Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Banned from Google AdSense for no reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MOST of the people I know who run legit websites with no "shady" activity whatsoever have eventually been banned by Google, while the ones it clear and obvious violation stay for years.

It's random, and they won't discuss it BECAUSE it's random. I even offered to fly up there and meet with them personally, and they refused because they are ashamed of their operation.

Most everyone I know IS paid their final balance, so it's obviously nothing to do with fraud or any violations.

Domain summit 2024

richardxthripp

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks, JuniperPark. I'm glad to hear that lots of other people are being banned too -- I used to expect it, but seeing that it's been 3 years I thought I was safe.

I'll be near Mountain View next summer. Does Google like surprise visits? Will they even talk to the public?

I'll let you know if I get paid the $570 I'm owed, but even if I wasn't banned the check wouldn't be mailed for a few weeks.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Obviously you can't read the numerous reasons listed above by Aleksandar and others as clear indications of violating, side-stepping or otherwise breaking the rules of the AdSense agreement. If you expect an email from Sergey Brin this isn't going to happen. And $400 /month hardly qualifies you as an AdSense big-shot. Matter-of-factly, discussing earnings is yet another violation of the AdSense rules :)

richardxthripp

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, you obviously can't read the AdSense agreement because it says in the agreement:

"You may accurately disclose the amount of Google’s gross payments to You pursuant to the Program"

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
LOL

Apparently you selectively choose which parts to read and which not.

Either way, it's comical when people perceive themselves to be more worthy than others for a response.

Google pulled the plug on your account with valid reason. If you think that you can appeal and reverse it, good on ya.

In the meantime, calling Google 'evil' or any such nonsense won't affect Google's position on the subject: break the rules and you're out.

richardxthripp

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Either way, it's not relevant because I posted that screenshot AFTER I was banned. Since I am no longer an AdSense publisher, I am not bound by the AdSense TOS.

I take offense to being called "comical" or being accused of "perceiving myself to be more worthy than others for a response." I'm sure I could say the same things about you if I wanted.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
OK apparently you don't get it, do you?

Yourself claimed that you aren't making $100 but rather, $400 a month. For 8 months.

Big effing deal.

There are billions on the table. To Google, you are nothing special. If you don't understand this and try to present yourself as "Mr. Special" who got the shaft, you will still be waiting for your echo to come back.

Now, what you need to do - other than switch to another ad channel - is to read again above, carefully, about how you violated several AdSense rules - the passing of your AdSense ID to web sites you have no control over being the most serious.

If you simply want to ***** and whine about Google, don't try to make it sound as if everyone receives the same treatment. Don't break the rules and you will be fine.

richardxthripp

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm probably in the top 5% of AdSense publishers. I haven't met anyone in real life who makes $400 a month through AdSense. But I don't get out much.

Either way, I do have influence. I created the "Tweet This" plugin you use on domaingang.com, so I complain about Google on the options page and it would get seen by thousands of bloggers. In fact, I have to remove the option "Insert Google AdSense ads to support Tweet This" because it doesn't work at all now. Maybe I should replace it with a link to this thread?

Scroll up a bit and read JuniperPark's post. This is a REAL problem. Even legitimate publishers are banned everyday, and Google doesn't give second chances. A simple Google search will reveal hundreds of people complaining. Some have even been banned for "click fraud" when a competitor clicked their ads repeatedly!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Thanks for creating the plug-in, the URL-based shortener is useful.

However, it won't matter if you made the Google logo: AdSense violations are usually final.

Regarding revenue checks, I'm positive there are four and five figure earners monthly, so again, you need to understand that a total of 8 x $400 is peanuts for Google to lend an ear.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are comparing this to driving 36 miles over the speed limit? Really? That's like comparing an pest exterminator to an axe-murderer. I really don't think this is "dead and buried." In fact, I'm looking forward to receiving a reply to my appeal.
Yes. I'm comparing insistence for a further explanation for one infraction as being the same as wanting insistence for a further explanation to another infraction...saying the reason you were stopped (either for speeding or from getting adsense money) is not good enough for you is a mute point. You committed an infraction. Obviously. And it is dead and buried by your own admission...whaa??? I changed a script and did something illegal and you're banning me??? whaa??? what did I do wrong???

are you going to offer to repay google the money that you made when you meet with them?

richardxthripp

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, umm... maybe I can encourage people to donate to me. Or I could just replace AdSense with AdBrite in the Tweet This plugin, but I'm afraid I'll get banned from AdBrite too.

There are corporations making millions from AdSense, and there are a lot of people who are stuck at $5-$10 per month. I guess I don't matter. What's $188 per month profit to Google? Advertisers probably didn't like appearing on my websites anyway.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Scroll up a bit and read JuniperPark's post. This is a REAL problem. Even legitimate publishers are banned everyday, and Google doesn't give second chances. A simple Google search will reveal hundreds of people complaining. Some have even been banned for "click fraud" when a competitor clicked their ads repeatedly!
Someone's explanation that you are the not the only one is not a vote in your favor.

You seem to be having a real difficult time in coming to the realization that you did something wrong and, frankly, I think you know what you did wrong. Yet, you want them to tell you specifically what it is you did wrong to see if it agrees with your own assessment?

richardxthripp

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually, setting the google_page_url variable is a gray area. It's not like I placed the ads in a pop-up or edited the JavaScript in a way that was patently against the rules. Furl.net does exactly what I was doing.

I don't owe Google, and I never gave them EFT access so they won't be taking any money out of my bank account.

If you were put in jail, wouldn't you want to know why? It doesn't matter if you broke a whole bunch of laws recently: you would want to know the specific charges you are being charged with.

Aleksandar

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Let's say you're out because you didn't included a privacy policy. So what now?

You're pissed because they didn't mentioned a specific reason? You do realize that you have to follow the guidelines and update as required. You had few months to include a privacy yet you didn't had a clue about that. Your mistake, sorry...

With that attitude, I don't see you coming back anytime soon... And even if you do come back, how long will you last with that attitude? If adsense is such a waste of time, why did you appeal in the first place? Maybe they'll bring you back and even not ban you later for no reason? Waste of time man...

As for the plugin and publicity, the worst that can happen (if we can say it like that) is you bringing in some more regulars around here. That's about it. :)

We tried to help you, but you aren't listening. You insist how everything you did was fine, how even if you did something wrong, it's still alright... Because they didn't warned you and even worse, didn't listed a specific reason, not going to pay you, what they "owe" you... Come on man...

Adsense isn't "set and forget"... All of those "banned for no reason", I'm sure they're something like you, more or less, everything was fine and sweet, but then it turns out it's not fine...

Someone messes with the code a little (then the sky falls on his head :D), someone buys a little of PTC traffic, or "guaranteed clicking traffic", someone doesn't include a privacy or messes with the formatting/placements too much... There's a lot of things you might not know about those so called "white hat banned users". Think about it, how many of them will honestly say what they did wrong? How many of them don't have a clue about the requirements, updates and so on... I mean, you didn't... That's what I'm talking about.

You think Joel Comm got to $1K a day over night? I don't think so...

What you need to do now is to recognize your mistakes, change the way you think, and maybe submit another appeal.

Because the one you did, I can only imagine how it looks...

Now chill off a bit, I know you're nervous right now, you can say you aren't, but I know you are, so chill out and relax a little. No one here wants to "fight" with you, so don't feel like someone's attacking you, it's all right.

richardxthripp

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I really can't talk to you, you've already formed your opinion. However, I can assure you that you do not represent the members of DNforum. "We tried to help you" = weasel words. There is no "we", only I.

I've never purchased traffic or encouraged anyone to click the ads. I really can't take someone seriously who I know nothing about. Where are your websites? What is your real name? Do you work for Google? Do you use AdSense?

If I'm banned for not having a privacy policy, I'll write one and re-apply. But there's no reason to write a privacy policy now, unless I want to appeal to Google by demonstrating that I'm pro-actively fixing the problems with my websites... I think I'll do that tomorrow.

Aleksandar

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I formed my opinion based on what you said. You remember the second post when I asked you about more details? Well there you have it, you gave more details and "we" gave our opinions.

Acro tried to help you, Doc, thinking small... Juniper said something of his own, and that's all right too. That's why I said "we", because I see multiple people around here trying to help you. And no, I'm not working for google, my real name is my nickname if you look more closely, and yes I'm an adsense user, do you really think I'd take the time to get myself familiar with something I'm not involved with?

The point is, that you continue to demonstrate your incapability to follow the rules and stay updated. That's your biggest mistake, forget about the policy, iframes, messing with the code, that's just an example of the consequences by not being familiar with the guidelines.

You never purchased traffic? Fine man, that's not the point. I'm saying that many of them so called "white hat users" get banned for things they either not know anything about, or don't want to admit they tried to game the system. You are in the first group, those who don't take the time and understand what they can't or can do. I understand you, you thought everything was fine, it was for a while and then "boom" you're knocked out, don't know what's happening. Well I tried to tell you what's happening and you're not listening.

I don't care what you're going to do tomorrow, I tried to help you, "we" tried to help you, others can bash their head with you, I won't anymore... Good luck...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators