Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

BuyDomains.com list...

Status
Not open for further replies.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well
as Omni is already trying to sell the list on the reselling forum i think it would only be fair to give me the list for free as the whole thing was my idea,wasn't it?

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
MOD NOTE: MC, this forum doesn't need this sort of talk, you could have just told him that in a more mature manner, thanks.

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Takes 5 hours and some custom programming to do the trick.. :D

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
haha visual basic?
Man I took that course. I didnt think it had any internet use.
Therefore I slacked, and failed for the year.
All we use to do was build interfaces for tic-tac-toe games and caculators.

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Visual Basic with any institutions are tough... they don't seem to have a good enough guideline or something.. prefer self-learning - learn what you want, skip through the unnecessary stuff.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by MC Juice
On there site, they advertise to have 85,000 domains.
Either way, 8k or 85k...I am in agreement with you.
With that many domains, I am sure that at least one really good domain a day drops from there clutches.

[Edit]
Nevermind
[/EDIT]

I have knowledge of BuyDomains.com and have dealt with them for some time. Also, know about its Pres Michael Mann.

They have by far the best portfolio of names. Mostly popular 2 or 3 word phrase or product type of names, like for example names such as TradingSystems.com.

Very often when I do a Whois on a name I am interested in or try to get a SnapBack on it via SnapNames the owner is BuyDomains. It happens all the time.

Since they are a large accredited Registrar they have access to the expired list perhaps the day before others do. Several times I tried to grab names from expired lists within minutes of getting it but the name was taken 24-hrs earlier by BuyDomains.

I am also sure they monitor the zillions of names reg'd for their own clients and grab them for themselves before they are even allowed to expire. This insider track seems very unfair and should be stopped but who could stop them? I don't think ICANN really cares.

If this continues much longer BuyDomains.com will end up owning the vast majority of the 'good names' and dominate the resale market. They already appear to be doing that.

As to the value of the BuyDomains List, I think it is basically worthless as Michael Mann and his firm are very sharp. They only reg good expired names and watch their huge list carefully.

They monitor their names closely and its also all computerized by an expert programmer. Type in one of their names in your Browser and it goes to their for sale page, etc. I seriouslly doubt if they would ever let a good name expire from their grasp.

To those dot.org haters here I have also noticed they rarely grab .net names, taking the coms and orgs. I have seen many examples where they took the org but not the net, though both had expired. I again ran into that just the other day and decided to not reg the .net as BuyDomains owned both the com and org.

It would seem to be extremely unlikely any of their good names would ever drop from their list so I don't understand all this discussion in 2 threads about access to their list. :confused:

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Realnames:
I totally agree with you on that insider stuff;something that happens to me all the time as well.I always wondered how Buydomains.com is able to snap all the good drops when in fact they don't even have a snapback service they offer.Stuff like this is what annoys me most - and selfrightious ICANN doin nothing about it.Actually i think it should be illegal for Registrars to also reg names for themselves and to auction them like Verisign and register.com do through snapnames,namewinner and such.
I think the full Buydomains list of "their" names(a good portion of those names must be names of clients that have changed their nameservers to Buydomains servers)might be interesting though:First i don't think they are able to monitor their list in full,secondly don't forget a lot of names on that list are not theirs so chances are that some of their clients names get not renewed.

Originally posted by beatz
Well
as Omni is already trying to sell the list on the reselling forum i think it would only be fair to give me the list for free as the whole thing was my idea,wasn't it?

Be careful..

You are a minor.

And you are treading on some thin ice with passing out (either free.. or charging for this list)

Just letting you know, my opinion on this matter.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Be careful? Whatcha mean?

uncle

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I also don't think it's likely they would let any valuable name expire. buydomains.com is one of the major players and have actually been successful unlike many others

which doesn't mean I'm not gonna take a look at their list :)

Originally posted by beatz
Be careful? Whatcha mean?

Omni is who I was addressing that post to..
he's the one that has the list, and seeks to
either barter or sell.

I don't believe he has the authority to even
have that list.. lest sell or hand it out.

He's a minor.. and I'm just trying to caution him
about this.. it's a serious issue..

And, he sould not post such things in a public
forum..

That's all.. I'm just cautioning Omni..

Originally posted by RealNames

I have knowledge of BuyDomains.com and have dealt with them for some time. Also, know about its Pres Michael Mann.

They have by far the best portfolio of names. Mostly popular 2 or 3 word phrase or product type of names, like for example names such as TradingSystems.com.

Very often when I do a Whois on a name I am interested in or try to get a SnapBack on it via SnapNames the owner is BuyDomains. It happens all the time.

Since they are a large accredited Registrar they have access to the expired list perhaps the day before others do. Several times I tried to grab names from expired lists within minutes of getting it but the name was taken 24-hrs earlier by BuyDomains.

I am also sure they monitor the zillions of names reg'd for their own clients and grab them for themselves before they are even allowed to expire. This insider track seems very unfair and should be stopped but who could stop them? I don't think ICANN really cares.

If this continues much longer BuyDomains.com will end up owning the vast majority of the 'good names' and dominate the resale market. They already appear to be doing that.

As to the value of the BuyDomains List, I think it is basically worthless as Michael Mann and his firm are very sharp. They only reg good expired names and watch their huge list carefully.

They monitor their names closely and its also all computerized by an expert programmer. Type in one of their names in your Browser and it goes to their for sale page, etc. I seriouslly doubt if they would ever let a good name expire from their grasp.

To those dot.org haters here I have also noticed they rarely grab .net names, taking the coms and orgs. I have seen many examples where they took the org but not the net, though both had expired. I again ran into that just the other day and decided to not reg the .net as BuyDomains owned both the com and org.

It would seem to be extremely unlikely any of their good names would ever drop from their list so I don't understand all this discussion in 2 threads about access to their list. :confused:

GoodPost..

couple Q's...
first... BuyDomains is not an ACCREDITED REGISTAR..
(not that that matters... it's just the fact,that they are not..
it's not posted on their site that they are..
* and it appears they go through DomainDiscover,
which IS AN ICANN accredited Registar & offers discount wholesale pricing to their affiliate partners..
BuyDomains being one of them..
and this allows BuyDomains to grow what they have..
no problem with that..

but... what's interesting..
is if you reg. a name throughBuyDomains online..

Who would show as the 'Registar' in the Who is lookup?

* yes they have 'free pages' for 'sale' when someone keys into their browser a specific name which is in their data base.

it is my understanding.. this is one of their 'services' they offer to anyone who lists their names 4sale & transfers the DNS over to
BuyDomains..
and so, they prob. own their own server,
and can easily set up a one pager.. to link back to BuyDomains.

they have a nice program..

but they are not REGISTARS.. as far as i can discern..

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
>its a while since i last did anything with the zones, but back then they uncompressed to over 2gb.

Current the com zone rings in at around 2.3Gb uncompressed.

(Hi Safe!).

Anyone writing programs to process zone data using VisualBleerrkk needs to untie themselves from Bill's wallet, and learn PERL.

Hiya Drewbert

yeah perl is the better way to script for large files

also, if you just want a list of someones domains you can leave the zone compressed and use:

zcat com.zone.gz | grep "NS.SOMENAMESERVER.COM">outputfile.txt

and leave it to spit out a nice (copyright free) list.

when i reapplied for zone file access it only took 10 days for verisign to issue me a new password.

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by uncle
I also don't think it's likely they would let any valuable name expire. buydomains.com is one of the major players and have actually been successful unlike many others

which doesn't mean I'm not gonna take a look at their list :)

Actually I found a domain name that expired... Buydomains.com supposedly owned both the keyword1keyword2.com and the keyword1-keyword2.com but they let the keyword1-keyword2.com expire. Just checked, available for register.

Originally posted by Omni

Actually I found a domain name that expired... Buydomains.com supposedly owned both the keyword1keyword2.com and the keyword1-keyword2.com but they let the keyword1-keyword2.com expire. Just checked, available for register.

Omni,

Well I gues its depends on the domain, but hyphenated names generally have a far lower value than non hypenated (maybe 1/10th or less), so I could understand them letting the non hyphenated version go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom