Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld .ca forum restucturing - need input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a client that wants to buy .ru (russia) premium domains. I am checking the section for .ru regularly, but there are no listings in there. Maybe these can be grouped into "other extensions" section, and see what happens to it. If this section starts to grow you can subdivide it later on.

Domain summit 2024

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a client that wants to buy .ru (russia) premium domains. I am checking the section for .ru regularly, but there are no listings in there. Maybe these can be grouped into "other extensions" section, and see what happens to it. If this section starts to grow you can subdivide it later on.

Yea, that sounds reasonable.

I am just tired of 10-12 for sale sections and some that have sections have no traffic and don't deserve sections like .tel , about 10 posts in the last year.

-=DCG=-

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yea, that sounds reasonable.

I am just tired of 10-12 for sale sections and some that have sections have no traffic and don't deserve sections like .tel , about 10 posts in the last year.

-=DCG=-

so, I guess you will be very surprised if somebody will approach you to buy a sticky post in the .tel subsection :)

thebutler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Possible to add the following.

.ca developed websites for sale

Just wondering if people would be interested in that? I was actually thinking of listing a .ca website that I own for sale but I'm not sure if other folks would be interested in another .ca subsection.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Possible to add the following.

.ca developed websites for sale

Just wondering if people would be interested in that? I was actually thinking of listing a .ca website that I own for sale but I'm not sure if other folks would be interested in another .ca subsection.

I really like this idea Adam. Having a developed website section would be great.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry Adam...sent you a PM about this but didn't realize this thread was here...

I think it might be good to have a Names Wanted section for the .ca section as well....making sure they are stating their budget/range as is required in the other Names Wanted section here.

Also... like msn I would like to see a section for Canadian oriented/theme names that are not .ca but Canadian related and obviously of interest to Canadians. eg... VictoriaBakery.xxx...TorontoSchools.xxxx etc.

Cheers

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So to be clear,

The group wants the following sectiosn added:

Canadian Geo Domains - Any Extension
.ca Developed Websites for Sale
.ca Adult Domains
.ca Auctions

Let me know,

-=DCG=-

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Adult yes. Just to keep some eyeballs from being offended. The rest seems like overkill.
A lot of subsections that I think would get very little action .

As long as it's OK to post the developed websites and geo and auctions in the For Sale section
you can distinguish them in the headline.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Adult yes. Just to keep some eyeballs from being offended. The rest seems like overkill.
A lot of subsections that I think would get very little action

I agree with this, if we split it up too much nothing will look busy.

-=DCG=-

thebutler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually I think their would be action in the developed website section than the adult section. I think the pool of .ca buyers who want adult names is more limited than people who want developed website owners. Long term more people are moving to developed .ca domains to make some money (ie minisites) than parking.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Definitely the developed websites for sale and auction section would work well.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually I think their would be action in the developed website section than the adult section. I think the pool of .ca buyers who want adult names is more limited than people who want developed website owners. Long term more people are moving to developed .ca domains to make some money (ie minisites) than parking.

You're probably right but sites like this have to consider the people who don't want their innocent little minds polluted by dirty domain names. :)
But people also want to be where the action is so the more you break down the forums and the less busy they are the less likely people are to post there. Even if they wanted to.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
<--- another for the website category

Beaker

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just a quick comment in case someone else hasn't already mentioned it:

Not sure if it's by design, but it's difficult to find .ca postings. When I search for ".ca" I always get "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." It would be nice to get taken to the .ca discussion forums instead.

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah thats one thing I like about the other major DN forum, you can search for *.ca and get a list of all .ca related threads. I think the rewrite solves a lot of that. I would like to +1 the .ca Wanted section proposal, if you look through the discussion section for .ca's previously people were using it for their wanted topics as it targets the readers better. Idealy would be best to have the topics posted in the main Wanted section and a mirror placed in a .ca wanted section.

To implement it would be fairly straight forward, on new post in the wanted section check the body and title for .ca match, if successful create a link topic in .ca Wanted section... could get tricky with people posting other extensions taken though

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just a quick comment in case someone else hasn't already mentioned it:

Not sure if it's by design, but it's difficult to find .ca postings. When I search for ".ca" I always get "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." It would be nice to get taken to the .ca discussion forums instead.

I think in the bb settings you can change the number of characters for a valid search. You used to be able to do the .ca search years ago but then it changed. I complained at the time but.....:noidea::whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators