Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Best registrar

Favorite Registrar?

• Network Solutions/VeriSign

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • eNom

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • DomainDirections.com

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Dotster.com

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Register.com

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • GoDaddy.com

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • DirectNIC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 17 29.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

there are several domain reg resellers on this board, and the most successful and respected don't use spamlike promotion (goh/dreamname.com and thewitt/myostrich.com being 2 that spring to mind).

Posting supposed recommendations that are in fact from a sites operator is just plain desperate.

Domain summit 2024

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The best registrar?
Easy! www.BulkRegister.com

I resold for register.com - no more
I also resell for Joker.com StarGateinc.com and now GoDaddy.com

Who voted for Verisign and why?

Is there really any logic to that....or a really funny joke!?

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
cu_buffs, would you belive that I got a nasty reply for dareing to suggest that a person transfer out of NetSol? The guy loved them - and paid 3 times as much just to stay with them.

some people are scared of moving from netsol/vs in case they lose their domain in the transfer process or through some fault of the "cheap" registrar.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For end-users who register a name or two at the most, this less-than-$30 difference is negligible. The same is also true for corporations which cannot tell $35 from $350.

Just picture this: you are the technology manager of a mid-size company which either registers its domain for 10 years at a time or renew it every year without modifying anything other than perhaps your telephone number, why would you bother transferring out of the "prestigious" Network Solutions?

its about not upsetting the status quo.

personally, i would (and did) move my domains out of netsol at the first opportunity - they have a care less attitude when they make mistakes (unless you happen to be ibm or the like).

But as nameslave said, there is prestige with being with netsol and there is fear of change. And when it comes to something that costs <$100 its hard to argue as to why they should move if the price isn't a motivation.

wwww

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole

You forgot peace of mind. Maybe its just me, but resellers make me nervous.

Why do they make you nervous?? If the reseller goes belly up, your domain just goes back to the original registrar or you transfer it away...

:confused:

Originally posted by wwww

Why do they make you nervous?? If the reseller goes belly up, your domain just goes back to the original registrar or you transfer it away...

:confused:

If you have registered with an eNom reseller for $9 and the hermit running it from his basement decides to give up....then do you go to eNom and have a $29 registration? That sucks.

wwww

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by cu_buffs

If you have registered with an eNom reseller for $9 and the hermit running it from his basement decides to give up....then do you go to eNom and have a $29 registration? That sucks.

you just transfer it away to a cheaper registrar and you never have to pay those 29 bucks.

:)

do you know of any restrictions (i.e. after our reseller gives up you must stay at eNom for 1,000 days)

just curious, thanks wwww!

wwww

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by cu_buffs
do you know of any restrictions (i.e. after our reseller gives up you must stay at eNom for 1,000 days)

just curious, thanks wwww!

I have never heard of something like this and I don't think there are such rules.

I voted for eNOM, having used Dotster previously as a reseller and numerous others for registration over the past 5 years. eNOM does keep getting Better and Better.....!!

NIC insists that that eNOM sucks, but I would like to hear WHY NIC feels this way? Have you checked eNOM LATELY?? Much improved Tech Support, the NEW PDQ interface, Major Flexbility, FREE Ownership Transfers, what more could a reseller ask for?

I have been reselling with eNOM for more than a year now and it has helped my domain business grow in leaps and bounds... :)

Fill me in NIC or perhaps you have a link to a previous post that will explain your feelings about eNOM?

Thanks!

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
:cool:
My eNom vote is for the eNom resellers.
:cool:

When you ask who is the best registrar, you have to have a view of what best means to you.

If you are a domain speculator who grabs 100 domains a week, you might want the lowest price that lets you transfer domains to other people hassle free.

If you are a corporate domain owner, you might be looking for someone who takes purchase orders or domain orders "on account."

If you are a paranoid about using a credit card online, or under age, you might want someone who takes checks or money orders.

If you are interested in a free Internet presence, you might want free web space or an email account with your domain.

If you are a "guru" on the Internet, the quality of the domain manager interface may not be as interesting to you than if you are new to the whole thing.

If you are afraid of resellers, you will never do business with OpenSRS - the #2 registrar at the moment. There may be some resellers to be afraid of (many in my book...), however the security of OpenSRS is not something to run away from.

OpenSRS does not sell direct to the public. They have decided to concentrate on the reseller model and have set very high standards of conduct both for themselves, and their reseller channel. They don't SPAM, don't support RSPs who SPAM, don't contact your customers directly, and will not market to them. They are the only registrar who would make these commitments to us.

We looked hard at all the programs out there, and though I'm not going to slam any of the competition - that's simply not my style - we decided on OpenSRS after careful consideration of all the variables.

We could have gone with alternate registrars in order to offer domains at a lower price, however we chose high integrity and stellar service over low price and are very pleased with our choice.

In the past 6 months we've only had domains tranfer away from us by speculators who picked up names in the various LandRush deals.

The huge growth that the sub-$10 registrars have experienced continues to be fueled by the domain speculation market. When these domains expire and drop in the next year, it will be interesting to see the results in the number of domains registered by each.

I am still predicting that the sub-$10s will not be sub-$10 by this time next year. They cannot survive at that level for long. We've done the business case analysis to become an ICANN registrar. It's simply not possible - the volume simply does not make up for the lack of profit.

-t

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators