Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

closed Bo.net

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Easy question: If you owned this, what price would you sell at?

Domain Summit 2024

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
of course. and i meant to say the *lowest price

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Easy question: If you owned this, what price would you sell at?
if I owned it, I would have to receive an offer, that would make me sell.

of course. and i meant to say the *lowest price
the lowest price I would start to consider, would be (3) X (current market value).....whatever that shit means.

imo...

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if I owned it, I would have to receive an offer, that would make me sell.

the lowest price I would start to consider, would be (3) X (current market value).....whatever that shit means.

imo...

Yes well the receiving offers -part is taken care of, the whole point of the thread was to get different domainers to post the minimum amount they would sell for. This of course includes making a valuation of the name with the current market in mind ;)

edit: i obviously have my own valuation of the name, especially since LL.net's aren't rocket science, but these are two premium letters and it also seems to have some relevance for chinese speaker

Last edited:

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think I understand what Biggie is trying to say, and it touches a very common domainers problem:
  • If asked for a quote, a lot of domainers tend to aim very high, probably too high, because they are afraid of missing a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
  • However, when a very tempting (but lower) offer is received, they probably take it, because they are afraid of ... well essentially the same: missing a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity
Although I think it is a healthy strategy probably just a minority of domainers decides about an asking price and sticks to that regardless is they are asked for a quote or confronted with an offer.

So when asked for a quote I would maybe ask $50k. When an offer comes in, I would maybe accept $18k.

Karim Nasser

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You are asking for an estimate, why not try the different estimate websites out there. Also look at recent sales of LL.NET, this can help you determine price. That being said, bo.net may be worth $10k to person A and $50k to person B. To me, bo.net is worth the LL.NET value, no other additional value, meaning the BO acronym or word doesn't mean anything to me or my business. The best thing to do is set a price and start accepting offers until you are satisfied with the offer.

Hope this helps.

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am well aware of the fact that a name is worth different amounts to different people. The only question i am asking is the minimum amount YOU would accept today. Someone said 18k.

That the end figure needs to be negotiated between a buyer and a seller is obvious, i thought that goes without saying...

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know there is a Bo University in Italy. I know that it is the maiden name of my next door neighbor.

This crosses many levels and languages on nearly every angle I can think of.

If I owned it, it would be hard for me to consider any thing less than $75K as a serious offer. I think there are just way too many potential endusers out there. I would have developed a real love affair with this name and would be hard to part with.

Karim Nasser

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would not accept anything less than $10K

I am well aware of the fact that a name is worth different amounts to different people. The only question i am asking is the minimum amount YOU would accept today. Someone said 18k.

That the end figure needs to be negotiated between a buyer and a seller is obvious, i thought that goes without saying...

Last edited:

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Karim: well your appraisal of 1k does not deserve a response

Bigge: i hear you, but that would place it in the top three LL.nets in the last years as far as i know? only beat by "my.net"?

I don't think the odds of getting 75 are very good?

Karim Nasser

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Peter,

I edited my post. $10K

My $1000 appraisal was based on how much I would buy it for. I re-read your original post.

Karim: well your appraisal of 1k does not deserve a response

Bigge: i hear you, but that would place it in the top three LL.nets in the last years as far as i know? only beat by "my.net"?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

peter, without knowing what you originally paid for the domain or if it has traffic/produces revenue or the number of offers you receive for it....how can one really say what they would take for it?

whether you have to sell the domain or not, whether you are an investor or flippr, makes difference in what one will accept.

peter said:

that's why I don't pay attention to past sales reports.

cuz they have already scared you from being the top sale for LL.nets

odds are against you, if you're hesitant to ask for what you want.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
$20k would be the rock bottom price.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Realistically 15-20K. Definitely no less than low 5 figures.

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sounds like most of us are on the same page here. i will probably sell it within the next couple of days, $2X-k is the current highest bid. truly hurts me to sell it, it has superb meaning and relevance in sweden and obviously chinese too. Anybody care to explain the meaning in chinese? I know of bo xilai, anything else?

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
While during the good times youd see decent low to mid 5 figs that is not todays situation. If you were to look at selling for a fair domainer to domainer price....$9k-$12k is very fair.

He is taking the risk of trying to make more, could take days or YEARS!.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess I am a little personally attached since I know so many families of the last name Bo as well as businesses. And my wife and I did visit Palazzo Bo in Padova and the Universidad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom