Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

.BE Free First year promotion about to start (6pmEST) 10/31/2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelsea

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Isn´t this the usual "I can´t get enough..." ?

While I understand your point that some statements here might have been misleading, you DID go to another registrar and got domains for free that you obviously would not have registered if you had to pay for it.
So, instead of complaining, be happy with what you got.

I mean, there are a lot of registrars out there that did not pass on the free offer, do we complain about them?
As far as I remember in this thread were 3 other registrars mentioned that offer the free service, all of them implemented their restrictions later.

teamwork

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just to add my opinion too, since I 've been with eurodns (as a customer) some time now.

I spent some time to find and regged some names and finally I got them (at least till now). From what I know till now Freddy has been an active member of the forum and has given usefull info to many of us. To the best of my knowledge he will always reply and he will always help if needed.

The opportunity of .be came and seems that the demand was really extreme.
As a result some stayed unsattisfied because they didn't get some free domains, or they got it and then they lost it. But do never forget. This was a free offer. You were not supposed (most probably) to go to .be and reg these domains. And if some of these domains, as some say are valued for xxx, x.xxx and 5 figures I think you are totally wrong. These domains were there and sitting for months or years. The same for other TLDs. If they are worth so much, why didn't you go there before the free offer? Because of the 18Euro annual fee? Come on.. Let's be serious.

And we found one (Freddy) who gave some light, or at least he tried to, and now he gets all the blame. It's unfair to judge people this way. If the opportunity of .be (with 5,10 million residents) lost, what's the big deal?

Go to the next one. Tens of TLDs with similar or much more population are out there and the most important , not as developed like Belgium and of course with less names registered. So , please bring peace in the thread.

My poor personal opinion, grab whatever you grab and do PPC for the rest of the year. And if it happens to have a domain with some or big traffic, keep it longer, or develop it and try to sell it , some time in the near or long future.

PEACE

PapaStiz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got a few...I want to say thanks to Freddy and to EuroDNS for passing these along for free. Very cool stuff. It is a great promotion for EuroDNS and we get some free names too..win-win all around :)

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Since we're sharing.. As I said earlier I grabbed 3 names. I grabbed 3 of the highest paying keywords I could find. Here they are ;

vioxxlawsuit.be
structuredsettlements.be
mesotheliomaattorney.be

Bart

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
teamwork said:
If the opportunity of .be (with 5,10 million residents) lost, what's the big deal?

Hey dude, we are with 11 mio ;)

teamwork

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
USTrader said:
Hey dude, we are with 11 mio ;)

thanks for correcting me. Just didn't know the right figure.
I'm located in Greece with the same number of residents and possibly less registered domains.

rgrds

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
--- Seems like EuroDNS.com is now charging a flat 4$ for setup cost.

Even though their site says:
No setup costs on domain name generic domains

Can anyone else also confirm?

Majnoon

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes you are right ducan that is what it is saying, my cousin tried to register some names and put eight names 3 got registered free and the rest have been wating for the last 6 or 7 hours. actualy BENIC today stoped around 5000 registeration so it could be the same problem as before..

Hope it will be back soon

beanz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ashaw1387 said:
I was told my euroDNS that the reason my names that were confirmed by email to be registered were dropped... was because i didnt enter my CC number! CC numbers are only asked for when making a purchase above $0.00 dollars! When I get a confirmation that my domains were successfully registered... thats what I expect! This is complete BS, no matter how lightly any of you take it. No warning of loading up on domains to begin with... did they think people were going to take one or two and then stop there? Free means you load up your pockets with all you can get...and then you drop ALL the names for doing so!????

i agree, this is ****ing bullshit.

Majnoon

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
have you guys noticed that it now says the free .be is only free for European customers.

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hi, we do not want to be kicked again by the registry. we needed to limit the regs for a short time because we did 25% to 30% of all regs at the registry. It will be opened now again.
The limit will be 10 per useraccount, IP-Address, Name, Email.

Sorry for that. It is just to prevent problems.

Freddy

Bart

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
After having checked some of the recently registered .be-domains, please allow me to express some concern:
DNS.be-TOS clearly indicates that those free .be's are not meant to be used for warehousing and direct sales. What will happen when DNS.be enforces these conditions on (some ? most ?) of the recently reg'ed domains ?

I really hope they will not play the game this hard, but what if they would ?
Maybe Freddy could shed a light on this issue. Thanks in advance !

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
USTrader said:
After having checked some of the recently registered .be-domains, please allow me to express some concern:
DNS.be-TOS clearly indicates that those free .be's are not meant to be used for warehousing and direct sales. What will happen when DNS.be enforces these conditions on (some ? most ?) of the recently reg'ed domains ?

I really hope they will not play the game this hard, but what if they would ?
Maybe Freddy could shed a light on this issue. Thanks in advance !

Thats a good question! I really do not know. I will ask our lawyer to perhaps comment this. This is one of the reason why we setup this rules. And I would be really glad to see some of you guys setting up perhaps the one or the other real page. It is so easy, copy a bit content from Wikipedia, there will be still enough space for a bit PPC.

Some figures:

474378 standard registrations
74364 campaign registrations
548742 total Domains registered

Today !
New: 106 (paid)
Campaign: 19971
Quarantined: 73
Freed: 8963
Reactivated: 25
Transfers: 106
Trades: 19

Freddy

PapaStiz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Freddy..question...I got my 10 from EuroDNS. If I buy a few names (as some are already being listed for sale) from some people and they push them into my account do I need to be worried about EuroDNS deleting some of them?

Thanks!

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PapaStiz said:
Hey Freddy..question...I got my 10 from EuroDNS. If I buy a few names (as some are already being listed for sale) from some people and they push them into my account do I need to be worried about EuroDNS deleting some of them?

Thanks!

We will not delete the names! This are your names!
But what if the registry do? I think the problem is not that 2 or 3 people resell names, the problem could be that all good names will be warehoused by domainers. And then the registry will react. Thats the reason why I say, develop the one or the other DN, put a small website behind it.

Freddy

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeh they have already started yanking those for sale on Sedo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators