Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

DDD.biz and FFF.biz - Offers Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadillac880

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The only rip off occured when DNP's high offer at the original close of the auction wasn't enough for the seller and not accepted. Then the auction was extended and the high offer was $50 at the closing of the auction and now the seller is no where to be found.

DNP had every right in the world to withdraw his bid when the rules changed.

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cool down guys.

Let just wait to see what jimbo has to say.
There is no need to fight - let jimbo sort things out with the bidders.

Peace.

- T -

drone.domains
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But if you wanted to withdraw your high bid, that's fine; a change of terms is a change of terms. You felt spited on the change and spited him right back - fair is fair.

Just an unfair auction with

fake kick off bid of 1K :?:
definite reserve price in mind :yes: for claimed to be "no reserve" auction
far-fetched ending time mess :eek:
comic unexpected ending...

Do not ask me why I withdrawn my bid...

dictionaryof

Longtime DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
and now the seller is no where to be found.

Oh yes, god forbid someone be offline for a few hours. :rolleyes:
You need to get over yourself. We don't all live attached to our computers.

As for the "extension", 60 minutes is not the end of the world. We've all seen extensions before and most of the time people are reasonable and show a little bit of understanding and comradery. If the high bidder had a problem with that and wanted to drop out, that is one thing; thinking you can then "swoop in" and steal because of it is something entirely different.

Plus, the assumption you can buy these two domains for $25 each when utter trash 3 letter .biz's are going for at least 3 times this right now in other threads is not just laughable, but disrespectful and quite literally, an attempt at theivery.

That's all from me, I'm pretty sure there's no getting through to you.

cadillac880

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I still don't get why the auction was extended to begin with?

Why his rules mean nothing anyway if the winning bid is to low to you.

He was in the thread at the close of the auction then disappeared.

Would you make it a point be be around for the end of your auction?

DNP has been here for two hours now I have delt with him in the past he is a stand up guy and I can see why he withdrew his bid.

- T -

drone.domains
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
He was in the thread at the close of the auction then disappeared.

Would you make it a point be be around for the end of your auction?

DNP has been here for two hours now I have delt with him in the past he is a stand up guy and I can see why he withdrew his bid.
Here is the only reason I'm in the thread to begin with...flat out lies about a fellow member.

Dajimbo: Last Online: Today 06:19 PM

I don't think that we can argue with this fact...vBulletin is incapable of lies. :undecided:

- T -

drone.domains
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its not a flat out lie it showed him in the thread at the end of the auction

Dajimbo: Last Online: Today 06:19 PM

I don't think that we can argue with this fact...vBulletin is incapable of lies.

Anyways, I'm really done with this thread now. Good luck to the mods cleaning this one up. :sigh2:

Namebrander

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
as far as i can see dnp was TOTALLY within his rights to withdraw his bid as he fairly considered his bid of $1200 to be the winning bid
Suddenly the goalposts were moved (ie the auction was extended) and he had every right to withdraw his offer/s
As dnp withdrew his offer I decided to withdraw my $1150 offer
primarily because I had bid it against dnps earlier $1100 offer
my intention was to possibly rejoin the auction dependant on any new bids placed etc

fundraiser

** Mr. Blonde **
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have never seen two people try to play a game of technicalities so zealously. However, to be really technical, here is my take.

DNP showed confusion over the end time after he had made the $1,200 bid and before he retracted it. That was at 5:08 in post 11.

OP comes in after 6pm and clarifies that it will be based on the forum clock but as that had not been clear, he places the end at an exact time and to be fair extended to 7pm as it was already past 6pm. When DNP retracted his bid, he essentially broke the contract because his bid was made even when he was unsure of the end time. Again, that was at 5:08pm. To go back and change it left the OP with an auction process based on a legitimate and binding bid by DNF. When that changed, so to did the auction.

If you want to continue to insist that the $50 bid was the last one, you would be wrong again because of the time stamps on the posts. The absolute last time-stamped post by the OP was his edit of the original post which was at 6:17pm and that post set the time the auction was over at 7pm. The one that said it was to end at 6:59pm has a time stamp of 6:16pm. Again, his last time stamped post says 7pm end time. So, no matter how you look at it, the $50 bid would not win as there was a higher one time stamped at 7pm and it doesn't matter because DNF voided the auction when he retracted his binding bid.

DNP is taking shots at the OP when it could just as easily be argued that he and cadillac880 could be working together on this. The point is that these things are often not so clear and to try to stick it to the OP after all these posts have been edited is ridiculous.

cadillac880

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok in answer to the PM`s I got about the closing time :

I should have clarified this and mentioned that I will be going off the Forum Clock.

Due to this I will extend the auction until 7pm EST Forum Clock time.

Last bid at 6:59PM will win the domains. Any Bid on and after 7.00PM will be void.

Bid Increments of $50 please.

I beg to differ but in this the last post by the OP it clearly states any bid on and after 7:00 pm will be VOID. Where do you see it saying something else after?

Thanks,

Joe

fundraiser

** Mr. Blonde **
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Two Premium Three Letter .biz domains :

DDD.BIZ And FFF.BIZ

Highest offer so far $1,200 by DNP for the pair.

Buy it Now is set at $7,000. This is for both DDD.biz and FFF.biz

No Reserve price, Will be accepting the highest bid for the two at 7PM EST using the Forum Clock.

Joe,
The one above has time-stamp on the edit of 6:17pm (you will have to look back at the bottom of the original post). The one your reference is time stamp of 6:16. I'm trying to point out that there are many technicalities and to be fair, this should just end as a thread / auction that certainly did not move forward as anyone intended.

Rob

afloat.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The "rules" he setup were based on the highest offer of $1,200.
If that was withdrawn, then the rules on which that was a based are clearly no longer valid.

I agree with this, and how about next time running the auction for at least 24hrs so those of us in different time zones can all play :yes:

dajimbo

** Mr. White **
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow that sure was a confusing auction wasn`t it !
911 views and 5 pages of posts. I guess thats what I get for catching some sleep and "expecting" everything to run smoothly. Lesson learnt.

Cadillac, unfortunately you won`t be getting the two for $50 as the original offer was $1000 by Tekz over PM which started the auction, which the price reverted back too when DNP very rightly withdrew his offer after I wrongly extended the auction by an hour due to the confusion over the auction rules.

Bottom line, the names sold to Tekz at the original starting price as no higher offers were made.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL
For all of the members pontificating on rules & he did this & he did that LOL
It started as an offer thread & turned in to an auction.
Which means it should have been in a different section with clear rules, to avoid such confusion.
Looks like this passed you all by & the mods.
Incidentally ,Dajimbo gets my vote as a good guy. Have bought from him before & he's a solid bloke. I'm sure he's as confused as everyone else. LOL
.Tekz is a veteran member too & he's the winner. You Americans love your conspiracy theories LOL :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom