• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Budapest (dot) net

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinturicchio

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2005
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Hello friends,

anyone have any thoughts or idea of a price for this name?

- 12 years old domain
- capital city of Hungary
- top travel destination in Europe
- 99,800,000 search results in Google
- average search volume on Google Keyword Tool 5,000,000 (7,480,000 in November)

thank you,
Andy
 
Reseller Value: $5000+

Good news is, the .com is developed. Which adds value to your domain :)

Good Luck
 
Where I've see that avatar before? :D
Mid - high x,xxx
 
I was flying just over Baghdad when you won this name, otherwise I would have given a hard time for you... Low xx,xxx$ imho.
 
Thank you guys. We are already working on development, so I hope mid x,xxx will be monthly revenue. :-)

Where I've see that avatar before? :D
Mid - high x,xxx

In Bada Bing probably ;)

I was flying just over Baghdad when you won this name, otherwise I would have given a hard time for you... Low xx,xxx$ imho.

Thank you for appraisal.

I was lucky then. You flew in F-15? :)
 
Nice domain, worth at least upper x,xxx I would say.
 
Very nice.

As a domain, I would put it in the $15K-$25K range.

As a developed site, could potentially be a gem just in affiliate linking and monitizing. The potential would be there to get back whatever you have put into it in less than a year. Eastern Europe is really opening up and becoming quite the travel and vacation mecca. Some of the best bargains are there for travel, hotels, tourism, and even land and real estate speculators.

I could easily see this site getting inquiries from other sites to advertise (pay, of course) to be part of this site.

I think it is really hard to properly appraise a domain or even a site given the global economy. I think many of us are still valuating and looking at domain from a 2006 and 2007 mindset.

As a nicely developed site you could easily name your price. Especially being a capital and very historical city like Budapest.
 
I recall vienna and lisbon .net sold for 15k-17k, so I think this is similar.. minus the recession and economical crisis :)

P.S. pm if you decide to sell
 
minus the recession and economical crisis :)

P.S. pm if you decide to sell

lol, minus the recession and economical crisis gives me 45 bucks...

Thank you Michael, will let you know if I decide to sell. Prefer development right now. Actually I already booked flight to Budapest for Friday. They say there are most beautiful girls in Budapest, so let see. :)

Very nice.

As a domain, I would put it in the $15K-$25K range.

As a developed site, could potentially be a gem just in affiliate linking and monitizing. The potential would be there to get back whatever you have put into it in less than a year. Eastern Europe is really opening up and becoming quite the travel and vacation mecca. Some of the best bargains are there for travel, hotels, tourism, and even land and real estate speculators.

I could easily see this site getting inquiries from other sites to advertise (pay, of course) to be part of this site.

I think it is really hard to properly appraise a domain or even a site given the global economy. I think many of us are still valuating and looking at domain from a 2006 and 2007 mindset.

As a nicely developed site you could easily name your price. Especially being a capital and very historical city like Budapest.

Thanks man. We will do our best with development and see what´s gonna happen.
 
They say there are most beautiful girls in Budapest, so let see. :)
Um...yes, this is true :lol:

I intentionally left this out.

Be forewarned that the sex trade is huge there and controlled by the Russian Mafia. There is a serious issue with prostitution, forced prostitution, and even abductions. This has become a huge industry combining drugs and prostitutes, especially heroin. Teen girls as young as 14 (and younger as in 11 and 12) are lured and hooked and available for sale.
 
I've been to Budapest, big city, nice historic buildings, Danube River (which has cruises on it now), a great travel location.
 
Um...yes, this is true :lol:

I intentionally left this out.

Be forewarned that the sex trade is huge there and controlled by the Russian Mafia. There is a serious issue with prostitution, forced prostitution, and even abductions. This has become a huge industry combining drugs and prostitutes, especially heroin. Teen girls as young as 14 (and younger as in 11 and 12) are lured and hooked and available for sale.

I am afraid this is problem for whole Eastern Europe :worried:

Thanks for warning, I will try to stay away from russian mobsters. :)
 
Dot Com woot? You surely not talking about Budapest, I live here. Girls for sale??? Pinturicchio, Vienna-Dubai Boeing 777, if you have some time we could meet up.
 
Last edited:
I've been to Budapest, big city, nice historic buildings, Danube River (which has cruises on it now), a great travel location.

Yeah right. I've been to almost every beautiful european city - Florence, Rome, Venezia, Paris, London, Vienna, Talinn, Riga, Barcelona, Belgrade, Budapest...

Budapest is definitely in my top 5. It still has this special bohemian atmosphere, like Prague used to few years ago.
 
Can we talk a second about the girls from Budapest? WOOOOW!!!
These girls are supersexy but be careful because that chicks want only the money :D
So don't fall in love with a girl from Budapest or you finish under a bridge.

Nice domain :)
 
I was there probably 13 years ago.
Was impressed with the culture and buildings, but nothing about girls.
Still have a clay-made flute or what not as sovenir.

Seems much have changed!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom