• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Best registrar for large portfolios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom K.

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2005
Messages
1,020
Reaction score
70
Which registrar(s) would you recommend for a large portfolio?

Are there any advantages in splitting your portfolio between a number of registrars?
 
I keep all my domains by one place as I have a nice deal going on. domaindiscount24.com by key-systems will offer excellent bulk rates with a superior backend for management.
 
I've been told by more than a few that http://www.bulkregister.com is the best registrar for managing very large portfolios...
If you are concerned about security Moniker is the one.
 
1. domaindiscount24.com
2. bulkregister.com
3. godaddy.com
4. fabulous.com
5. ???? next?
 
moniker.com is one of the most secure out there
 
1. domaindiscount24.com
2. bulkregister.com
3. godaddy.com
4. fabulous.com
5. moniker.com
6. ???? next?
 
I like GoDaddy but find that once your portfolio gets to a certain size it takes long to locate specific domains. It would be nice to have a search functionality so you can locate domains by partial words.

Never heard of domaindiscount24. How long have they been around? What makes them better than bulkregister and godaddy?
 
1. bulkregister.com
2. fabulous.com
3. godaddy.com
4. moniker.com
5. ???? next?
 
Bulkregister was purchased by Enom a couple weeks ago.

It is still unknown if they will merge BR into Enom.

Moniker is the most secured. And, his pricing is very competitive.

The major players use
Moniker
Enom
Fab.
 
what I like about Key-Systems 1998, / aka DomainDiscount24 is the excellent backend they offer for your portfolio.
Extremely easy to manage domains with their admin area.
I can always get in contact with them via telephone or through their support team via email.
 
MyFuture said:
what I like about Key-Systems 1998, / aka DomainDiscount24 is the excellent backend they offer for your portfolio.

Ironically, I consider them one of my least favorite.

:ohwell:
 
actnow said:
Ironically, I consider them one of my least favorite.

:ohwell:
have you ever used them? any experience you would like to share with us?
 
1. godaddy.com
2. fabulous.com
3. moniker.com
4. ???? next?
 
MyFuture said:
have you ever used them? any experience you would like to share with us?

Yes, I still use them. And, I need to transfer more domains out of there.

Just leave it at "they are not one of my favorite registrars".
 
ecafe said:
Which registrar(s) would you recommend for a large portfolio?
There is only one answer: MONIKER.COM.

Good luck!
 
Moniker - amazing service, ultra secure...only option if you're serious about domaining
 
Which registrar is the best price and customer service compare Godaddy.com and Moniker.com?

1. prices for TLDs
2. Customer service; 24 hours phone service etc
3. speed of website loading..... i know godaddy.com sometimes very slow...
4. bulk domains control panel.... example godaddy.com only controls 1 page for 20 domains, but if you have more than 20 domains do have to click one page by one page. i wish godaddy can control 500 domains in one page but it is impossible because loaing speed of page is going to slow.....

i now know more about Moniker.com
 
Would you say:

1. Moniker - Plus: Security; Minus: Price (don't see it on the site but I think it's around 18 for com)
2. GoDaddy - Plus: Price, service; Minus: Control, slow DNS server.
3. Fabulous - I like their control panel but never used them for registrar. Price also is very competitive at 6.75.
4. BR/enom - ???

Also:

Are there any benefits to spliting your portfolio between registrars?
 
Good idea, ecafe.

1. Moniker - Plus: Security; Minus: Price (don't see it on the site but I think it's around 18 for com)
2. GoDaddy - Plus: Price, service; Minus: Control, slow DNS server.
3. Fabulous - I like their control panel but never used them for registrar. Price also is very competitive at 6.75.
4. BR/enom - ???
i bought some domain from enom's reseller but the reseller put my domain in his portfolio. Finally i called enom customer serivece and got it back after a while.

i think enom's problem is the security between the reseller and the retail domain buyer. for example, godaddy's resellers are not allowed to control any domains bought under him (can control only his domains), only godaddy's customer service has full control of the domains, even though they have to spend more on customer service.

Enom give reseller the ability to control their retail customer's domains. When we call enom for help, they say to contact the reseller. Only when there is a big problem... like the reseller not responding or something, they try to fix it then. I don't know why enom is not controlling the customer service for the reseller.... I heard that Enom is purchasing domain companies and i wonder how they will end up controlling these compaines...

As for enom, if you want more security, then you need to buy from enom's website which is more than about 2 times the price. If you buy from enom's reseller, then you will have to contact the reseller... Godaddy controls all domains that are purchased through their reseller...:crutch:

ecafe said:
Would you say:

1. Moniker - Plus: Security; Minus: Price (don't see it on the site but I think it's around 18 for com)
2. GoDaddy - Plus: Price, service; Minus: Control, slow DNS server.
3. Fabulous - I like their control panel but never used them for registrar. Price also is very competitive at 6.75.
4. BR/enom - ???

Also:

Are there any benefits to spliting your portfolio between registrars?
 
Thanks, Preoccupy, for the details on eNom. This input is much appreciated.

I think I'll give Fabulous more of a try and see how they compare.

I've used them for parking but got discouraged due to low click returns and high learning curve on the control panel.

Since then, my portfolio grew and I see they offer functionality that should prove quite useful. Often with increased functionality comes increased learning curve. And I feel like I haven't given them a fair try the first time around. Plus I like their registration rates and they're at version 5 of the control panel.

I will report my experience to this forum.

It would be good to read more specific details/experiences with Moniker.

Still would like to see what the feedback is on placing your portfolio at one registrar versus dividing it between a number of registrars.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom