Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

legal Beware of member 'DavidAusman' , he renigged on our deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to get midieval, but think shady members must be exposed.

And you, I only have your words saying that you will buy the name.

This seems like a pretty damning comment, since I was waiting for an auth code.
He does have about 3 months worth of membership over you.

Surprised the seniority rule had not been mentioned.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeah ban his azzzz

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's time to put members' ages in the profiles. This is the logic of someone around age 15 at best, and most of us don't want to do business with children.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
http://www.dnforum.com/rules.php#8
8. Complete your sales! If a member posts "sold" or PM's that he/she will buy your domain, website, service, etc., please attempt to complete the sale in a timely manner. This goes for both parties, please make yourself available to complete the sale as soon as possible. In addition, your word is your bond. If you agree to a deal, you shouldn't back out - even if you receive a higher offer (sellers) or if you think you offered too much (buyers). Do the right thing and the right thing will eventually return to you.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's time to put members' ages in the profiles. This is the logic of someone around age 15 at best, and most of us don't want to do business with children.

thats a very good idea !

Vinternatt

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Then how can be sure that the seller or buyer entered his/her age correctly? I mean anybody at age of 15 can fill the form as 25. How can we know his/her real age?

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seriously, wtf is going on here.

kwok

Verified Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the warning.

Since I am blocked from posting in Resolved Forum Sales, I'll post here:
MODS you can move it if you can.

I negotiated a deal with DNForum member DavidAusman at 2PM.
He said he was having trouble with his current registrar Aviddomains, I told him to just send the auth code when he can get access to his account.
I was awaiting an auth code, when I received a PM at 9PM saying he sold it to another member.

I'm sure DavidAusman is getting more $$$ from the second "buyer," but that doesn't justify renigging on a deal, does it? Does anyone else think this is bad business practice?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by DavidAusman
Aviddomains is created by oversee.net to manage domains bought from snapnames. It is managed by moniker but it stands as individual website.

I will let you know as soon as I got reply from moniker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDiGiTaL
If its a moniker reseller, you can just send the auth code, It will eventually be at moniker.
--
bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidAusman
Bob, don't transfer the cash yet. Aviddomains is showing error message on my end. I need to contact them, thus I won't be able to push the name to you immediately.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

afloat.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think you guys are getting a bit carried away, I did 2 reasonably large transactions with David Ausman on this forum when he was "aboutwhat.org" and never had a problem, and by the looks of his Itrader quite a few high profile members have been very happy in the past as well

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Strangely, I have also done business with DAVIDAUSAMAN in the past with no problems.
I wouldn't think someone would jeopardize their "name" for a few bucks.
With the ability to change your "name" for a few DNF$, it seems DNF welcomes and encourages scammers.
I wonder why he changed his name from ABOUTWHAT.ORG ?
Does anyone know?

9MM

Canadian Emcee
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Strangely, I have also done business with DAVIDAUSAMAN in the past with no problems.
I wouldn't think someone would jeopardize their "name" for a few bucks.
With the ability to change your "name" for a few DNF$, it seems DNF welcomes and encourages scammers.
I wonder why he changed his name from ABOUTWHAT.ORG ?
Does anyone know?

hey it's not that easy, pretty sure NOW they actually track the changes if its even allowed

NostraDomainus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Greed Breads Mean Deeds! (Yet Again!)

Looks to me like another case of an immature, amateur domainer getting excited over making an extra couple of dollars, yet too short-sighted to see how they are throwing away their good rep., as such bad-faith business practices are not appreciated by mature, professional domainers (unless I am wrong and the individual doesn't care about their rep., and it is just one of the accepted costs of being greedy).

It's unfortunate such people continue to make the world a worse place for the rest of us.

I hope DNF Admin and Ownership look into this and take the appropriate measures to make DNF a safer place to do professional business, as I have seen a spike in such activity as described in this thread all too much in recent times.

Carpe Peaciem ~ Peacefully seize the day! (Forever!)

namemojo

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Where are the Mods. This type of behaviour here is not warranted nor wanted. The way deals are going, the only people that are going to make a living from domaining are Escrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators