Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

cctld CIRA's EPP Migration ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The animals are running the farm now.

fwdtech

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It just doesn't end.

Siber didn't understand our transfer request, and made a change on our account & guess what?

Our private whois suddenly became public whois, without our consent, without our request, or without our knowledge, and no Notification Email from CIRA (they used to send a "Your registration information is now public).

This whole thing is absolute insanity - the .com system does not allow the registrars to monkey around with your account.

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MSN, Thanks for the info on my question.

Looks like it has become a real mess.. I would agree that .Com did not allow Registrars to have so much power over the accounts.. This is too much power and I would question this too.

CanSpace

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Also not mentioned is the public or private whois option has disappeared.

We made a change to the contact info on a public domain, and as a result, it was automatically changed to private.

Back to the registrar to make it public.

EVERYTHING has gone over to the control of the registrar.

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

One more gem on 10dollar's site:

"A domain transfer process may take 7-10 business days to complete.
The current Registrar of the domain can decline the transfer if you are in default of payment with them. "

Yup, none of this was done to benefit the registrars.

Interesting policy. According to CIRA registrars are not allowed to 'deny' transfers under any circumstance. In fact we have no way of doing so.... unless we refuse to remove a lock or provide the auth code - both of which registrars also are not allowed to do.

6sons

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Additionally, registrar transfers cannot occur within 60 days of the domain being registered, or within 60 days of the domain having just been transferred from another registrar.

That is my understanding also.

Here is what 10dollar.ca says about all that is encompassed in the 60 day rule:

"Note: According to .CA registry, once you update registrant you can not change registrant again within 60 days. So You can not change registrant if domain has registered, transferred or registrant updated within last 60".

With what they are saying even a change to the phone number on the record would prohibit any further change for 60 days. Or does this mean only the Registrant Name? Any comment? Thanks.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I sold a domain a few days back to an enduser. I sent them the EPP code, they initiated transfer with the recieving registrar and the domain was transferred. Is it that simple or am I missing something? I am not afraid of change but this system seems full of holes...

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I sold a domain a few days back to an enduser. I sent them the EPP code, they initiated transfer with the recieving registrar and the domain was transferred. Is it that simple or am I missing something? I am not afraid of change but this system seems full of holes...

Well I wish it was that easy for all of us! LOL

My deal is still in limbo waiting for registrars to get up to speed.

And I'm waving to you from across the street! ;)

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting policy. According to CIRA registrars are not allowed to 'deny' transfers under any circumstance. In fact we have no way of doing so.... unless we refuse to remove a lock or provide the auth code - both of which registrars also are not allowed to do.

What about a registrar proving the EPP code to someone other than the registrant? Webnames.ca says it is okay.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Got my deal done - transfer done with auth code alone - no email confirmation needed from the admin email account... not very safe imo.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Problem with E-mail based authorization is, a certain percentage of all E-mail is lost because it's wrongly flagged as spam etc :)

CanSpace

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What about a registrar proving the EPP code to someone other than the registrant? Webnames.ca says it is okay.

I would think that is definitely NOT allowed.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nightmare getting EPP codes from Sibername,

First it's a pain you have to login to each domain seperately, then I login and thgere is no codes.

Going through Sibername helpdesk is useless, they aren't giving me my EPP codes instead they are sending me in circles.

Very frustrating, I will probably never bid on another name there again if this is not resolved soon.

-=DCG=-

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was able to view the Auth. Code without contacting Sibername. You should give it a try right now.

Nightmare getting EPP codes from Sibername,

First it's a pain you have to login to each domain seperately, then I login and thgere is no codes.

Going through Sibername helpdesk is useless, they aren't giving me my EPP codes instead they are sending me in circles.

Very frustrating, I will probably never bid on another name there again if this is not resolved soon.

-=DCG=-

6sons

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is a button their for the auth code and it pops up in a new window. I agree about the indivividual login as being too cumbersome. For now they gave me the same password for each (contact "Eugene" but I have recommended to them that they require only one login to access all domains for management purposes. Right now you can only access all for renewals. Otherwise they are going to have a mass exodus.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was able to view the Auth. Code without contacting Sibername. You should give it a try right now.

Just tried, all say

Transfer Secret:

Nothing there,

-=DCG=-

6sons

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
- I just tried by clicking - auth code and then "click here to view.....over a secure..." and a window popped up with code in it.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I also initially had a problem with sibername's system but was able to get the code without their help. But I just logged in to double check and noticed the domain the buyer transferred away still shows in the sibername control panel - I can get the epp again if I want and also change the nameservers! :eek:

WTF!

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just tried by clicking - auth code and then "click here to view.....over a secure..." and a window popped up with code in it.

Yea, for me it pops up but there is no Transfer Secret, it's really a secret. ;(

-=DCG=-

fwdtech

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yea, for me it pops up but there is no Transfer Secret, it's really a secret. ;(

-=DCG=-

Is the domain "deleted" (past renewal date)?

One of ours is such, and will not generate the auth. code.
One that is not "deleted", we can get the code, but still do not have instructions of how to do a RANT transfer at sibername.

6sons

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Additionally, registrar transfers cannot occur within 60 days of the domain being registered, or within 60 days of the domain having just been transferred from another registrar.

Apparently (according to 10dollar.ca) I just found out this also applies to registrant updates - not the contact details just the registrant name itself - even to correct spelling I would take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators