Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Aged Backlinks

bulkregister vs tucows - which is better and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

changejobs

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i heard some people say they like or hate bulkregister or tucows but no details .

does anybody have specific reasons not to use either registrar?

regards

IWA Meetup

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why would somebody HATE Tucows? I'm interested in learning more as well. ;)

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nameslave said:
Why would somebody HATE Tucows? I'm interested in learning more as well. ;)

Do not hate them but there are major negatives about Tucows for resellers, or large domainers who use their reseller acct to manage their portfolio:

1. Comparatively High Price = $10 wholesale
2. Few if any special pricing offers
3. Does not allow for some bulk operations, i.e. locks & some other functions such as bulk IP changes, contacts. etc.
4. Usage of 2 url control panels and 2 logins needed, for full functionality rather than 1.
5. Lack of free stuff, i.e. free forwarding, free masking, etc.
6. No free for-sale or under const pages
7. No reseller website. Must design your own.
8. Need to hire programmer to setup the software or make changes and upgrades.

I still maintain my OpenSRS reseller acct but am using my WildWest reseller acct a lot more as they are the best by a wide margin. As far as support goes, IMO, WW and Tucows are both very good overall. WildWest/GoDaddy is top-notch on the above 8 issues, no comparison to Tucows and others. Enom is also not as good as WW/GD on some issues, i.e. support and data base errors.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For the 2 control panels at OpenSRS, with 2 logins, I actually prefer that for extra security.

Bulk contact changes can be done easily if the domains are all in the same profile.

There's no need to hire a programmer to setup the OpenSRS software, as one can just use the Reseller Web Interface, without doing any of the Perl stuff.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For the 2 control panels at OpenSRS, with 2 logins, I actually prefer that for extra security.

**Too much extra work if managing zillions of domains, not sure if it really makes for better security, don't see why it would, I may be wrong of course.

Bulk contact changes can be done easily if the domains are all in the same profile.

**Are you sure. i.e. they tell me that bulk locking can not be done, and I asked many times over past several yrs?

There's no need to hire a programmer to setup the OpenSRS software, as one can just use the Reseller Web Interface, without doing any of the Perl stuff.

**I tried that but found it too complex to setup initially or upgrade, perhaps a geek will find it easier than me, or they improved it since I last looked at it. I needed to hire programmers to do it and it cost me several hundred dollars.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The OpenSRS Reseller Web Interface has nothing to setup -- it's entirely on the web, like eNom's web interface, etc. See:

https://rr-n1-tor.opensrs.net/resellers/

to login.

Bulk locking is supposedly coming soon, but bulk contact changes have been around since the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators