humanity. People are dying a horrible tragic death and all we see is RPC. Sometimes when dealing with subjects like this, I think it's important to step back and remember that those "clicks" are actually people in search of help. And I'm not even a Liberal...by any means.
 
lol. Domaining sure can take a toll on our humanity. People are dying a horrible tragic death and all we see is RPC. Sometimes when dealing with subjects like this, I think it's important to step back and remember that those "clicks" are actually people in search of help. And I'm not even a Liberal...by any means.

Wow... we think WAY too much alike. I've had this exact same thought. I don't invest in anything to do with subjects like cancer and such because I couldn't do much more than a PPC site... I'm not a doctor.
 
Wow... we think WAY too much alike. I've had this exact same thought. I don't invest in anything to do with subjects like cancer and such because I couldn't do much more than a PPC site... I'm not a doctor.

I do agree in a way lads. what you must remember though is don't get too heavy. the people who invented it & the healthcare companies are the ones who coined it in on the backs of others misfortune.
ppc doesn't cost the visitors anything . a well developed site could be a win, win situation for everyone.
you do have a valid point on cancer sites etc though. it doesn't interest.
we have loads of asbestos here in England i'm not proud to say. in fact my garage roof for example. it's dangerous when disturbed, hence people leave alone or are expected to pay fortunes to remove. a site with well picked reasonable priced contractors would be much nicer to develop rather than cancer treatments!
education also, history & present. government failings!
i actually have a cracking domain i have just bought. the market is immense & to develop is way out of anyone's league apart from a multi national. i also have zero interest in the subject matter. all will be reveaed.
i'm gonna have sooo much fun developing sextoys.info though!!
the 'research' will be sheer hell!!! :lol:
cheers, Pred
 
Well, I'm in no position to ride a high horse. I own nothing but parked domains and template websites. But I do think some domains have a higher calling than just advertising clicks.

Honestly, this domain is not the best example as it could have several uses. I was referring to the "Mesothelioma" angle. A better example is this parked site: www.fetaldistress.com. Imagine the panic-stricken parents with concerns for the life/death of their unborn child. And some clown is going to run them around in circles trying to make a Quarter on an advertising click. That's when you've got to realize you've surrendered your empathy, if not your humanity.
 
Monetizing the site and making it useful to asbestos victims are not mutually exclusive. Victims will go here for information on Asbestos-related diseases (you can meet this need with medical content plus links to online asbestos resources). You can monetize the site with PPC/ads centered around mesothelioma, its treatments, and injury lawyer services. There is nothing wrong with this at all.

P.S. I agree with most that reseller price falls in low-mid $XXXX range. An eventual end-user will pay 5 figures.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom