Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Bought via PM "stolen" Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Summit 2024

Sterling

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like we need to move our names from Godaddy to Enom. At least Enom will get them back for ya when something like that happens.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
His name is M a r t i n - Z a n k i c h -- and he seems to be legit person to me as his paypal account was verified as well and the same name in paypal profile too, whois of domains didnt change in 2 months .... maybe he just made wrong purchase of these domains in wrong place and later resold You... he doesn't visit dnforum afaik so You can't be sure when he is gonna be online next time :(
Maybe the paypal account belongs to a legit person and was hacked.

bro

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe the paypal account belongs to a legit person and was hacked.

He is using verified paypal account with his real name in paypal profile (I belive), but the only bad thing with his account is this that its free mail account with Yahoo..

I have read a lot about it and know that scammers crack tons of yahoo accounts on daily basis by using account cracking tools and proxies.. so having yahoo account attached to paypal is an invitation to problems imo

dnforum administration should keep eyes on password recovery requests because if account got hacked then even verified member seals wont help imo :)

zDomain

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My account was hacked and I have been working with John to get it back. I did not sell any domains and I have not been in the forum for a little bit. I also have not sold any domains on here before so If you see a thread with zDomain in the past few days it is fake.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My account was hacked and I have been working with John to get it back. I did not sell any domains and I have not been in the forum for a little bit. I also have not sold any domains on here before so If you see a thread with zDomain in the past few days it is fake.

I hope they help clear your name. Johnn is great. I suggest finding the IP address that logged into your account before and having it banned from DnForum.

No offense Acro...are you "Verified" in dnforum?

Not with the seal, but look at his join date and Trader Rating. Well, established if you ask me.

slimpickins

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
zdomain: yourdnf acount was hacked or your enom account?

are you also the owner of rgbs.com? that is one of the names i was scammed on that stain79 reports received payment to the same email as in his scam.... or is this a multiple-enom-account hack? sp

zDomain

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It was my dnf account that he hacked into and I do not own rgbs.com

stain79

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks to all for your help so far.
looks like there's nothing i can do.
but i have one more question.
since i'm from germany i don't know the US law.

BUT - if i buy a domain and the "owner" pushes the domain to my enom account, then theoretically i'm the new owner - and i'm sure that it is my domain, so that i can pay the seller.
now after over 1 day enom takes MY new domain and gives it back to the old owner.
is that legit? either enom would have to make it up to the old one who lost the stolen domain, or enom has to make it up to me, since i OWNED the domains.

why should i trust that registrar any longer, if he can simply go into my account and remove domains out of it?

could somebody explain that to me?

thanks,
jens

malmar2

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
BUT - if i buy a domain and the "owner" pushes the domain to my enom account, then theoretically i'm the new owner - and i'm sure that it is my domain, so that i can pay the seller.
now after over 1 day enom takes MY new domain and gives it back to the old owner.
is that legit? either enom would have to make it up to the old one who lost the stolen domain, or enom has to make it up to me, since i OWNED the domains.

why should i trust that registrar any longer, if he can simply go into my account and remove domains out of it?

thanks,
jens
What's to explain? stolen is stolen.

eNom acted correctly on behalf of the real owner and got his domain back. Wouldn't you want that to happen if your domains were stolen?

DomainBuyer2007

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has the guy contacted the Mods yet? This a clear case (as per Enom's notification) and that the guy should be banned.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm in a similar position. One of my domains disappeared out of my account. Enom swears I pushed it to someone else. Nope. Not a chance. They won't respond anymore.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks to all for your help so far.
looks like there's nothing i can do.
but i have one more question.
since i'm from germany i don't know the US law.

thanks,
jens

As a longshot, you could try emailing the Financial Services Authority (FSA) in the UK who are the body that oversees all financial companies such as Moneybookers .There are some very strict rules set by FSA and maybe, just maybe, you could do something with them as regards the receiver of the money ?.

DG

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's terrible. Aren't you supposed to get an email when a push happens at Enom?

krossat

Rohan
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It was my dnf account that he hacked into and I do not own rgbs.com

Do u own ELO.net and GAP.net; coz someones been negotiating with me over the pm on these names from your account; proposing the payment mode to be either escrow or money bookers (preferred as mentioned) :upset:

When i went ahead and checked they both belong to the same guy, and the pages come up with some goverment affiliated company doing paperwork / ecom for clients with the govt?

If it wasnt you, this thread saved me some serious $$$

stain79

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sure stolen is stolen. and good for the real owner that he got his domains back.

but i BOUGHT those domains, and enom pushed them into my account. do i have to wait some weeks to make sure that i really own the domains?! don't think that would work.
and that's why i'm thinking that enom should make something up to me imo.

malmar2

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
and that's why i'm thinking that enom should make something up to me imo.
I'm sure eNom sympathize with your situation, but they didn't sell you the domain.

eNom are providing an administrative platform for account holders to manage their domains, not an escrow service.

Clearly eNom are going to have a system for recovering domains pushed to the wrong account - they must get pushes to the wrong account all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom