Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

BuyDomains secret revealed !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To clarify.
I edited the names just because i realized it's a mistake to post names i've sold in an open forum while (as i've sold them) they're not mine anymore.It's the new owners property and i could understand they would not like to have their names or the deals openly revealed and even mentioned as "crappy names".
Was very unprofessional from my side and i apologize.
And John - yeah the sales happened.
I'm just so not in the proof- game so i just don't do childish things like posting fake sales - no reason to do that period.

Domain summit 2024

Beatz,

I have not been to Germany, want to prove to me that Germany exist by giving me free plane tickets to Germany, huh?

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
goh, you freeloader you :razz:

I've been to Dusseldorf for business, great great place.

Stouch

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Posted by Miller Time:

And BD and UltSearch arent the only big players, I can think of 3 other prime ones.

I can think of 3 that have contributed to this thread :D

John, you may think that a lot of the people here are talking BS but you are arguing against some of the most respected in the game. If you wish to continue to beat your head against the wall to make you feel better than so be it. Unfortunately the bottom line is that those guys will still be ^^competing^^ against BD & Yun Ye whilst you are still arguing the toss.

I wouldnt mind betting that if the guy from Buy Domains is watching this thread he will he feeling quite bemused by all this.

Originally posted by Stouch

I can think of 3 that have contributed to this thread :D

Stouch, with names like open-plan.tv you are definitely not one of them.

By that logic, because ult and bd have some bizarre names too, they can't be big players either.

Stouch

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Stouch, with names like open-plan.tv you are definitely not one of them.

Congratulations on finding the first name I ever registered, I bet it wasnt too hard :D

Actually John I wasnt referring to myself, but I do know of 3 big players who have contributed to this thread. BTW I have moved on from those days, what stage are you at?

Just curious......

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stouch
I wouldnt mind betting that if the guy from Buy Domains is watching this thread he will he feeling quite bemused by all this.

He's not the only one watching :eek:

HOLLYWOOD NEWS FLASH!: All the fervent buzz over good domains, BuyDomains and Ultimate Search has prompted Clint Eastwood into filming a remake of his classic spaghetti Western. The title is to be shortened to ‘The GD, the BD and the Ultsearch’.

domainduck

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
‘The GD, the BD and the Ultsearch’.

lol

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Stouch

The fact is, Beatz, Cartoonz & GMartfin are all "ordinary guys

Ordinary?

Is that better than being called a tea leaf. :rolleyes:

There are a lot of domain speculators out there with great knowledge (they don't have time for this board)

Wrong. There are several of them here. Funny thing is they keep telling everybody it can be done and all the whiners keep arguing with them.

Ahh the IRONY

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by fizz

He's not the only one watching :eek:

HOLLYWOOD NEWS FLASH!: All the fervent buzz over good domains, BuyDomains and Ultimate Search has prompted Clint Eastwood into filming a remake of his classic spaghetti Western. The title is to be shortened to ‘The GD, the BD and the Ultsearch’.

Verisgn should try the same and make a remake of " for a few dollars more ", to show the desperation of getting its market share back :D

domainduck

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
for a few dollars more - LOL

you guyz quack me up!

quack

wohl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
“Sorry John, I'm not prepared to do that in an open forum just placate your skepticism. If Aactive is around, he can vouch that a name I sold May 30th this year for $3,200 was indeed "crappy" by any definition of the word.”

It’s a shame to hear that sort of thing, will only encourage more people reading this forum to try and rip people off for the maximum. It seems to be acceptable practice among big domain sellers to initially ask thousands of dollars for domains they wouldn’t even pay $100 for themselves.

Safesys has a standard, though personally designed, search page that makes it look to the uninformed that he has put a lot of effort into the domain. That of course helps to gain inflated prices. Though at least there is none of the spin you see on sites like buydomains and domaindeluxe which try to claim that domain prices are still rising.

My domains are all reasonable yet the average asking price is $400 on what I have left, and of course I’d usually settle for less. I’m sure I could ask for a few $k and occasionally strike gold but that’s not a game I enjoy playing.

Originally posted by wohl
“Sorry John, I'm not prepared to do that in an open forum just placate your skepticism. If Aactive is around, he can vouch that a name I sold May 30th this year for $3,200 was indeed "crappy" by any definition of the word.”

It’s a shame to hear that sort of thing, will only encourage more people reading this forum to try and rip people off for the maximum. It seems to be acceptable practice among big domain sellers to initially ask thousands of dollars for domains they wouldn’t even pay $100 for themselves.

Safesys has a standard, though personally designed, search page that makes it look to the uninformed that he has put a lot of effort into the domain. That of course helps to gain inflated prices. Though at least there is none of the spin you see on sites like buydomains and domaindeluxe which try to claim that domain prices are still rising.

That is sad.

Wohl, negotiating the best price where both parties are happy is not ripping them off - its called business. I find it odd when other people feel empowered to determine what is a fair and equitable price level for something they do not own that is used in a manner with which they may not be familiar.

Nobody is forcing them to buy the domain - its hardly a necessity in the same way food and water is.

Of course domain sellers ask more than they would pay for the domain, otherwise there would be no margin.

Maybe your own price level is more indicative of your name quality/negotiation ability moreso than any moral stance.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by safesys
Wohl, negotiating the best price where both parties are happy is not ripping them off - its called business. I find it odd when other people feel empowered to determine what is a fair and equitable price level for something they do not own that is used in a manner with which they may not be familiar.

Nobody is forcing them to buy the domain - its hardly a necessity in the same way food and water is.

Of course domain sellers ask more than they would pay for the domain, otherwise there would be no margin.

Maybe your own price level is more indicative of your name quality/negotiation ability moreso than any moral stance.

Great post safe. Who's to say what value is. It's all in the mind, and great salepeople know how to capitalise on that.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by safesys No John, I am telling people that non prime top tier domains can sell for good money. People should always have a reason why they register a domain. I don't sell names by accident - another example of a non prime sale was a 16 letter, 2 word .com that I sold 23rd June for $4,500. My being a moderator has zero bearing on my opinion or experience.

Safesys, you are one of the most successful sellers I have heard of. Please share your secrets with us as to exactly how you manage to sell your names for good prices, even though they may not be the best names? Thanks.

I choose domains that are descriptive or common to businesses. True, I have my fair share of rubbishy names too - but in the main the domains are ones *I'm* happy to use for their respective industry and so I just hope there are other people out there who think the same.

I sell passively and wait for buyers to come to me. When people approach me for a name, I tend to start negotiation at a minimum of $1,500 - usually quite bit more than that and see where we land.

I have a ppc se page that converts traffic into revenue, so I am not reliant on domain sales - that way I can afford to wait and pick and choose the deals rather than having to take any offer given.

I have a simple "for sale" graphic on the page as well to maximise interests even from those who may not contact the owner if the site is in use.

Thats it, no real secret.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by safesys I choose domains that are descriptive or common to businesses. True, I have my fair share of rubbishy names too - but in the main the domains are ones *I'm* happy to use for their respective industry and so I just hope there are other people out there who think the same.
I sell passively and wait for buyers to come to me. When people approach me for a name, I tend to start negotiation at a minimum of $1,500 - usually quite bit more than that and see where we land. I have a ppc se page that converts traffic into revenue, so I am not reliant on domain sales - that way I can afford to wait and pick and choose the deals rather than having to take any offer given. I have a simple "for sale" graphic on the page as well to maximise interests even from those who may not contact the owner if the site is in use. Thats it, no real secret.

What I mean by secrets are things like why or how the buyers come to you (especially since you are passive)? Do they simply type the name into their browser and see where it goes? Are your names type-in names?

Very importantly, as you gather from reading my posts I have never found a revenue program which really works. Would you nind sharing the name of the one that works for you? Thank you in advance. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators