Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

- City Portal Script -

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokopelli

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Have a look at cityguidesite.com - it's a hosted solution with a 15 day free trial. Afterwards, $5.95/month i.t.o. their current special. You might be able to build and flip the domain within the trial period :)

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
yea, i think too revolution themes looks nice

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Johnn -- I tried both of them. And both popped up a message "This site is trying to open one of your trusted sites." I had to click 4 times each to close the message.

I do like that Snellville one though. I wonder if it makes revenue for the city and who is responsible for content upkeep since they don't all look like feeds.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not sure. Just happened to me. Such has never happened before. It might be because Google is in my Trusted Sites list??

To be more specific, it says:

Current Site: http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com
Trusted Site: res://ieframe.dll

Do you want to allow this? Y or N

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

mgstudent

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a city portal script - Prefer PHP.
- Local news
- Business Directory listing
- Classified Ads
- Forums

vBulletin seems to be the strongest software, so you could base it off that, then add link directory software etc.

Take a look at UK city forums.
The forums are there, the classifieds are just as forums at the moment, there's a link for directory but nothing there at the moment. (it'll end up like London University directory just tidier when it's done)
The directory there is actually managed with Link Assistant (SEO and directory tool).

For business listings I'd really like to know how this (ukcities.co.uk) website has managed to integrate the listings. As you go into the city listings it says "Powered by askalix" but I'm interested the agreement they have and how the data is harvested in the first place?

Here is a nice example :cool:, no directory though:

Sierra-Leone.com

Yep the revolution theme is a nice one but I'm seeing it in so many places right now. I'm on the look out for something that looks professional that not every magazine wordpress site is using! There are nice ones out there some for half the price than the revolution themes that look better imo.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was looking through all the "City Portal" templates, like those at http://templates.entheosweb.com/City-Portal.asp and several other sites, but they all seem to be resellers. Anyone know the origin for these?

Also, most of these templates have screenshots, but no live demo anywhere. And I can't find where one would put Google ads on them. Thoughts?

llizards

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am using Drupal to create my Kansas Community Site. Forums, Blogs, Business Directory and more coming soon.

ebuzconsultant

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks..

Thanks for your suggestion..

i have Just started the Project. lots of things need to be done.hopefully in a weeks time, i will be able to make site live...

well done

try to get rif od the green backround and put a lighter one
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators