Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

DDD.biz and FFF.biz - Offers Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

dictionaryof

Longtime DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Real Auctions = Ebay.
Makeshift Auctions = The offers forum

Domain summit 2024

cadillac880

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So far the seller has left the thread and will not contact me to discuss payment. I followed the rules of the auction exactly and bid accordingly. I won the auction and should be able to make payment on my domains at this time.

Joe

kwok

Verified Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Other offers withdrawn after the times; it's fair to assume the offers were intended to be higher than those withdrawn.

He should start another thread with more specific rules since people can't figure times out on their own.

Points taken... and if cadillac880 did indeed win this auction, congrats again and you totally deserve a good deal :yes:

cadillac880

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"it's fair to assume the offers were intended to be higher than those withdrawn."

However in any auction a withdrawn offer is a withdrawn offer, regardless of intent the highest offer would revert back to the previous offer in which there weren't any. $50 was the highest offer before 7:00 pm and the highest offer following the rules of the said auction.

Thanks,

Joe

- T -

drone.domains
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Joe, your bid of $50 is laughable and is completely and totally abusing the rules (I agree they are vague) of the seller. If he's had $xxxx offers for the pair in this auction already (whether or not they were rejected is irrelevant), why would he sell for $50?

Damnn...get a grip and be realistic please...

dictionaryof

Longtime DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
*chuckle* Well good luck with that. ;-)

Factually, when the seller posted, the high offer was $1,200. No one should assume he was willing to sell these for less than that. *shrug*

You can obviously read it however you want, but I think jimbo'd be crazy to give them away because others couldn't wait an extended hour based on what appeared to be some confusion on ending times.

But, he may indeed be crazy and you may indeed get lucky.

I usually don't chime in on such silliness, but found this all to be way beyond absurd and couldn't just ignore it. (** disclaimer: I've done a lot of business with Jimbo and he's always been a standup guy.)

cadillac880

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Egnited,

Then why bother to have an auction at all? How am I abusing the rules? Because the selling price isn't to your or his expectations? He doesn't have an offer of XXXX because they were all withdrawn. He should sell for $50 because he set up an auction and $50 was the final best offer and an offer following the rules he set up.

Thanks,

Joe

However, the high offer was withdrawn and no reference to that offer or a starting bid was made when the rules were set. The rules were simply the high bid in 50 increments before but not at 7:00 pm.

shopperx

BuyPokerDomains.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you want to protect your investment then dont use the words "No Reserve".

Just imagine i start selling a LLL.com here and every hour i extend the auction (people starts to withdraw their bids because of that) and then i choose to not sell because i suddenly have a reserve.

Honour your post.

dictionaryof

Longtime DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The "rules" he setup were based on the highest offer of $1,200.
If that was withdrawn, then the rules on which that was a based are clearly no longer valid.

cadillac880

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you shopperx

I am only looking to recieve the domains I won by having the high bid at the right time. Nothing more nothing less. I am not trying to obtain something that I didn't work for. I sat here for one hour followed the rules of the auction and just bid at the right time. Now I just want to make payment for my domain names and another hour has gone by.

Joe

- T -

drone.domains
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The fact is, I don't give a damn what these sell for...but as a fellow seller I think that you're being, well, to put it bluntly, obnoxious.

The seller clearly said that his high offer on the pair was "$1200" I believe, and he apparently wasn't ready to jump on that offer since he never accepted it, so why would he accept (or even look at) an obvious and shameless lowball offer of $50?

Namebrander

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
anyone ever heard of becketts waiting for godot?
everyone has said something except the thread starter

dictionaryof

Longtime DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree egnited. I don't give a damn either, but am appauled by the absurdity of it all. It's like a bad wreck and I can't look away. ;-)

Very well termed at "an obvious and shameless lowball offer".

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can obviously read it however you want, but I think jimbo'd be crazy to give them away because others couldn't wait an extended hour based on what appeared to be some confusion on ending times.

- Where the confusion? I have not seen any confusion posts before the real auction ending time - 6 PM EST
2 those who confused: Why you did not bump the thread showing your confusion to the public???

- Where the initial 1K bidder is? Speak up!

cadillac880

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok in answer to the PM`s I got about the closing time :

I should have clarified this and mentioned that I will be going off the Forum Clock.

Due to this I will extend the auction until 7pm EST Forum Clock time.

Last bid at 6:59PM will win the domains. Any Bid on and after 7.00PM will be void.

Bid Increments of $50 please.

There are the rules I followed when bidding, no reference to a starting point what so ever. My bid was in increments of $50 and the high bid before 7:00 pm This is not being obnoxious it is following the rules of the auction and hoping the seller would be a stand up guy. He has not even contacted me. He should have closed the auction at 6:00 pm and DNP should have won the auction. Instead he extended it an hour to clarify the rules, which I followed precisely now I am the obnoxious one that can't even get a return pm?

- T -

drone.domains
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Where you're wrong here is that the seller said that the current offer for the pair was $1200, with no reserve. Final bidder within the time limit wins. Ok, so you think you can win with a lower bid than the last bid? That makes no sense whatsoever. :eek:

And it doesn't matter if bids were withdrawn...if the seller wasn't ready to accept $1200, then what makes you think he is required to honor your lowball of $50? And who's to say that he doesn't have other bids near the $1200 mark? Hell I'd bet my ass that he's had offers over $50... :uhoh:

Anyways, I'm done here, I'm just trying to stand up for a DNF member that I respect...one who is being blamed of dishonesty. And guess what? He hasn't been online since 6:17! How can you expect him to contact you already?

dictionaryof

Longtime DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
While you're welcome to do what you did, IMHO, withdrawing a presently winning offer didn't make much sense.

Either:

A- the auction ends the hour later and your bid is still the one you had intended, in which case you get the names for the bid you intended.

B- the auction ends the hour later and someone has outbid you in the extra time alotted, thus not costing you any more than you had intended.

But if you wanted to withdraw your high bid, that's fine; a change of terms is a change of terms. You felt spited on the change and spited him right back - fair is fair.

but I just happen to feel that makes the rest of this thread invalid and certainly doesn't give someone the right to "steal" the names for $50 a pair. ;-)

cadillac880

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Because it was an auction. DNF is right if the auction ended at 6:00 pm and the seller honored his bid like he should have we would not have this mess. Instead he held out in hope for a higher bid and ended up with $50 and now he is gone and we all invested alot of time and engery in this. I think DNF is 100% correct.

Relationships

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$50 bid increments on what? What was the starting price? What was the current high offer when the rules changed and the "auction" extended?

Posts were edited and it's a mess to sort out...

dictionaryof

Longtime DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is not a mess; it is one obnoxious person trying to rip someone off. ;-) There is a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators