Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

legal Beware of member 'DavidAusman' , he renigged on our deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Perhaps DNForum could set some standards as to what is expected on persons selling or buying domains on here ?. Like for example following well trodden Contract Law that there
is firstly an "Offer" to sell, then an "Acceptance" of that Offer, and that the offeror may withdraw his offer to sell at anytime before Acceptance. Perhaps there should be a number of days to make payment whether direct or to Escrow.com before the seller is entitled to withdraw the offer to sell ?.

DG

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hei..... I need cash. That's why I am doing first come first serve basis. The other member pays much faster than you did. And you, I only have your words saying that you will buy the name. But where is the cash?

I own the domain, I can sell to whomever I like. Your comment on me won't change the deal.

To me a bad domainer is
> Someone who like to faking domain revenue stats using photoshop
> Someone who hijack/steal domain
> Someone who do frauds such as disappearing upon receiving payment from buyer.

Why am I listed in bad domainers :lol:
Like I had explained previously, I need cash.... I do first come first serve basis. A word SOLD doesn't mean anything until you pay for it.

So I am at an auction and I put in a bid. I win the auction, but another member runs up to the cashier and pays for the item I won plus a few more bucks. Does he have the right to the item I stated I would purchase by putting in my offer and myself stating SOLD?

I know this thread is three months old, but if someone posts SOLD give them a respectable time to pay. I dont care of someone comes and PM's saying I will give you $1,000 more. The other member has the first chance to pay in a given amount of time.

Damn kids

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The guideline to whats being asked is here:
http://www.dnforum.com/rules.php#8
Complete your sales! If a member posts "sold" or PM's that he/she will buy your domain, website, service, etc., please attempt to complete the sale in a timely manner. This goes for both parties, please make yourself available to complete the sale as soon as possible. In addition, your word is your bond. If you agree to a deal, you shouldn't back out - even if you receive a higher offer (sellers) or if you think you offered too much (buyers). Do the right thing and the right thing will eventually return to you.

flamewalker

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The seller, is a BAD domainer... He obviously doesn't understand how 'things are done'. When someone posts sold, at least give them a chance to send the money. Some of us have real lives and WORK for a living so we can't be on 24/7. IMHo 24-48 hours is more than reasonable, sometimes even up to 72 hours if the delay is for a good reason (registrar difficulties etc).

If im not mistaken, the seller said he was having registrar problems and not to send the money... then he sold it to someone else. He was apparently lying to hide the fact he got a higher offer. Shameful the seller doesn't have much ethics or he would have sold at the SOLD price, not done a backdoor deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators