• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed BoyntonBeach.info

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 70408
  • Start date Start date
This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 70408

Guest
Anyone have thoughts on the value of BoyntonBeach.info? Boynton Beach is a wealthy city in Southern Florida.

I just acquired this name today and am awaiting an account change from Enom.

Thanks!
 
Elliot - .infos seem to have cooled off quite a bit... Right now I'd say prob a couple of hundred tops... when the market picks up hopefully low $X,XXX
 
Steve, I think it's worth more as it is a medium sized city in Florida with a tremendous amount of wealth.

PS, it is a Page Rank 3 :-)
 
well keep it parked and watch PR go to 0 :) I am never buying domains based on PR maybe I was wrong... $750 then is my new appraisal
 
well keep it parked and watch PR go to 0 :) I am never buying domains based on PR maybe I was wrong... $750 then is my new appraisal
Neither do I - nor do I sell them based on PR. Just pointing it out. I don't like to sell/buy names based on things out of my control.

Any other opinions?
 
well keep it parked and watch PR go to 0 :) I am never buying domains based on PR maybe I was wrong... $750 then is my new appraisal

Excellent name -- but then again, I was the seller :)

One note on PR: While there is a lot of debate on what it "really" means, one thing I do know from experience is that a name that currently has PR will visit your site sooner and index your new content MUCH faster than one with no PR or freshly registered... sometimes months faster. And when you look at the value of being indexed and bringing new visitors to your site quicker, it' often worth more than the price you paid for the domain name.

Keep PR is always a crap-shoot, but when I see a name suddenly drop to 0 it usually means one to these:
1) the owner changed DNS and pointed it to a non-responsive DNS server
2) the owner changed DNS and pointed it to a known parking service
3) the owner took down all content and put up a 'coming soon'
4) the name went through a 'drop' and create date was reset

I know that Bruce Clay and some of the other SEO biggies think that registrar transfers hurt your PR, but I'm not sure about that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom