Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld current and future value of LLL.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

revolution1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
what do you think premium LLL.ca's are worth now and a year from now?

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Define 'premium' - as in real words? Or just good letters/acronym?

Cat, dog, buy, guy, gay etc Haven't seen any of these change hands publicly lately.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i just mean acronyms.

like dui.ca :approve:

as mastercard would say "priceless"

I personally wouldn't buy any unless it stood for something major. But then again I had a hard time when everyone wanted the LLL.com domains. I couldn't see the sense in it but now they seem to have tremendous liquidity despite the fact that I have seen very few actual sales to end users.

I guess it can't hurt to have a few but I wouldn't bet my portfolio on them. :undecided:

Valuation for most of them maybe $50 - $200.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
don't see them selling often, and don't see people in a rush to drop or get rid of them either. I think their day will come. Aside from words, letters like C, A, S are probably best, or the letters of provincial acronyms, like NBT, BCA, ONT. I say follow the trends in .com, because .ca will follow behind in time, like with LLL, NNN, L-L, N-N, etc.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, if you go to Bonfiredev.com, they are selling their lll.ca domains for 25,000 each so I guess valuation is in the eye of the holder.

revolution1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I saw that about Bonfire too namefox. I think that at this stage in the game they are out to lunch but who knows, unless it is premium like sin or something.

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.ca is limited in sales because of it's restrictions. You can see in the global marketplace that ccTLD's with restrictions are difficult to move because a non-resisdent is taking a risk simply by owning it. I don't claim to know allot about the .ca market, this is just from my reading.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I saw that about Bonfire too namefox. I think that at this stage in the game they are out to lunch but who knows, unless it is premium like sin or something.

One thing about Rob is he's one of the sharpest guys in this business. I would never say he's out to lunch. In sales you won't get it if you don't ask for it. Especially when there is no price list and want or need can drive the sale.

revolution1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In sales you won't get it if you don't ask for it. Especially when there is no price list and want or need can drive the sale.
Noted...however that is why some homes that are worth 500 000 and listed for 1 500 000 never sell or sit on the market for ages.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you're looking for that end user sale then 25k is usually not much to a big company. It's also a good starting point, maybe negotiate to 10, 15 or 20k and you are still way ahead. Like DW said if you don't ask then you don't get. If you are able to cover your reg fees every year, and have enough profit on top of that, then you are lucky enough to be a non-motivated seller, and able to wait for a motivated buyer.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
able to wait for a motivated buyer.

exactly

and if you go to his site you'll see at least 3 "sold" signs. Assuming they sold for 25k each that's 75k.

How many of you sold three domains for 75k this year???? Or ever sold a domain for 25k.

Probably not too many of us.

And btw this advice does not apply if I'm buying:lol:

revolution1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
exactly

and if you go to his site you'll see at least 3 "sold" signs. Assuming they sold for 25k each that's 75k.

How many of you sold three domains for 75k this year???? Or ever sold a domain for 25k.

Probably not too many of us.

And btw this advice does not apply if I'm buying:lol:

True. I guess you can't expect someone to hand you what you want without asking for it. I wonder if he got the 25k. And no I have never sold a name for that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom