Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.BE Free First year promotion about to start (6pmEST) 10/31/2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jothan

DNF OG
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've been busy planning the Domain Roundtable Conference until today and had not peeked back here after I posted following my head's up on .be registrations, but it looks like things worked out for some folks, not for others, and timing played a role in it.

Congrats to those that did, and for those that didn't, there still might be some opportunity.

I used Freddy's Suggestion of EuroDNS (I prefer them because they present materials in English), and there are many more .be registrars that can be found.

I understand that there was a landrush and some folks had successes with this, while others may not have. At this point, I think EuroDNS is accepting 10 free and then 4 euro per .be afterwards. Freddy could correct me if I am wrong.

.BE has a massive list of resellers in addition to EuroDNS, although I have yet to find a one of them that is offering the domains without some hosting package bundle, so if there are some folks here on DNF, who schprakken these many other languages, to where you have the time or inclination to find another alternative .be registration site, here is the source to find them on:

DNS.BE is the Authoratative Registry for .BE according to IANA.
http://www.dns.be/en/home.php?n=81 is the link to the DNS.BE directory of Direct Resellers.

-Jothan

Domain summit 2024

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moe Suffixes said:
I've been busy planning the Domain Roundtable Conference .................

-Jothan

Hi Jothan,
you where right with the pricing 10 free, next 4 Euro on .be.
at the beginning we offered all free, but we where kicked by the registry.
They asked us to limit a bit the rush, because they do not like warehousing of DN´s.

Tell us more about your next Domain Roundtable, is there already something that you could betray us?

Freddy

DNFreek

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
can some one please tell me how i change nameservers for a domain at eurodns

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DNFreek said:
can some one please tell me how i change nameservers for a domain at eurodns
first you have to add the new Nameservers in the adminarea click dns-profil.
then, you can choose them for every domain in a pull downmenu when you click "Details".
but pls pay attention. how familiar are you with ccTLDs? I ask because most people here are in .com!
1 for .de you need nameservers from 2 Class-C net.
2 for .hu you need addtionally to 1 a postmaster email address configured.
3 for .hu you need additionally to 1 and 2 an exact soa level.
the list is endless.

freddy

Jothan

DNF OG
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Freddy@EuroDNS said:
Hi Jothan,
you where right with the pricing 10 free, next 4 Euro on .be.
at the beginning we offered all free, but we where kicked by the registry.
They asked us to limit a bit the rush, because they do not like warehousing of DN´s.

Tell us more about your next Domain Roundtable, is there already something that you could betray us?

Freddy

Freddy- 'Betray' has negative connotation, likely a language thing... I suspect you actually meant or intended to say 'Relay'

Anyhow, the next Domain Roundtable is going to be April 18-21, 2006 in Bellevue Washington, and we are putting together a great roster of participants. The registration system will be up on line within the week to accept signups.

The Domain Roundtable will be bigger than last year. Topics are already forming as I get more and more commitments from speakers and sponsors.

So far, we'll have our famous CEO Roundtable, an update on .EU's launch, VeriSign's CLS and its impact on auction models. We'll do our Intellectual Property focuses, and ccTLD sessions, and we'll hope to have .JOBS and .XXX back out to talk again.

I also have two syndicated XML content providers will be there to talk about roll your own portal (aka landing page), and there will be some technical tracts as well.

The conference will be constantly growing and evolving, keep checking http://www.domainroundtable.com for the up to date information.

I hope you'll be there, Freddy, and perhaps I will see you at ICANN.

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, I will be on ICANN!
arriving 29th. From the 30th I stay in the West In.
Any good suggestions for bars/partys?

It will be pleasure speaking to the Spanish registry. ;-)

Freddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators