Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

.asia Domain Name Open for Business - WELT ONLINE

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.asia Domain Name Open for Business
[SIZE=-1]WELT ONLINE, Germany - 7 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]The .asia domain name will then open to the general public in February 2008 when the most popular domain names will be auctioned off to the highest bidders. ...[/SIZE]

More...

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As if Countries were not enough, we now need Continent tld's...LOL...I think I'll hold out for .antarctica...next!

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I cant find the article at the link :?:

As if Countries were not enough, we now need Continent tld's...LOL...I think I'll hold out for .antarctica...next!

Another one of your brilliant comparisons :rolleyes:

Asia is the world's largest and most populous continent. It covers 8.6% of the Earth's total surface area (or 29.4% of its land area) and, with almost 4 billion people, it contains more than 60% of the world's current human population.

Antarctica has no permanent residents, but a number of governments maintain permanent research stations throughout the continent. The number of people conducting and supporting scientific research and other work on the continent and its nearby islands varies from approximately 4,000 in summer to about 1,000 in winter

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anway Antarctica already has its own TLD: .aq :)

I don't care for .asia any more than I care for .jobs for example, just unsure if I should laugh or pity those who will spend their cash on another useless extension :rolleyes:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I can't wait for .atlantis - once it's found :D

grevan

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone with the .EU experience can give a word on that.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone with the .EU experience can give a word on that.

I've seen some .eu's fetch over xx.xxx, I think if you can get your hands on some good single word .asia generics, it's another opportunity to cash in. Whether .asia takes off is another story, I personally don't see countries changing or widely using a continent TLD in place of their own CC TLD.

I can't wait for .atlantis - once it's found :D

They have underwater hotels now, so I anything is possible ;)

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to a year and half of "XYZ Company is using .asia OMFG!!" posts each day.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to a year and half of "XYZ Company is using .asia OMFG!!" posts each day.
LOL so true ;)

Anyway the TM holders will fork out $$$$ in defensive registrations as usual, at least enough to keep the registry afloat. Who cares if it is another dead zone :rolleyes:

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Raider said:
Another one of your brilliant comparisons

Just listing one of the continents as an example, I could have used .southamerica, .northamerica .africa etc...My point is simple to most people. Why the need for a continent tld when we already have country specific ones. My comparison had nothing to do with population or anything else, but for some reason you find the need to run to wiki, grab some facts and post them without even referencing wiki as the source...you took it word for word. Guess you really want us to believe you actually know what your talking about.

Even more ridiculous is how you recently claimed that I take shots in unrelated threads even though my post was on topic:

http://www.dnforum.com/f31/vioxxlawyers-ban-snitch-6-thread-253480.html#post1273346

and then you do it yourself right here a couple days later. What did you call it, oh yes, "A true act of a coward".

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
and then you do it yourself right here a couple days later.

It's called making up ground. ;)

And anyone could figure out they were Wiki articles.

afloat.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
folks please don't buy any .asia this will be a huge waste of money for sure, even generic keywords will never be worth anything

DANGER: STAY AWAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators