• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed clap(.com) My first great name!

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

melmunch

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2007
Messages
316
Reaction score
0
clap(.)com
After months of reading through old threads, learning what I can about the industry, and searching high and low, I finally landed a nice name! Needless to say, I am very excited. (Yes, I really do own it, no I did not take down the previous owners site yet)

There are decent google results, and overture numbers and even a small overture with extention, but of course, this name's value is based on the name and not on the traffic.

It is an excellent 4 letter word, a word that is used all the time and has a positive and uplifting meaning. It would be PERFECT for a social network or a gift site.

The brandability is obvious and undeniable!


I would love to hear some thoughts on it's value, both to resellers and end users, along with some development ideas.

Thanks for all your help.
 
Has good potential, and there are many ways you can develope this name. Mid-High x,xxx Reseller. Low-Mid xx,xxx End Buyer.
 
Just don't go around telling you got the clap (gonorrhea).
 
Yeah, I got to be careful with that! Any valuation thoughts, Acro?
 
I think the end user price could be mid xx,xxx.

Congrats on the great name.
 
congrat. You have a promising future .
 
Nice one if its not a secret what you payed for it?>
 
I wonder how/where and what yuo paid for

Nice name, mid xx,xxx
 
$10000 reseller price
 
Well I can say I have a rough guess of what you paid, I inquired about this name some weeks ago and was given the following reply from the seller ...

Hi,
For clap.com, I have actually an offer from Columbia (in $), another from sweden (in euro)
and a last one from France (in euro).
$ are cheap actually and change not very good.
I will surely sell it to one of you.
Let me know you're best offer.
Thanks.

I replied increasing the offer by $500 only as I was already in the $XXXX range. Ovt with extension , brandable and fairly common word/action. I would agree to aim for $10K give or take depending on the bidders mood :) Nice pick up, I guess you were one of those other offers.
 
Just don't go around telling you got the clap (gonorrhea).

LOL That was my first thought. Hope when the sale went through you didn't punch the air & shout " yes! i've got the clap! " LOL .. $XX,XXX LOW
 
Easy sale to a reseller : mid $,$$$ ; sky the limit to an end-user, as usual :)
Nice purchase.
 
A smart domainer in the making ... rather than jump in and start registering a bunch of worthless-4-word-domains.biz he/she actually did their research.

Nice name, congrats.

High $xxxx- lowish $xx,xxx
 
Great name! Bit of advice though...fix the whois info, it still points to the old owner.
 
Thats pretty funny JP, I got the exact same email, except instead of Columbia, it said Florida. (I happen to NOT be from colombia) As soon as I saw that, I also increased by $500, but I also changed my bid to Euros.

I paid mid x,xxx for it. I have already received offers exceeding 10k, and it is not listed for sale anywhere, so I am feeling quite relieved. I knew I had a good deal, but since it is my first big purchase, I was still nervous about possible things going wrong, or that I overpaid for it. I always knew I could, but now that I KNOW I could walk away today with double my money, it is a great feeling.

I would really like to thank everyone here on the forum, I have read through the archives and got good answers to my questions. You really opened my eyes to the opportunities that abound!

Jazz, I am not sure where you are looking at the whois, but it is changed when I check it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom