Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

appraise carryout.com appraiisal

This thread is an appraisal of the domain name requested.

carryout

Level 1
Reaction score
domain name is carryout.com

Have owned this for a long time and done nothing with it. Interested in what it may be worth. Thanks

carryout

Level 1
Reaction score
bump.. can anyone give an opinion? Seems like it could be valuable, especially since its been registered since 1995.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

in all the years you've owned it, how many offers have you received and in what price range where the bids, if any?
also, does it get any type-in traffic?

these are things which help decide value.

still, it's a commonly used term and would be great for carry out food listings. maybe in the style of grub hub etc.

lot of buyers consider age, as a factor, so that's a plus

if.... an incoming inquiry came in, i'd ask low five figures

Good Luck!

imo...

carryout

Level 1
Reaction score
I've gotten many offers over the years, I've never tried actively selling it before. The highest I believe was $10,000 but that was a couple years ago. More recently got an offer for $7000. Would a cooperate entity be interested in purchasing if they even do that? (e.g. grubhub, ubereats, etc.) If so how would I go about getting their attention - I'd imagine I'd have to contact them.

carryout

Level 1
Reaction score
I have not done any analytics on it before so can't answer the typed-in traffic question.

Thank you for the response!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have not done any analytics on it before so can't answer the typed-in traffic question.

Thank you for the response!

if I were you, i'd have the domain parked at one of the services that also pays ppc

ie: uniregistry.com/ voodoo.com/ sedo.com, etc.

this way you can get stats and possibly earn some pay per click revenue while "waiting" for the right offer.

imo….

carryout

Level 1
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice.. as a few minutes research turned up not to expect much revenue through this means.. maybe $20-30 a month, is that accurate? I'm more interested in just getting a fair price for the domain. Are services like perfectdomain worth using? How does one go about actively selling a domain?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice.. as a few minutes research turned up not to expect much revenue through this means.. maybe $20-30 a month, is that accurate? I'm more interested in just getting a fair price for the domain. Are services like perfectdomain worth using? How does one go about actively selling a domain?

Hi

don't know how you can research how much the domain could earn per month, if it's not parked.
still, if the domain did earn $25 a month now, that's $300 per year.

had it been parked years ago, it "probably" could have been earning $300 a day, for all those years you've had it.

a domain that earns ppc revenue, has greater value than one that doesn't, within same category.
this also adds credence to any statistics and or traffic that you can claim, is inherent to the name

here's the deal:
unless you know your domain, then how can you assess what is a fair price, in exchange for it?

imo....

carryout

Level 1
Reaction score
Thank you for the informed reply. All your advice makes perfect sense and I agree. Obviously new to the Domaine buying and selling Market so unaware of these types details.

I figured a domain like carryout.com would be in demand based on it being two words that could be used by the types of a wide range of companies.

Now I see the name it's is not the only attractive quality.

Suggestions on how I should proceed?

Ideally I'd like to sell it for a lump sum in a timely manner but have no idea what domain broker is the best to use. Or if I should even use a.broker/auction service and contact possible interested parties directly.

Or should I forgo that and work on improving its value?

Thank you for all your help.

carryout

Level 1
Reaction score
. Or if I should even use a.broker/auction service and seek out parties that would possibly be interested.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom