• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed "ccTLDs.ca" Glossaries.ca, blogging domains

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bookworm SEO

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2006
Messages
125
Reaction score
0
I bought
ccTLDs.ca
Glossaries.ca (pretty pleased ... 1 word, dictionary, )
hirebloggers.com
blogflipping.com

What do you think they might be worth?
 
To be honest, not much. Don't really see any value at all. Now you know why they were available. Sorry.

Shaun
 
I disagree, but you're entitled to your opinions. Any other appraisals?
 
i have cctld.ca .... gets "0" attention in parking, "0" clicks. Although it is somewhat direct, it doesnt have value outside of anything informative without revenue potential. As for the others, I've let better drop in the last month or so. Glossaries can be used but has no marketable relevance unfortunately. You might find that most domain type names and tld type have little value unless they are at the height of premium. No middle of the road, it's eaither great, or it just sux.

For .ca you gotta stick with the public flavor of the month. Canadians are big on the www but don't hold the global demographics per/se.. more of a local flavor. With that said, if you were in the subway and said "cctld" nobody with a keyboard would know wtf your sayin'. Say Glossaries and people might mutter "Yah, so" But if you say shite like "BigTicket" or perhaps "Spotlight" or "Tunes" then your speakin the language.

I hold 4-5 hundred .ca, i love most of them. But the ones that earn revenue are the words and terms people use everyday for a fun, exciting, educational, financial, lifestyle.

When buying .ca, you gotta shake the global reseller crap outa your system first.

Good Luck BookWorm, je me souviens.

I'm from N.D.G. by the way (Walkley Ave. between Chester and Fielding) Livin in Ottawa now.
 
I have an excel sheet with thousands of dictionary words for .ca that are available and most are the root word not the plural. Stick to these and you will do better in the long run.
 
Wow, I just got two great lessons! Thanks a lot, Jack and Whitebark.

What are the odds I'd meet the owner of cctld.ca here? lol cool stuff! I bought it actually with the intent of selling to another domainer... I figured it would be a nice domain for a domain portfolio site.

For the others, I think you're right. Blogflipping I picked up with an eye towards my own blog (siteflip.biz) and perhaps a spinoff or what not. hirebloggers connects to jobs.problogger.net and performancing.com/exchange. I see it probably isn't a big deal though.

I really appreciate the friendly advice and all, seriously. I'm a CSL-er myself. What's up in Ottawa? Incidentally, La Presse just printed a thing on ottawa and the rideau in its travel section.

Whitebark, care to let me waste my money on those domains by passing along the excel file?

When buying .ca, you gotta shake the global reseller crap outa your system first.
good point. lesson learned (i think).

anyways, i've got a couple of car/automotive related .CAs in my sights ATM. any advice on those fields?
 
Rideau is overated... its all media BS trying to get ppl to visit and spend a small sum in droves (stimulate the local store owners who pay rent) .. the usual crap. Ottawa pales in comparison to Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver.
I'm in a rush to gtfo of this City, dumping my land and house and poof, ll be gone to Toronto again. I came to the museums here when I was a kid, im 40 now and they havent changed. That's how it is here.

A sandwich (Fries incl..) made in any small diner in MTL will blow away any 5 star restaurant main course in Ottawa.
 
anyways, i've got a couple of car/automotive related .CAs in my sights ATM. any advice on those fields?

Automotive does well for me... ive been watching one of them lately. The CTR kicks butt and the avg ppc is sweet. Even my pocktbike.ca does great. If it's got wheels it seems to do well thus far.
 
Sounds interesting ... if I PM you about one I found would you mind letting me know if it's worthwhile without reg'ing it? Also, how in the world do you get traffic to pocktbike.ca? Unless you mean pocketbike.ca, and that was a typo? Anyways, what'sa pocket bike?
 
Glossaries.ca is the only decent name there, in my opinion.


the plural really isn't as desired but i'm assuming it has been long ago taken so.

The rule of thumb I use for these ccTLD's is go for cash cow names. Glossaries.ca will not be one of them. However, if the .ca market is totally dry 3-4 years from now, this hame will then hold some value.

Until then, park it and see what you can get.


Jay
 
Yeah, I figured glossaries would be the best of the bunch. the singular was taken, so... I figure development could be a content site offering glossaries of various technical jargons. I even have a back-of-the-envelope business plan, if anyone wants to buy the domain: buy glossaries via paypal at the rate of 10 cents per explained word, with a minimum 25 words of explanation per glossarized word. so 2.50 for 25 words. support the whole thing with ads, and you've got a great site.
 
I bought
ccTLDs.ca
Glossaries.ca (pretty pleased ... 1 word, dictionary, )
hirebloggers.com
blogflipping.com

What do you think they might be worth?


Sorry but I also see little value in those.
 
Oh well... I'm going to keep glossaries but i'm surprised ccTLDs hasn't found interest here!
 
Sounds interesting ... if I PM you about one I found would you mind letting me know if it's worthwhile without reg'ing it? Also, how in the world do you get traffic to pocktbike.ca? Unless you mean pocketbike.ca, and that was a typo? Anyways, what'sa pocket bike?


I typo'd it. My domain isnt a typo.. Wireless keyboard is my excuse.

A pocket bike is a controversial mini bike. I made a quick ppc site out of it with some relevant pages if your interested in knowing more about them.

This is not a plug.. its a lazy link to the site


later.
 
Ah, alright, makes sense now. Off to pocketbike and enriching Kevin Farrell while satisfying my curiosity.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom