Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

developed BigTimeVideos.com - $11,200+ / Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OMG...

First of all, HE HAS A RIGHT to sell his site, even if it's made 1 second ago. He can sell his site based 1 min's income, 1 hour's income, 1 day's income. You people are trying to find some lame excuse to keep this thread open and have a go at him. His income is very believable.

As for the ethics of using yahoo bandwidth that’s a different story and nothing to do with us who don't want to buy the site!

Yahoo may stop him from linking to them, so what, he still has the right to sell the site, not only that all his videos work for me! as he said he is using another source right now which is NO PROBLEM! He can have an imaginary buyer if he so wishes, he didn't ask for bids, so he isn't exactly making the bids increase is he!

His sites traffic may go down, his income may go down, that’s nothing to do with us, we are not buying the site, and if the buyer is not going to research this info he / she is deserving of losing money.

There is nothing illegal about this sale, unless anyone can come up with SOLID evidence his income is fake, or he stole the site, not just talk there is nothing wrong here except a few people who moan endlessly like old women, stop it, i am surprised admins have not issued warnings to anyone for breaking the exact rules they set, this is a sales thread for god sakes, you unhappy? make your own thread about him and discuss it there, as far as i am concerned there is nothing wrong with his site, it is possible to produce the income that he does in short time.

impulse

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I do not know Jason or any of the people involved this thread, and have never even gone to Jason's site, but I have spoken with other video code site owners who make similar huge incomes from their sites so that part would appear to real. One reason there is big money in it is that it is risky, and even if it is not illegal it has lots of potential for a lawsuit or at least a cease and desist order. So, the asking prices for these video code sites are low as compared to their current income because they reflect this risk.

As long as the seller can really verify income and traffic he has a right to try to try sell the site, and nothing I have read in these posts so far seems to prove he is lying. So, as CSite.net just said, I think people should try to post more conclusive evidence instead of just being nasty about it.

- Eric
Bored.com

RANGER

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree but some of the posters in this thread especially post # 96 are pointing out good information that a potential buyer should be aware of and do his/her due diligence to debunk or confirm it.

According to that post, Yahoo! is now aware of the problem and it looks likely they will continue to constantly change the video serving method until these guys get a clue. If that doesn't work then as you mentioned a lawsuit or cease and decist might come into play.

In any case it's good info to know and though I don't agree with ALL of the nastiness I'm glad most of it was said. Imagine if nothing was said and some poor buyer bought this site even after doing due diligence and confirming the revenue and traffic. He/she would still be stuck with a site that breaks every few hours no matter how many "backup databases" they have.

Prediction: All of these sites will be out of business (where Yahoo! is concerned) by Monday, Tuesday at the latest.

From what I'm getting from the people who have seen the screenshots they look pretty obviously faked. Perhaps he can post those publicly since he's brought everything else public?

lux_interior

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wonder if you're also a used car salesman by chance? You have that strange knack of talking a great deal but saying absolutely nothing.

Here's a direct question. Try giving a direct answer.

Why do you have videocodezone.com tribal fusion code in 'your' site?

I look forward to your response. Try to keep it to just a few sentences as the smell of BS gets a bit nauseating after a while.

Lux

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lux_interior said:
I wonder if you're also a used car salesman by chance? You have that strange knack of talking a great deal but saying absolutely nothing.

Here's a direct question. Try giving a direct answer.

Why do you have videocodezone.com tribal fusion code in 'your' site?

I look forward to your response. Try to keep it to just a few sentences as the smell of BS gets a bit nauseating after a while.

Lux

Actually he doesn't i checked, it's diffrent codes on both sides, he just called the channel videocodezonecom!

impulse

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Another issue to keep in mind is that Yahoo does not even own the copyrights to all these videos, so in addition to a possible bandwidth stealing lawsuit from Yahoo (or whoever the source at the time is), there are possible copyright violation lawsuits from the major record labels. Even though it is free publicity for the bands, the record companies want to control where and how the videos are displayed. For example, what if you show an Amy Grant music video on your sex site to get extra traffic? The record company does not want that. I received a cease and desist letter from a major record company for something like this (nothing to do with sex sites), and I was not using the video in a bad way at all, but they just did not want anybody else having control over it no matter how well it was displayed.

- Eric
Bored.com

lux_interior

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
CSite.Net said:
Actually he doesn't i checked, it's diffrent codes on both sides, he just called the channel videocodezonecom!

Ah that explains it all then :cheeky: So why would your boyfriend....sorry I mean HE...why would he do something like that? Or is that some great techinique I've missed over the years?

Lux

linkreach

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
impulse said:
Another issue to keep in mind is that Yahoo does not even own the copyrights to all these videos, so in addition to a possible bandwidth stealing lawsuit from Yahoo (or whoever the source at the time is), there are possible copyright violation lawsuits from the major record labels. Even though it is free publicity for the bands, the record companies want to control where and how the videos are displayed. For example, what if you show an Amy Grant music video on your sex site to get extra traffic? The record company does not want that. I received a cease and desist letter from a major record company for something like this (nothing to do with sex sites), and I was not using the video in a bad way at all, but they just did not want anybody else having control over it no matter how well it was displayed.

- Eric
Bored.com

How do you know that Yahoo! doesnt have permission from record labels and such to host these videos?

lux_interior said:
Ah that explains it all then :cheeky: So why would your boyfriend....sorry I mean HE...why would he do something like that? Or is that some great techinique I've missed over the years?

Lux

Wow, this is getting really immature, grade school immature.

impulse

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, I am sure Yahoo has limited permission to show those videos on their own site only, with certain restrictions. But, that has nothing to do with the songwriter, band, or record company suing you for showing the video on your site. Just because you are using Yahoo's bandwidth does not give you whatever copyright deal they negotiated with the record company. I would bet the deal Yahoo made with record companies does not allow Yahoo to supply the videos to other sites.

- Eric
Bored.com

ERCollins

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you do not have written permission from yahoo, or the artists it is illegal.

Jason Benn

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
CSite.Net said:
OMG...

First of all, HE HAS A RIGHT to sell his site, even if it's made 1 second ago. He can sell his site based 1 min's income, 1 hour's income, 1 day's income. You people are trying to find some lame excuse to keep this thread open and have a go at him. His income is very believable.

As for the ethics of using yahoo bandwidth that’s a different story and nothing to do with us who don't want to buy the site!

Yahoo may stop him from linking to them, so what, he still has the right to sell the site, not only that all his videos work for me! as he said he is using another source right now which is NO PROBLEM! He can have an imaginary buyer if he so wishes, he didn't ask for bids, so he isn't exactly making the bids increase is he!

His sites traffic may go down, his income may go down, that’s nothing to do with us, we are not buying the site, and if the buyer is not going to research this info he / she is deserving of losing money.

There is nothing illegal about this sale, unless anyone can come up with SOLID evidence his income is fake, or he stole the site, not just talk there is nothing wrong here except a few people who moan endlessly like old women, stop it, i am surprised admins have not issued warnings to anyone for breaking the exact rules they set, this is a sales thread for god sakes, you unhappy? make your own thread about him and discuss it there, as far as i am concerned there is nothing wrong with his site, it is possible to produce the income that he does in short time.

That was exactly my point. If you think the screenshots are fake, my income and traffic are fake talk to the owners of VideoCodeZone.com, MusicVideoCodes.co, PcPlanets.com...etc and ask them how much they make. They ALL make at LEAST $1,000 per DAY!

The people that say every screenshot I have posted here are simply being imature little kids. I can't edit a screenshot in a matter of minutes. I gave you the direct number to Tribal Fusion if you were so sure that I am a BS'er, but of course everyone ignores it because they know I am right.

Thanks again for your post, you seem to be one of the only real posters in this entire thread.

CSite.Net said:

Exactly

adill420 said:
i am only interested in finding out if this user's ip also resolves to a california (precisely isp somewhere around orange county)

I think i know who this scammer is..

You want to meet up? Give me your address, and I'll bring some guys over %+|

RANGER said:
Prediction: All of these sites will be out of business (where Yahoo! is concerned) by Monday, Tuesday at the latest.

I'll wager $5,000 bucks that my website will be alive and Kicking at the end of next week.

impulse said:
I do not know Jason or any of the people involved this thread, and have never even gone to Jason's site, but I have spoken with other video code site owners who make similar huge incomes from their sites so that part would appear to real. One reason there is big money in it is that it is risky, and even if it is not illegal it has lots of potential for a lawsuit or at least a cease and desist order. So, the asking prices for these video code sites are low as compared to their current income because they reflect this risk.

As long as the seller can really verify income and traffic he has a right to try to try sell the site, and nothing I have read in these posts so far seems to prove he is lying. So, as CSite.net just said, I think people should try to post more conclusive evidence instead of just being nasty about it.

- Eric
Bored.com

Yeap,

VideoCodeZone - $1,350 - $1,700 per DAY
MusicVideoCodes - $1,050 - $1,575 per DAY
PcPlanets - $700+ per DAY!

Why do you think VideoCodeZone sold for $200,000 after being online 4 months? My site is only being sold for $65,000 after being online one month.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I dont understand why you are still wasting your time trying to sell your site here. Its pretty obvious you wont find a buyer here on DNF, so why not spend your time on another forum where you might actually be able to unload the site before it gets shut down for good?

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm really suprised this hasn't been moved to the "people to avoid section." But never mind keep it going..

fryman04

Master of the cave
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, the problem is that there are always people that think that they represent the Pope and should go through all the threads and promote peace and love

"hey, yeah, he is a scammer and a liar, but so what? It is his thread, so let him scam people in peace..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom