• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Democratic Party wants to buy my domains Dems2008.org & 2008dnc.org - Help Please

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think any of us valued it at 20~70K

yeah..he has gotten greedy now..it started with him being a democrat wanting to help the party win..now he is looking for the WMD.com appraisal thread in the forum, making up numbers for the first lady...telling us that no domain will be left behind and that the mission is accomplished with those evil Doer-mainers..
 
I would have asked $2k each. Seems your conscience has suddenly gotten lost when you typed out that letter.

For a guy that doesn't want another Republican in the house you sure do know how to help them.

Thanks from a GOPer.
 
Seems your conscience has suddenly gotten lost when you typed out that letter.

I wonder if the sudden involement of his better half had something to do with that..and the fact that a 3 carat diamond has going rate of about 20-70K
 
Markts,

If your intention is too give or donate the domains, then I would say your letter was appropriate.

On the flip side, if your in the domain business to make a profit, you need to maintain your business on a professional level, I think your letter to the DNC was way too personal, unprofessional and a complete embarrasment to all us domainers. The guy at the other end of that email could care less about what your policital views are, now that you told him, you can surely expect a low ball park figure.

I wish you all the luck selling them.

If there are any domocrats or liberals out there that want americanliberal.com, the price is $500,000 or $10,000 for Republicans.
 
I just saw on the news that it was just announced that the DNC Convention will take place in Denver.

I hope my domain DNCConvention.com will benefit from this announcement. RNCConvention.com seems to point to the official GOP Web site.

It's funny... I get emails all the time from people that think GOPC.com stands for GOP Convention. LOL!

Best of luck with the sale!

GoPC
 
So imo, they are gonna give you like 5k or so, I still felt warm and fuzzy from the letter, but I personally would have just started an escrow transaction for both domains using his email address at like 20k and crossed my fingers..you don't find yourself in a situation of this sorts often.

Or, I would have offered him a kickback of 20% of whatever max he could have paid you for them out of the campaign budget, (which is millions) this would have assured a huge windfall price. We know these politicians love kickbacks and behind the scenes money! :ok:

Remember, they all go home in their 740IL beamers and 500 CL Mercedes at the end of the day & could care less about the personal future wealth of another political a$$ kissing groupie cybersquatting on their campaign .com's illegaly. (no offense) I understand you relying on them being generous and it just might work out for you...I hope. BUT, nobody wants to spend money unnecessarily and I think you are assuming they throw money around like water when they really don't and in this case could easily take these domains away from you in a blink but just probably don't want the headache or they are assuming you will sell them very cheaply.
 
So imo, they are gonna give you like 5k or so, I still felt warm and fuzzy from the letter, but I personally would have just started an escrow transaction for both domains using his email address at like 20k and crossed my fingers..you don't find yourself in a situation of this sorts often.

Good advice. As it is now, you'll be lucky to get anything but a registered letter. I got rid of rnc.net because all they have to do is say they want it via udrp and it will be so.
 
I want to stress here, I totally understand what you did...you took the "I am a fellow human being" approach, which is exactly what I would have been compelled to do if I was into politics (I'm not) and my beloved Democratic party wanted the domains I had, the point you are missing is that either you (A.) be a dirt bag and milk them for all the money you can or (B.) Just give them the domains and ask for a hug. There is no (C.) option here...business is business, personal is personal. You know when you registered the domains (as you stated) you had bad faith intentions and hoped you could make a profit from them, so here it is in your lap and you ask them to determine a price? Bro, you better pray they even offer you a few k, it might be like $500 or something and they say thanks for helping your country. (which is'nt a bad thing to do, unless of course you actually wanted to make money) Either way, you seem like a very decent person and I'm suprised you would even be "squatting" on these names! Good job! :hippie:
 
I think this requires us to go to talkingpolitics.com


I couldn't help myself!
 
:hurries off to register future political names at GD:

:rolleyes: VERY nice name steve-o!

ps - almost forgot, good move putting the whois in the wifey's name! word up...and I love the santa claus outfit and janete.net :wink:
 
I think the person will be too busy to read your letter and skim down to where it says $20K - $70K.
 
From my exp they won't be willing to pay much. Believe it or not it they still aren't completly clued in to the value of direct navigation domains. I was getting mid ##,### hits everyday on my domain and hundreds of emails asking how to send contributions.

I didn't know anything about the domain business and the only reason I owned the domain was because it was my name :yes: . I decide that if they called looking to buy the domain I would sell for $5k. Long story short(er) they called me and for some reason I said I'd sell for 10k. They said thanks but no thanks :disappointed: . I thought that I had shot myself in the foot. I kicked myself for a couple of hours, and then I started to get a bunch of emails offering me anyware from $5k-15k.

One way or another I ended up with Sedo doing an auction that fell flat on it's a** but I earned mid $##,### in 160 from ppc and fell in love with a new business.

by the way the domain still earns a few bucks a month :D

good luck
Kerry
 
from his name, it is most like Johnkerry.com
 
I'm guessing its KerryEdwards.com
 
My dealings in the domain sale market have been filled with failures.

Your letter gives some clues as to why. I don't intend for this to sound meanspirited but you may learn some lessons from it. You gave away far to much information. You asked for a very high price but gave strong indications that they were your only likely buyer. You basically told the guy that you renewed with the sole intention of selling it to them.

You might have told a little fib along these lines:

"I registered these names with a couple of interesting political projects in mind. I was expecting to implement the projects over the next 12 months. However, I have seen increased interest in the domain from prospective buyers since November. I have not yet taken offers from any other parties. The DNC is the party I would be most interested in selling to, as your plans for the domains are more aligned with my political leanings. I have asked several in the domain industry to help me value the domains. The responses I have recieved range from a few thousand dollars to over $100,000 each. I am very interested in selling them to you if we come to an acceptable price. I would like to know what you are able to pay for them."
 
or simply...pay me 100k in gold bullion and diamonds or I point them both to the republican party website! muhahahahah :evil:
 
Yea Mocus has a pretty good idea that's what I would do now that I think about it.
 
How do you know the inquiry is from the democrats and not the GOP?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom