Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Bought via PM "stolen" Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

dominator

Corporate Design, Naming & Branding
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm sure eNom sympathize with your situation, but they didn't sell you the domain.

eNom are providing an administrative platform for account holders to manage their domains, not an escrow service.

Clearly eNom are going to have a system for recovering domains pushed to the wrong account - they must get pushes to the wrong account all the time.

nobody is talking about the escrow service
this platform allowed the domains to be stolen

push to a wrong account can happen
but with 3 domain?
and it remained undiscovered for more than 7 days?

Domain Summit 2024

slimpickins

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
it didnt go undiscovered for 7 days, at least not in my case. i have been in contact with enom AND the 'original' owner, and apparently the scammer only accessed the account, changed the whois info and then pushed directly from the original account to mine. also why enom apparently did not feel so obligated to bring the 'return push' to my attention. hurt my feelings, made me feel as if they assumed i had scammed them myself, but that has been cleared up, and actually i might end up buying one of the names from the original owner still! enom has apologized for not giving quality customer support to both sides, and has offered to contact moneybookers and validate my claim of fraud. doubt it will get my moneyback, but hopefully at least helps MB take my support ticket seriously that they need to monitor and freeze this persons account ASAP! sp

malmar2

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
and it remained undiscovered for more than 7 days?
If I buy a Goya from someone, how many days do you think the Prado have got to discover it's missing before I can say it's mine?
this platform allowed the domains to be stolen
You can't blame the eNom platform for someone getting their email/password compromised.

dominator

Corporate Design, Naming & Branding
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it didnt go undiscovered for 7 days, at least not in my case. i have been in contact with enom AND the 'original' owner, and apparently the scammer only accessed the account, changed the whois info and then pushed directly from the original account to mine. also why enom apparently did not feel so obligated to bring the 'return push' to my attention. hurt my feelings, made me feel as if they assumed i had scammed them myself, but that has been cleared up, and actually i might end up buying one of the names from the original owner still! enom has apologized for not giving quality customer support to both sides, and has offered to contact moneybookers and validate my claim of fraud. doubt it will get my moneyback, but hopefully at least helps MB take my support ticket seriously that they need to monitor and freeze this persons account ASAP! sp

moneybookers is in the uk, you are in germany
maybe you can use some german/eu law to get at least the identity of the thief

If I buy a Goya from someone, how many days do you think the Prado have got to discover it's missing before I can say it's mine?

You can't blame the eNom platform for someone getting their email/password compromised.

i don't know the details, so i don't blame anyone

if i can afford goya, then i can afford experts that can verify if is really goya and who is the owner

poulos

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sure stolen is stolen. and good for the real owner that he got his domains back.

but i BOUGHT those domains, and enom pushed them into my account. do i have to wait some weeks to make sure that i really own the domains?! don't think that would work.
and that's why i'm thinking that enom should make something up to me imo.

jens , In this biz this happens , if your buying these domains for that cheap, something is up,and enom owns nothing to you,You got hustled,,
take the loss and learn from it,

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can`t believe people here now advicing to use PayPal.

We have had tons of people scammed because of PayPal chargebacks and I quitted using it and now I use MoneyBookers.

THe problem is that if people don`t know how to deal in the industry it`s not MoneyBookers or PayPal the real issue but...people.

And, to MEDIAHOUND regarding the VERIFIED thing:

I never bothered doing this before because of the $5.....to me was simply a way DNF would charge us more money.

Now, I visited the link you provided and it says about DNF$ so I suppose its old stuff or is it still correct?

1) Please send a payment of $5.00 US through the payment links provided by us through
2checkout.com or your verified paypal.com account. You will be given the $5 back in dnf$

Thanks

stain79

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hi everybody.
today i received a mail from moneybookers. they finally were able to cancel the transaction and refund my money ;););)
thanks all for your help and for your time on this issue ;)

BR,
jens

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats! From reading their policies you must have been lucky. Did they say why the funds were refunded? Can you tell others what steps you took with MoneyBookers in order to receive a refund?

stain79

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well, i really didn't do anything.
they asked me how that has happend, and i simply copied this thread into my reply, so they could see that i was not the only one.
after some weeks now i got the refund.
maybe it is cause i used my german bank account, and refund options are different than in the us, or i don't know.
hope everybody else gets its money back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators