Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Available domain name lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The problem is you're assuming you *will* flip those domains for a profit. The only way is to add value to them (short of a lottery ticket 'gotta-have' buyer). Then you have to factor in several things:
1) How much many are you spending on the other domains that aren't sold and need renewing.
2) How much time did it take you to develop them? A lot of people fall into the trap of not valuing their own time - even if they don't do this for a living.
3) How much money/time have you spent on outsourced development/marketing/branding/traffic.
Then your domains will be worth a multiple of their revenues. This will vary according to the reliability of the traffic, the quality/source of visitors, and the average result of a sale/click.
As you can see that's a lot of variables.
In short the days of buying a domain at registration fee, doing nothing to it, and then guaranteeing a sale have long gone.
I sold a portfolio of a few thousand domains about 8 years ago and that was based solely on a multiple of the combined revenue they were generating via parking (now almost defunct). These would now be worth a small fraction of what they were then if nothing was done to any of them.

Karrera

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anybody can register some random domain. But truth is, the vast majority of domains are worthless and will never sell.
In general, domains that are still available in 2013 are available for a reason: nobody wants them.
People will not buy domains unless they have a compelling reason. If I can find alternatives of similar or better quality, you bet I don't need your domains.
There is no demand for domains like you suggest.
All I can say is, do research and look at what kinds of domains do actually sell.

Oh I get that there may not be demand for it, yet.

While I have you hear, I randomly stumbled upod asp-web-hosting.com

good domain or no? Value?

Karrera

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The problem is you're assuming you *will* flip those domains for a profit. The only way is to add value to them (short of a lottery ticket 'gotta-have' buyer). Then you have to factor in several things:
1) How much many are you spending on the other domains that aren't sold and need renewing.
2) How much time did it take you to develop them? A lot of people fall into the trap of not valuing their own time - even if they don't do this for a living.
3) How much money/time have you spent on outsourced development/marketing/branding/traffic.
Then your domains will be worth a multiple of their revenues. This will vary according to the reliability of the traffic, the quality/source of visitors, and the average result of a sale/click.
As you can see that's a lot of variables.
In short the days of buying a domain at registration fee, doing nothing to it, and then guaranteeing a sale have long gone.
I sold a portfolio of a few thousand domains about 8 years ago and that was based solely on a multiple of the combined revenue they were generating via parking (now almost defunct). These would now be worth a small fraction of what they were then if nothing was done to any of them.

But I liked my bubble....

poof.

Okay, so, would you recommend buying domains that are already aged and are profitable, fixing them up and selling those instead of starting from scratch?

Mind

Rainmaker
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can generate thousands of domains like these with the tool listed below. Are they worth? You can decide.
Can you flip them? Hum ...

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Spending money is the easy part. Selling on the other hand is tough.
So if you've bought 40 domains like venezuelavenezuela.com, you've been burning money ablaze. That kind of domain doesn't make sense. This is not investing, it's gambling.
Read a lot, do research, look at reported sales and try to resist the urge to buy anything. It's not 1996 anymore, the junks of gold waiting to be found are gone :)

PS: sites like estibot should be outlawed based on the countless newbies who thought they provide "accurate domain value".

Karrera

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Spending money is the easy part. Selling on the other hand is tough.
So if you've bought 40 domains like venezuelavenezuela.com, you've been burning money ablaze. That kind of domain doesn't make sense. This is not investing, it's gambling.
Read a lot, do research, look at reported sales and try to resist the urge to buy anything. It's not 1996 anymore, the junks of gold waiting to be found are gone :)

PS: sites like estibot should be outlawed based on the countless newbies who thought they provide "accurate domain value".

...but I don't like reality...

Good to know! Thank you:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom