Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Available domain name lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karrera

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can't "prove" something is worthless. You can prove something has worth (at least to someone) by selling it. Go to it!

Exactly my point!

And thank you! :)

Reaction score
Well your question was answered and explained.
You have chosen to ignore the answers because they don't fit in with your way of thinking.
Some people have been doing this for over 15 years - obviously they have been doing something wrong that you've spotted.
Keep regging your domains.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are these worthless to you?

All of them are .com's

afghanistanafghanistan (Estibot Value: $240)
armeniaarmenia (Estibot Value: $350)
austriaaustria (Estibot Value: $380)
azerbaijanazerbaijan (Estibot Value: $340)
belgiumbelgium (Estibot Value: $450)
beninbenin (Estibot Value: $450)
boliviabolivia (Estibot Value: $870)
botswanabotswana (Estibot Value: $230)
colombiacolombia (Estibot Value: $850)
denmarkdenmark (Estibot Value: $330)
dominicadominica (Estibot Value: $590)
estoniaestonia (Estibot Value: $250)
finlandfinland (Estibot Value: $880)
guatemalaguatemala (Estibot Value: $890)
hungaryhungary (Estibot Value: $600)
laoslaos (Estibot Value: $880)
latvialatvia (Estibot Value: $1000)
lebanonlebanon (Estibot Value: 240)
lithuanialithuania (Estibot Value: $1000)
luxembourgluxembourg (Estibot Value: $350)
macedoniamacedonia (Estibot Value: $380)
madagascarmadagascar (Estibot Value: $200)
mauritiusmauritius (Estibot Value: $810)
moldovamoldova (Estibot Value: $290)
mongoliamongolia (Estibot Value: $680)
mozambiquemozambique (Estibot Value: $420)
netherlandsnetherlands (Estibot Value: $590)
palaupalau (Estibot Value: $540)
rwandarwanda (Estibot Value: $200)
seychellesseychelles (Estibot Value: $300)
slovakiaslovakia (Estibot Value: $600)
srilankasrilanka (Estibot Value:$900)
trinidadtrinidad (Estibot Value: $370)
uzbekistanuzbekistan (Estibot Value: $260)
venezuelavenezuela (Estibot Value: $1000)

Why did you register these?

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wish you the best, I really do.

I think you will have a very difficult path ahead. I hope you have a backup plan.

Karrera

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wish you the best, I really do.

I think you will have a very difficult path ahead. I hope you have a backup plan.

Clearly I'm not betting my life on 40 domains haha.

Karrera

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oka okay.

moving on.

Tell me how you feel about a domain like Stockimagery.org...?

or even stockphotoplanet.com? <--- which I just sold for half of estibot valued .

Karrera

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you cannot step outside of your box of "no" and "can't" and "won't"...
amongst other low energy, depthless responses...and step into a world
where rules do not exist and anything is possible...where the box does not have walls, where nothing
is defined...then you will never see potential in anything outside of your own comfort zone.

I am VERY open to hearing in depth and detailed arguments and criticisms that are backed by
proof and some sensei wisdom.

Frankly, I want to learn from those that are making more than 100k a year domaining....
I need to know what the things that I need to do to be successfull in this.....
I don't need to know what NOT to do or what is worthless..

The more you think successful, the more you talk successful, the more you act successful, the more likely you are to become successful.

I think, therefore I am. So please, if you do not have solutions, go away.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You'll never be successful if you continue burning bridges. Show some respect or GTFO.

Karrera

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You'll never be successful if you continue burning bridges. Show some respect or GTFO.

I should automatically respect you. You're right. I don't know you from fly on wall, but I should respect you.

I will respect someone who actually takes the time out of their day to lend a few paragraphs of wisdom to someone eager, tenacious and wildly fearless that is just starting out in this realm of revenue.

Not someone who just comes flying into a topic with a closed mind and negative attitude offering ZERO advice.

So yea, I no care those bridges get burned....but I will carve a bridge out of gold with my teeth and keep it spotless round the clock to the right person.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
These people are trying to help you. You're just failing to see that.

Karrera

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
These people are trying to help you. You're just failing to see that.

Anyone can point and say "worthless" and "valuation sites are worthless"...no I don't want to see that, you're right.

Someone i'd respect would say:

yea, its worthless, but here is why, here is what to take into consideration when valuating domains, here is what I took into consideration when valuating your domain..here is what to do better next time...and so on.

hawkeye

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
wiseiesiw, you're under the impression/expectation that because you're new to domaining and to here, that someone/everyone here is going to sit with you and tell you word for word what to not do, and what to do, and here is all our knowledge, skills and secrets so you can run right out next week and be a domaining superstar. Well, in that sense they have, and you can get it all, as it's all written in all the various threads and postings here. So you want inside info....READ IT, READ IT, READ IT. It's all here. But to be argumentative and condescending because you don't like, or feel the replies are inline to your egotistic expectations and satisfaction, is not going to win you any empathy or friendly guidance. And to think you're the only one to come into here or any domaining forum as a new and smarter 'out-of-box-thinker', sorry but the forums are littered with them and their 'short-domaining-lives'.

Karrera

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
wiseiesiw, you're under the impression/expectation that because you're new to domaining and to here, that someone/everyone here is going to sit with you and tell you word for word what to not do, and what to do, and here is all our knowledge, skills and secrets so you can run right out next week and be a domaining superstar. Well, in that sense they have, and you can get it all, as it's all written in all the various threads and postings here. So you want inside info....READ IT, READ IT, READ IT. It's all here. But to be argumentative and condescending because you don't like, or feel the replies are inline to your egotistic expectations and satisfaction, is not going to win you any empathy or friendly guidance. And to think you're the only one to come into here or any domaining forum as a new and smarter 'out-of-box-thinker', sorry but the forums are littered with them and their 'short-domaining-lives'.

Apparently you are defining my words in your own relative way. My ego? No, your ego, for thinking that saying a few constructive sentences is beyond you and your domaining pedestal. Rather, you sit there and talk down to someone. It's almost funny.

Reaction score
OK to answer your original posts. Lists are free all over the forum. They're also free from many dropcatchers. So, no, people wouldn't want to buy your lists as they can get them for nothing. With regards to the domains you registered based on estibot value - nobody buys based on estibot value - it's only sellers who quote it. That is therefore going to cause you to run out of money if you continue to register based on that metric.
Domains are sold because either a) they get 'natural' traffic - ie people will visit the site *regardless* of what's on it because it's so generic - eg houses.com. b) they contain content that has been built up and useful and are easily found from other sites based on a similar market , c) people visit them because they have been heavily promoted (sometimes paid) via search engines and will convert to money for you either via parking (dying model for incentivised traffic) or via some kind of product sale (affiliate system), or d) the site receives traffic and has proven revenue which then equates in a domain sale usually for a multiple of the revenue.
People *don't* buy freshly regged domains with no traffic, no history, no presence, no content, and no obvious meaning. Occasionally people will buy 'brandable' domains but that is not a model you can rely on to consistently make money.

Karrera

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OK to answer your original posts. Lists are free all over the forum. They're also free from many dropcatchers. So, no, people wouldn't want to buy your lists as they can get them for nothing. With regards to the domains you registered based on estibot value - nobody buys based on estibot value - it's only sellers who quote it. That is therefore going to cause you to run out of money if you continue to register based on that metric.
Domains are sold because either a) they get 'natural' traffic - ie people will visit the site *regardless* of what's on it because it's so generic - eg houses.com. b) they contain content that has been built up and useful and are easily found from other sites based on a similar market , c) people visit them because they have been heavily promoted (sometimes paid) via search engines and will convert to money for you either via parking (dying model for incentivised traffic) or via some kind of product sale (affiliate system), or d) the site receives traffic and has proven revenue which then equates in a domain sale usually for a multiple of the revenue.
People *don't* buy freshly regged domains with no traffic, no history, no presence, no content, and no obvious meaning. Occasionally people will buy 'brandable' domains but that is not a model you can rely on to consistently make money.

Thank you for the detail! That was awesome. I will redirect my focus.

So lets talk about new domains and how to make it valuable and profitable business model?

For instance, if I were to lockdown say... the remaining .com domains: ??mortgage.com ?? = every possible 2 letter combo. Would that not be a healthy purchase for when the mortgage business starts booming again and we start seeing yet another rise in mortgage companies popping up left and right? Is that not a smart buy? I'm staring at that list right meow.

Reaction score
Would you develop them or, for example as I haven't checked availability, just register 83mortage.com and hope someone else wants to buy it? If you're not going to develop what is to stop people finding a registration fee alternative and spending the *same* amount of money to build the site up?

Karrera

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Would you develop them or, for example as I haven't checked availability, just register 83mortage.com and hope someone else wants to buy it? If you're not going to develop what is to stop people finding a registration fee alternative and spending the *same* amount of money to build the site up?

Lets say for example, I build out the domains with respective themes(mortgage) and created a branding package for each one. Then sell as a start up bundle. Domain, logo/branding, business card design...so on with the sale? Like if I sold a lot of 50 such as:

AAmortgage.com + logo + business card
BBmortgage.com + logo + business card
CCmortgage.com + logo + business card...... so on down the list. Sold them individually

OR

I could buy up the remainder of that real estate knowing when the market starts booming again...the only question is, with your experience in the business, would you consider that a wise long term move?

My initial thought is I can buy the bundle and sell for a small profit to someone who wants to play the long term. Or I keep myself and play it.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anybody can register some random domain. But truth is, the vast majority of domains are worthless and will never sell.
In general, domains that are still available in 2013 are available for a reason: nobody wants them.
People will not buy domains unless they have a compelling reason. If I can find alternatives of similar or better quality, you bet I don't need your domains.
There is no demand for domains like you suggest.
All I can say is, do research and look at what kinds of domains do actually sell.

Karrera

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anybody can register some random domain. But truth is, the vast majority of domains are worthless and will never sell.
In general, domains that are still available in 2013 are available for a reason: nobody wants them.
People will not buy domains unless they have a compelling reason. If I can find alternatives of similar or better quality, you bet I don't need your domains.
There is no demand for domains like you suggest.
All I can say is, do research and look at what kinds of domains do actually sell.

I appreciate the response! This is, however, a part of my research too:)

So in buying up a bulk of real estate and flipping it for low profit is not profitable? Like if I purchased all of the Divore???.com's for instance, owning that part of the real estate market is not valuable?
Or am I sending off my greenbacks only to never see them again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom