Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Buydomains.com List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I collected the list of domain names buydomains.com own (see their website) and am wondering what value that list holds (maybe nothing :( ) Anyone interested in trading it for something?

PM me if you're interested :)

<Dan, jimb, Scott. Wasn't too sure where to post this. Feel free to move it anywhere you see more fit :)>

Domain summit 2024

could possibly be very valuable. ?? a) did you buy that list?
b) legalities? any? c) # count... how many listings? d) content data/details of a listing? ie: what 'member/client' data/details does the list include?
e) what format is it in? f) are you selling the list or swaping/bartering with the list?

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
a) no I did not buy the list, I got it off the website
b) not sure, but if it is illegal, I will NOT sell it or trade it and will retract from it totally
c) last count there were over 130000 I think (maybe it was 103000). There are repeats as well of course, so the # probably is probably more realistically 85000
d) not sure what you mean... it's a list of domain names. period.. :)
e) files are in txt format. Zipped from a few megs down to about 700kb
f) selling/bartering are both fine with me.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Omni,
as it's me who gave you the idea to rip such a list from buydomains.com,before making money with it you might wanna think about at least giving me the list for free...?:(
Damn.

Originally posted by beatz
Omni,
as it's me who gave you the idea to rip such a list from buydomains.com,before making money with it you might wanna think about at least giving me the list for free...?:(
Damn.
the best layed plans of mice & men... hmm why didn't you trap that list first?

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Cuz i don't know how to rip such a list - with what kind of software etc.

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah and I'll try to bulk whois it as well but no guarantees (beginner/intermediate programmer here...) and will put it in Access? (hopefully the file size wouldn't be too large) Or would you guys prefer it in the text file? Or html document?

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Or would you prefer an interface to bulk whois a list of domain names?

Omni,
Damn.

By signing as a PremierePartner with BuyDomains, which allows the partners to have access to the entire data base of names, and place search boxes on their website, the partner affiliate earns 10% commission on all domains sold through their BDom search box from their website.

Omni.. did you join as a premeire partner?

I believe that BuyDomains has an excellent affiliate & partner program in place. I'm going to place this on our

http:/www.AirfareAnywhere.com website.

Premeire partners need to have websites which corrolate to the domain industry (i beleive I'm correct.. and read that in the agreement)

Originally posted by Omni
I collected the list of domain names buydomains.com own (see their website) and am wondering what value that list holds (maybe nothing :( ) Anyone interested in trading it for something?

<Dan, jimb, Scott. Wasn't too sure where to post this. Feel free to move it anywhere you see more fit :)>

BuyDomains offers any domain owner to list their names for free & by category. According to their site, on average.. the quality names sell around $2K. Starting prices are $688 for a Quality Domain name, and the max is $10K.

I suggest all list their names there.
Wave their affiliate banner / or Premeire search box on your site

This way you earn not just from selling your own names,
but any name purchased which is direct link from your buyDomains banner or search box

Originally posted by Omni

IT Media
Internet.com

They are a 'premeire' partner of IT media.. exclusivity in the domain buying industry.

just fyi

Originally posted by snoopy
wanda,

its just a list of domains

and this list of names would make up for
a) all those which BuyDomains owns
as well as the listed names.. which individuals want to sell.

* the list is available online by category.

but to gain access to the whole data base, all one has to do
is sign for the premeire partner program. it looks like a good
plan.

and with their 'partner relations' with big forces online.. it
can only make sense for all to list their names there,
and sign for one of their affiliate programs.

you'll get more 'viewers' of your names.. 4sure

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The problem is...
to have your names listed there you can't just list them there;but you have to change your DNS servers to theirs.That's why they have so many names to offer;so there is no option to just list them there without changing dns servers.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And their "for sale" popup for your name kinda annoys and makes it look like your name is owned by them.

The problem is...
to have your names listed there you can't just list them there;but you have to change your DNS servers to theirs.That's why they have so many names to offer;so there is no option to just list them there without changing dns servers.

hmmmm
valid point.. i did not realize that..
Well.. that's not so bad.. if the names are just parked
somewhere anyways..

If BuyDomains is a host / server as well, then that makes for
EASY FAST DNS ownership changes too..

Are they a credited Registar?

I didn't see that they were from their front page.

i'm gonna go back & read more on them.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WandaMay

Well.. that's not so bad.. if the names are just parked
somewhere anyways..

Well the difference is they use a popup for your name and that's a)annoying and b) basically an adpopup with your name mentioned in the first quarter of the popup c)lookin like they own the name - it's not indicated that this name is not theirs but a clients one.
If you have your own for sale page then you can do it without popups,can add text and links and graphics and so on;their affiliate program might be a good one though.

BuyDomains partner/affiliates with DomainDiscover Registar (accredited by ICANN)
** DomainDiscover sits on Tierra.net servers

This is the affiliate commission break down from the
DomainDiscover.com website.

DomainDiscover charges $25 if you reg. from their site.

The affiliate partners can charge what they wish.. in accordance to the category they fall into, in regards to their 'wholesale' buy price.. as listed below..

Commission Schedule

Your commissions are based on the difference between the price that you set and our fees, which are based on the monthly volume of domain names that you register each month through your site.

Number of
domains
per month Our fee per year
domain registration
(.com .net .org)
10 $15.00
30 $14.00
300 $13.00
1000 $12.00

All affiliates offer .com, .net, .org, .tv, .ws, .biz, .info, .name, .cc, .bz and .nu TLDs unless you request otherwise. Please call or email if you would like a complete price list.

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No I didn't sign up for anything... so no I wouldn't be earning from anything - if I would would have just given the whole list free :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators