Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld .ca forum restucturing - need input

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some great ideas here.

Thank you!

-=DCG=-

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IDEA: Make .ca sales just .ca names but have it display SIMULTANEOUSLY in a forum with all names for sale from every category?

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I am trying to figure ways to make the forum more organized and sometimes we need to add sections to do that.

On an aside, I am only personally interested in .com and .ca.

Others may be only interested in .mobi ;) who knows.

-=DCG=-

A .com-only forum is a great idea. I'm tired of going through .net's and .org's in the "domains for sale" section when I won't even consider buying names in such extensions.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A .com-only forum is a great idea. I'm tired of going through .net's and .org's in the "domains for sale" section when I won't even consider buying names in such extensions.

All I can say is you, DCG and many other members are really missing great opportunities with .org sites, which depending on the categories, i.e. health & disease plus a few others, can work as well or even better vs .com and certainly a lot better than .ca on average.

---------- Post added 02-23-2011 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 02-22-2011 at 11:59 PM ----------

On an aside, I am only personally interested in .com and .ca. -=DCG=-

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All I can say is you, DCG and many other members are really missing great opportunities with .org sites, which depending on the categories, i.e. health & disease plus a few others, can work as well or even better vs .com and certainly a lot better than .ca on average.

---------- Post added 02-23-2011 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 02-22-2011 at 11:59 PM ----------

I would certainly pick .org over .net any day of the week, but you can't deny that .com is peoples' first instinct, and as a result, it is what people will type in by reflex, which leads to more traffic, and inherently, better revenues.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Done,

You can access the new .ca section here http://www.dnforum.com/f612/ or you may access it from the front page by clicking this "Canadian Domain Names - .ca Domain Names - Canada Domains" on the Platinum menu.

Please feel free to request changes if necessary.

-=DCG=-

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On the outset, I think it looks great Adam although (LOL) I am sure some people are going to go "where the hell did the .ca section go?"

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like it, thanks.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you Adam. This might be proof that 'competition is good' since you have reacted swiftly to improve things, and it is a good start.

I think adding a 'Canada-related' all-TLD section would be useful, or allowing these to be placed with the current 'only .ca' sales section.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are quite a few Canadians over here. I wonder how much in percentage.

lionfish

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
On the outset, I think it looks great Adam although (LOL) I am sure some people are going to go "where the hell did the .ca section go?"

Namefox, you were in my head with that comment. I went to cc section and it's like, why is the .ca banned? :)

But now I must say this is much much better than before. Great job guys. Really great job.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Yep got me for a couple of moments. But it looks good. I too was tired of going to two different sections for the info on .ca

Good move!!!

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree...consolidation works well in this situation.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree...consolidation works well in this situation.

Now my chore is to figure out what other tld or cctld I can do it with as well.

.ca was an easy choice as it has lots of action here.

The rest, not so easy.

-=DCG=-

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
more different subforums may require more time to manage. You can just wait and see how it works out with .ca. I think it works out great so far, I really wanted to login sometimes and stay with Canadian content only. There are so many domains for sale and so many discussions on the forum, it is good to see .ca separated

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
more different subforums may require more time to manage. You can just wait and see how it works out with .ca.

If we organize by cctld or tld, it will cut out a bunch of those dumb ones that say fixed offer above, fixed over below, and so on.

Will be much better organized without about 10-12 domain sales sections with all kinds of tld's.

But I will wait a bit.

-=DCG=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators