Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Bulkregister blocks Enom Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"2002-07-10 14:33:47

Enom Transfers

In our efforts to stem the industry problem of "domain slamming",
all transfer requests to Enom are currently being blocked. Domain
Registry of America, an Enom reseller, has recently been identified
as mailing deceptive domain renewal notices.

Please be cautious of any renewal notices that you receive through the
mail; BulkRegister renewal notices are sent solely via e-mail.

If you are planning on transferring your domains to Enom or an Enom reseller,
you must first contact our Support Team at support@bulkregister.com in order
to have your account enabled.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can assist you further. Thank you
again for choosing BulkRegister. "

Quoted from Bulkregister.com

To read this you have to Log into www.Bulkregister.com and its on the news page

Domain summit 2024

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
That's ridiculous! In their efforts to curtail domain "slamming" they conveniently refuse to transfer to their biggest competitor, who (I assume) probably accounts for the majority of all transfer requests. How magnanimous of BulkRegister! Helping clean up the industry while locking you into their own little world.

I assume that when you contact support, they'll try to "convince" you to stay with BR ... :laugh:

Lew

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with what Bulkregister is doing - enom is trying to deceptively steal domain registrations which is BS in my opinion.

I know of quite a few people who have unknowingly switched to enom and found out later on that they were deceived.

Don't know how you can not agree with what Bulk is doing - I think all registrars should do it.

They should get the authorities to deal with misleading/deceptive practices not use it as an excuse to treat ALL enom transactions as fraudulent.

I agree with namebox, they just want to stem the legitimate flow away from BR to enom - with enom resellers offering some of the most attractive deals and facilities out there.

VoxKeysGtr

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not all enom transfer requests are fraudulent. I have an enom account that I want to transfer all of my domains into for the sake of management ease, and I am having trouble doing so from Joker.com which has also initiated a domain name tranfer lockdown recently. I have been in touch with their support team, but it's like pulling teeth. Those sob's are slow. I really dislike Joker.com, and I plan on transferring all of my domains (48 of them) away from them as soon as possible (If they'll let me!)

Lew

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
While I have never tried enom, I immediately lose all confidence in any company that would use those practices.

If I owned Bulk - I sure would do the same. (hi Safe)

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by VoxKeysGtr
Not all enom transfer requests are fraudulent. I have an enom account that I want to transfer all of my domains into for the sake of management ease, and I am having trouble doing so from Joker.com which has also initiated a domain name tranfer lockdown recently. I have been in touch with their support team, but it's like pulling teeth. Those sob's are slow. I really dislike Joker.com, and I plan on transferring all of my domains (48 of them) away from them as soon as possible (If they'll let me!)

Joker.com claims that their domain transfer system is due to recent changes in German laws, which "protect" the consumer. From what I understand, however, you just initiate the transfer from within your Joker.com account, reply as the admin, etc., contact to confirm, and then you have a 10 day period in which to finish the transfer. Have you had trouble using this system? It seems simple enough (hopefully) ...

Lew: How is enom trying to "deceptively" encourage transfers? Personally, enom and its resellers seem to offer the lowest rates, along with some of the best feature sets in the industry. It seems that a comaparison of prices/features would be enough to induce most people to switch. I'm quite happy with them ... no problems so far ...

Lew

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NameBox - They are doing what Netsol does - they are sending out renewal notices that are, unless you are real familiar with the domain industry, very hard to tell that you are actually transferring the name to a new registrar.

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Lew - I'm afraid that I've only received the fake NetSol notices, and never any correspondence from enom. I was unaware that this was happening ..... are they sending letter mail or email notifications?

Lew

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Namebox - I haven't received anything either - I just know a few people who have gotten letters (regular mail) and actually transferred their names.

Momentum

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't know Domain Registry of America was an eNom reseller! I have received at least one hundred of the misleading domain renewal notices from them over the last year or so. Shame on eNom for allowing one of their resellers to engage in such tactics. Obviously eNom cannot see past the dollar signs and now it is coming back to bite them in the ass. BulkRegister may be a little extreme in blocking all eNom transfers (unless notified in advance) but you know if ICANN does nothing about the misleading renewal notices then I can definitely understand their position. Of course if BulkRegister is allowed to do it, then watch out, plenty of the other registrars will jump right on blocking transfers.

VoxKeysGtr

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NameBox

Joker.com claims that their domain transfer system is due to recent changes in German laws, which "protect" the consumer. From what I understand, however, you just initiate the transfer from within your Joker.com account, reply as the admin, etc., contact to confirm, and then you have a 10 day period in which to finish the transfer. Have you had trouble using this system? It seems simple enough (hopefully) ...

Yes, I have. I even get the email stating that the transfer has been initated and everything, but then nothing happens. I never hear from them again until I get an email from Enom stating that the transfer failed and was refused by the current registrar. Joker.com sux! i have tried it numerous times with different domains, and the result is always the same. I email Joker's support, and they tell me the same thing you just told me, and then I never hear from them again. :sad:

alldig

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I tried to transfer a domain name to Enom from BulkRegister two times! Both times the losing registrar (bulkreg) cancelled the transfer despite my approval...now i know why... :(

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Momentum
Wow, I didn't know Domain Registry of America was an eNom reseller! I have received at least one hundred of the misleading domain renewal notices from them over the last year or so. Shame on eNom for allowing one of their resellers to engage in such tactics. Obviously eNom cannot see past the dollar signs and now it is coming back to bite them in the ass. BulkRegister may be a little extreme in blocking all eNom transfers (unless notified in advance) but you know if ICANN does nothing about the misleading renewal notices then I can definitely understand their position. Of course if BulkRegister is allowed to do it, then watch out, plenty of the other registrars will jump right on blocking transfers.

I don't think that this is an exclusive eNom issue. Many scamsters have tried variations of this renewal letter approach, including a Canadian company that was fined $300K + after an FBI investigation. Most often, they used NetSol as the registrar of choice! As an end user, I think eNom offers the most value for the dollar.

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bulkregister has been very proactive in protecting its users. I have used them for over 2 years with no problems at all.

I've made transfers in and out and the only place that has given me any problem was netsol....refusing transfers for no reason and my having to resubmit numerous times before it went through.

Maybe if companies didn't use these deceptive business practices, they wouldn't cause all these inconvienances for their customers??

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lew
I agree with what Bulkregister is doing - enom is trying to deceptively steal domain registrations which is BS in my opinion.

I know of quite a few people who have unknowingly switched to enom and found out later on that they were deceived.

Don't know how you can not agree with what Bulk is doing - I think all registrars should do it.

I'm new to this thing and am not too sure about the technical side of things - but isn't it the case that the RESELLER who's being deceptive and NOT Enom. just what i understood from what i read....

Lew

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So if you steal for me without me asking and I know you are stealing and I keep the stuff and I keep paying you for the stolen merchandise - I am not doing anything wrong? (not an exact analogy but it's pretty close)

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Lew: I think that you are being overly harsh on eNom. A scammer can send out 10,000's of letters or 100,000's of emails, and quickly transact transfers, etc., without eNom being informed by aggrieved parties. Further, since you haven't received or seen any of these invoices, how can you comment on their wording, etc.

Many now have statements indicating that you are clearly transferring away to another registrar which may offer preferred rates, service, etc. Many companies would just simply pay the invoice, and receive the "benefit" of an additional year of registration.

The cases in which these scammers were convicted all revolved on the deceiptful practice of making it appear that your OWN registrar was contacting you to inform you of a pending renewal. If the spam indicates that it is an opportunity to TRANSFER away from your current registrar, nothing illegal in the solicitation.

In any event, I don't see why eNom should be blamed excessively. Why don't you post the content of these alleged scammers emails/letters for us to judge?

Lew

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I never said I haven't seen them - just haven't received them. But I stand corrected on that - I didn't realize that Domain Registry of America was affiliated with enom - if that is true - then I have received many notices from them.

Their letters have been around for a long time (at least 1-2 years) and their letters are very deceiving - so how long are we supposed to give them to correct their affiliates practices? For all I know, they could be encouraging this kind of behavior.

Seems shady to me - but what do I know - I am just a newbie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators