Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld CIRA's EPP Migration ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

fwdtech

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"Note: According to .CA registry, once you update registrant you can not change registrant again within 60 days. So You can not change registrant if domain has registered, transferred or registrant updated within last 60".

So, can you transfer from one registrant to another registrant at the same time as doing a registrar transfer?
(Eg. we have xxx.ca reg'd at sibername and need to transfer to a new registrant. Sibername isn't responding.
1. If we do a straight transfer to namespro, then the domain is frozen, right?
2. Can we do a RANT to RANT transfer with a simultaeous transfer to namespro ? )

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Posed on Byron's blog. http://blog.cira.ca/2010/10/the-itu-and-internet-governance/#comments

Would like to see his answer.

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how NP has it set up but yes technically it is possible to do a registrant to registrant transfer at the same time as the registrar transfer.

6sons

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So, can you transfer from one registrant to another registrant at the same time as doing a registrar transfer?
(Eg. we have xxx.ca reg'd at sibername and need to transfer to a new registrant. Sibername isn't responding.
1. If we do a straight transfer to namespro, then the domain is frozen, right?
2. Can we do a RANT to RANT transfer with a simultaeous transfer to namespro ?

Firstly what Liberator says about doing an account change at same time as Rar is consistant with what I have researched. As for doing a rar transfer and then having to wait 60 days to do a registrant update seems to be the case. I did a rar two days ago and I just tried to update the registrant name (just reversed my own company name) and it was blocked. One of the registrars I work with confirms that this is the case. Conclusion - this is unbelievable. It means that if you wanted to transfer a large number of domains to another registrar you would not be able to complete a sale on any of them for 60 days.

fwdtech

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Conclusion - this is unbelievable. It means that if you wanted to transfer a large number of domains to another registrar you would not be able to complete a sale on any of them for 60 days.

CIRA announces streamlined .CA registry system for improved customer experience

Ottawa, October 13, 2010 – It is now easier for Canadians to register and maintain their .CA domain names.
http://www.cira.ca/streamlined-ca-registry-system/

Siber's sytem for auth. code's seems to be functioning - with limitations.
Siber has never responded to a request for registRANT transfer.
I emailed the buyer the auth. code & told them to open an account at 10dollar - the whois shows the domain now registered there. I guess it worked - I received no advisory email from CIRA or anything.

I also renewed a domain at Siber - the renewal under their present system totally locks out any changes - including DNS for a renewal.

We also have a domain at a little registrar - can't get auth. code - can't get reply to emails. CIRA won't respond to complaints.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well my sale and transfer is in shambles. The new owner did a transfer to Godaddy of all places. He thinks that it is fully transfered but alas, the domain is still in my account at the original registrar. What a nice system we have here...at least the old system was more clear.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well my sale and transfer is in shambles. The new owner did a transfer to Godaddy of all places. He thinks that it is fully transfered but alas, the domain is still in my account at the original registrar. What a nice system we have here...at least the old system was more clear.

In the exact same situation. Godaddy it seems is completely unable at this time to process any rant transfers.

Only CIRA could take a bad system and make it much worse.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yup...not impressed. At the same time, I did suggest that we just do a rant transfer at my registrar then they could transfer it out when they wanted too but NOOOO...they wanted to transfer to Godaddy.

fwdtech

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not going to say
I told you so!

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to get auth codes from sibername as well, having a lot of trouble.

6sons

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have received all of my codes from Sibername within 24 hours of request. As mentioned earlier I have had success with "Eugene" in getting things done.

CanSpace

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's such an incredibly trivial matter to get an EPP code, I don't understand why it would take 24 hours. Ours are available online, but even if they weren't, I could log in to CIRA and get it in a matter of seconds. There's no excuse for registrars taking so long.

fwdtech

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ours are available online, but even if they weren't, I could log in to CIRA and get it in a matter of seconds.

This question would normally be ridiculous to pose, but given the mess that things are in, I'll ask:
Do registrars have access to ONLY the EPP's of domains registered with them, or can they access the EPP of any domain?

CanSpace

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Registrars only have access to EPP codes for domains registered with them.

Also we no longer have access to any additional information about domains NOT registered with us. In the past we had full access to WHOIS info for .ca domains even if they weren't registered with us.

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Registrars only have access to EPP codes for domains registered with them.

Also we no longer have access to any additional information about domains NOT registered with us. In the past we had full access to WHOIS info for .ca domains even if they weren't registered with us.

I see this as keeping the Registrants hostage with the Registrar they choose to deal with.

There is a positive side to this also, if this is 100% true. I wonder if that will be the case.

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Godaddy it seems is completely unable at this time to process any rant transfers.

Yup.

Had a sale that pre-dated the migration and GoDaddy never sent the RANT transfer requests. I've been on the new buyer and GoDaddy ever since (it's in his accout at GD, but still showing all my info)

Then, last week, out of the blue, GoDaddy sent me the auth code.

I've gone so far as to file a "wrong whois" complaint with Go Daddy. We'll see how that goes

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators