Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Best/Cheapest .com registrar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaniilKharms

Can anyone recommend a good and cheap .com registrar? I need at the very least e-mail forwarding and preferably web forwarding as well.

Previously I have used BuyDomains and they charge $16.00 so I am looking for something cheaper than that.

Domain summit 2024

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
I recommend GoDaddy as well, nice amount of features for $8.95 and icann accredited..

D

DaniilKharms

I seem to remember GoDaddy being difficult to move away from?

Then don't move away.:)

go daddy does offer a great package for $8.95 and you can transfer in for $7.95......

free url forwarding and $.99 email forwarding

insomnia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
theres a new guy. WebJeff.com , $7.50/year .COM,.NET,.ORG.
unbelievable prices! check out his domain resellers too!

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
godaddy = over rated

M

Mythios

I'm going to check out webjeff.com. How are they on customer svc. and transfers?

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DaniilKharms
I need at the very least e-mail forwarding and preferably web forwarding as well.

No need for any registrar to provide that. You can have these services for free at mydomain.com. I use eNom which has all the bangs and whistles, but still prefer using mydomain for DNS management as it allows me to configure my page title for stealth forwarding which eNom can't. I know Dotster offers that, but Dotster's DNS management is still limited and clunky.

jingle

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
...has stealth forwarding

Jingle, Mole means can use "Meta Tags" while stealth forwarding, he did not say enom does not has stealth forwarding.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm referring to being able to configure the page title, Jingle. eNom's stealth forwarding defaults the page title to the URL.

jingle

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
sorry...i didn't read your post carefully...I will blame in on computer fatigue.... mydomain is a good service...have they fixed their forwarding glitches? Used to be where you would sometimes get an error message instead of your page.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, email forwarding is a bit erratic nowadays, and they recently had problems with their NS4 service. I suspect they will be charging soon, its getting closer.

DNbuy

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Please let me state a simple case for the eNom reseller *****.com.

Mod Edit: self promotion isn't allowed outside the advertising forums, see forum rules.

Free URL forwarding
Free email forwarding
yada yada yada...

All of the things that eNom resellers offer.

$8.97 for a single year registration with discounts for bulk orders.

And here is the single most important and often overlooked aspect of all domain registration companies and the one factor that puts DNbuy above all others I ( from my own experience) have ever dealt with.

Service

People think they are buying a domain name when they register. They are not . People buy what they can do with a domain name when they register. It is absolutely useless to buy the cheapest reg you can find if you can't figure out how to use and there is no one there to help you when problems arise.

DNbuy understands that it is not in their long term benefit to ignore, deprive or otherwise be unco-operative with their customers.
  1. We will not prevent your name from being transferred away
  2. We will respond to your emails in a timely manner
  3. If you can't figure something out, we will attempt to do it for you.
  4. We will listen when you speak to us.
    [/list=1]

These are some of the areas that most companies on the internet are lacking in, not just domain registration companies. It seems many think that when they open up shop on the web that they can forget about all of the things that makes real businesses successfull.

We have not forgotten.
    Our customers are our business.

We hope you give us the opportunity to prove it to each and every one of you.

I welcome any and all input at info@dnbuy.com.

Respectfully

DNBuy, you might want to go back and read the forum rules. Self-promotion in the general forums is not allowed:
Members will not be allowed to promote thier own website/business outside of the Advertising forums, members will be warned and could also loose their forum membership if "spamming" on the forums where it is not allowed.
-t

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators