Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Detagged/Suspended UK names

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

detagged

Dear David,

Martin will no doubt be very pleased with you. I do think however that it was fairly obvious to most users that NameTrack was running a nice little tag team promotional affair on this forum. Nothing wrong with that, good luck to you. You were obviously the chief "impartial observer" but your unreserved praise for NameTrack was a little over the top.

To put together the longest post that I have ever seen, trying to pull apart my service is a slight overreaction from someone who has apparently no connection with the service.

I simply don't have the time to get into a slanging match with individuals like you. I only made factual comments about a competitor who has been going for a matter of weeks. The public will decide.

Some domains that we've picked up recently? Some pretty reasonable ones actually. NetSol.co.uk, oil.org.uk, mediocre.co.uk, SportsLine.co.uk, TheRightMove.co.uk, online-betting.co.uk, smoothound.co.uk, tictac.co.uk, romantica.co.uk are just a few.

As for your quite silly question as to how many names that we have been in competition with NameTrack for, how on earth would we know what domains they/you are monitoring? We've lost out on just two domain names this year that we were monitoring and neither were to NameTrack.

Chris Holland
www.detagged.co.uk

davidthornton

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by detagged
Dear David

Martin will no doubt be very pleased with you. I do think however that it was fairly obvious to most users that NameTrack was running a nice little tag team promotional affair on this forum. Nothing wrong with that, good luck to you. You were obviously the chief "impartial observer" but your unreserved praise for NameTrack was a little over the top.

I pointed out to you and everyone else that what you posted on here (and on your site) is blantantly designed to knock your new found competition. It's obvious, so please accept this. :) You don't like NameTrack because they're good at what they do and they're going to take the business you've pretty much had to yourself, on the quiet, for however long you've been doing it.

For your information I have not yet registered a name with NameTrack and I don't have any connection with them.

To put together the longest post that I have ever seen, trying to pull apart my service is a slight overreaction from someone who has apparently no connection with the service.

Well I don't. I have an account with them like a lot of people and I own one unused backorder subscription. Nothing else. :)

What I didn't like is what I saw in your first posting to this forum and also what I saw on your site. Please understand this (and I mean it honestly, without malice): your site looks unprofessional and blatantly says 'I cannot compete'; thus you are trying to dig at your competitors.

I simply don't have the time to get into a slanging match with individuals like you. I only made factual comments about a competitor who has been going for a matter of weeks. The public will decide.

You're right. They will. They already are. Those are facts. :) You've come on here and started a slanging match by slagging off legitmate competitors and not by simply saying something like 'Hey we offer a similar service. Try us out. Here are our past results'. That's what i'd do.

Why slag off your competitors who are obviously doing well? As I said previously you should compete with your results. Nothing else.

Some domains that we've picked up recently? Some pretty reasonable ones actually. NetSol.co.uk, oil.org.uk, mediocre.co.uk, SportsLine.co.uk, TheRightMove.co.uk, online-betting.co.uk, smoothound.co.uk, tictac.co.uk, romantica.co.uk are just a few.

Well I bet you didn't have any competition for any of those. I would say that they are 'mediocre.co.uk' by NameTrack's standards. (pardon the obvious pun) :) None of those are generic enough to impress me apart from 'betting.co.uk'. I don't care for .org.uk's either.

As for your quite silly question as to how many names that we have been in competition with NameTrack for, how on earth would we know what domains they/you are monitoring? We've lost out on just two domain names this year that we were monitoring and neither were to NameTrack.

Well all you've got to do is look at a list of all the names you were going for and then see who got them. If they were tagged to FOCUSDIGITAL, NameTrack got them. However you have to also be prepared to admit it when you lost out on a name.

I'll call you out on this. When 'air.co.uk' goes to suspend and then drops, let's see who gets it. You, CI (Commerce Internet, run by Corin Hartland-Swann) who oh so loves those 3 letter .co.uk's, NameTrack or others.

I'll also pick 'diary.co.uk' which is a word that is suspended, NameTracked and will drop soon. Again, let's see who gets it. Will you accept the challenge? My feeling is that you won't, for whatever reason. If you won't, don't expect any serious customers to come knocking on your door.

D

detagged

Dear David,

Let's cool things down a bit. There's more than enough testosterone pumping around in this World at the moment with things heating up between the US and Iraq.

I have received several emails from clients who have advised me that my post was inappropriate and I am always willing to listen to sensible advice. I wish to apologise for making things personal.

It is an excellent idea to see who bags air.co.uk and diary.co.uk, may the best man win!

Best regards,

Chris Holland
www.detagged.co.uk

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dear David,

Let's cool things down a bit. There's more than enough testosterone pumping around in this World at the moment with things heating up between the US and Iraq.

I have received several emails from clients who have advised me that my post was inappropriate and I am always willing to listen to sensible advice. I wish to apologise for making things personal.

It is an excellent idea to see who bags air.co.uk and diary.co.uk, may the best man win!

Best regards,

Chris Holland
www.detagged.co.uk

Okay.

I accept your apology. Hopefully others will overlook the last few posts too. :) I do suggest that you look at some of those pages on your site and make changes/remove them. :) I don't think they're going to give you any credibility with people who are posting on this forum. :)

I don't work for NameTrack, as I said previously, and wish you the best of luck in competing with them, CI and any others who go after expired UK names. I look forward to seeing your results, as I am sure others on this forum do too. If they like what they see, they'll likely come your way.

Also, good luck with those two names too! :)

D

detagged

I just wanted to mention that the "other domain monitoring companies" page was written well before I had even heard of NameTrack. I only added a few comments to recognise NameTrack when I heard of them a few weeks ago and in fact actually moderated some at the request of Martin. The reason that I didn't take all of them off was because of his refusal at reciprocity. He claims on his site that his service is the very first of its kind. Whatever your opinion of my site's design aesthetics, or the quality of its secured drops, there is no dispute that mine was first. I asked him to remove this claim and his excuse for not complying was "I wrote this before I had heard of you". For someone who claims to have spent 8 months in developing and researching this market it is an absurd claim to deny that he knew of our existence. Search on any major search engine for "detagged" or "detagged domains" and we are top or near the top of every single one. Search engine referrals and of course forum plugs are however a very small part of our traffic. Over 85% of people reach our site by just typing in www.detagged.co.uk

Most of the few publicly facing monitoring outfits out there are not in fact Nominet members. Detagged.co.uk and NameTrack.co.uk are the only two that I know of that are Nominet members and that accept subscriptions from the general public.

Commerce Internet is a major player, and as you say, he does love his three characters domains. inn.co.uk was one of the only two domains that we have lost out this year on and it was Commerce that bagged it. The other major player registering just on their own account is Michael Toth of Gooseberry. He is hoovering up one word domains at a fantastic rate. He recently beat us to our only other loss.

Domain Watcher was really the outfit that I was highlighting in the other outfits page. They have a very nicely designed site but virtually no chance of securing anything remotely decent.

We will be working on a less contentious competitor comparison page shortly and will be pleased to herald its arrival on this forum at that time.

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to mention that the "other domain monitoring companies" page was written well before I had even heard of NameTrack. I only added a few comments to recognise NameTrack when I heard of them a few weeks ago and in fact actually moderated some at the request of Martin. The reason that I didn't take all of them off was because of his refusal at reciprocity. He claims on his site that his service is the very first of its kind. Whatever your opinion of my site's design aesthetics, or the quality of its secured drops, there is no dispute that mine was first. I asked him to remove this claim and his excuse for not complying was "I wrote this before I had heard of you". For someone who claims to have spent 8 months in developing and researching this market it is an absurd claim to deny that he knew of our existence. Search on any major search engine for "detagged" or "detagged domains" and we are top or near the top of every single one. Search engine referrals and of course forum plugs are however a very small part of our traffic. Over 85% of people reach our site by just typing in www.detagged.co.uk

Most of the few publicly facing monitoring outfits out there are not in fact Nominet members. Detagged.co.uk and NameTrack.co.uk are the only two that I know of that are Nominet members and that accept subscriptions from the general public.

Commerce Internet is a major player, and as you say, he does love his three characters domains. inn.co.uk was one of the only two domains that we have lost out this year on and it was Commerce that bagged it. The other major player registering just on their own account is Michael Toth of Gooseberry. He is hoovering up one word domains at a fantastic rate. He recently beat us to our only other loss.

Domain Watcher was really the outfit that I was highlighting in the other outfits page. They have a very nicely designed site but virtually no chance of securing anything remotely decent.

We will be working on a less contentious competitor comparison page shortly and will be pleased to herald its arrival on this forum at that time.

Hi

I got the impression that those pages had indeed been in existance prior to the launch of NameTrack. As you say, they've been edited since then.

The technical difference that I understand exists between your service and Martin's is that Martin's is constantly checking for names to drop. However yours only seems to check once a day - you mention daily basis on your site. If this is correct, you're not going to beat NameTrack on any name thay are going for. :) This is why Martin explains that his service is the first of its kind. If, however, your service is technically similar to Martin's in the way that I have described (and doesn't just check once a day like I am led to believe, from the wording on your site) please say so and things can possibly be corrected by Martin.

You and I know very well why you get so many hits from typins and searches on the word 'detagged'. :)

People WHOIS a domain and see it's 'DETAGGED'. They don't know what that means so search for it on the net. Naturally your site, being called 'detagged.co.uk' pops up. In reality your site is nothing to do with the word 'DETAGGED' in the Nominet WHOIS. However those who don't know that (i.e. the masses) have no idea about this and possibly presume it is something to do with you. Whether you point out their confusion or ride on the back of it is unknown to me. :) Whichever you do, registering that domain name and offering the service you do was a very shrude business decision indeed. :) I am sure you know that only too well. :)

I know about CI, just as you do, and smile at how they go after every 3 letter .co.uk going. He (well I think it's just the one bloke who I mentioned previously) does pretty well. He also keeps himself to himself, which is a pity.

I've also heard of GOOSEBERRY and have seen them, as you say, 'hoover up' plenty of domain names.

I've not heard of Domain Watcher, but will look into it. However I'd expect more players to come along soon I am afraid. It's a natural progression from the recent publicity about the whole UK secondary market. Whether that's good or bad remains to be seen.

D

detagged

Just a quick one David because I think that we've probably taken up enough space on this forum already.

We get many enquiries every day from members of the public who ring up asking whether we are detagged? They do indeed think that there is a registrar out there called "Detagged". We explain how we specialize in detagged domain names and how they have found us because of anomally in the way the whois says "registered by detagged".

You are very knowledgable indeed about the domain name business and must be a player in some capacity, I was pretty impressed by the quadruple multi continental DNS on your personal domain name. We obviously aren't going to publish the frequency that our scripts attempt registrations with the Automaton. Let's say that it is a frequency in between daily and what Nominet would consider "automaton abuse". I will leave you all to guess in which direction the pendulum swings.

It's been nice sparring with you, you're a worthy adversary, good luck with whatever your business is and I look forward to participating in this air.co.uk and diary.co.uk challenge that you wisely suggested.

Best regards,

Chris Holland
www.detagged.co.uk

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just a quick one David because I think that we've probably taken up enough space on this forum already.

It's not a problem. Although this isn't my forum, I happen to be hosting it during the 'interim' period since it was previously offline for a few days, due to problems with the previous host. Space and bandwidth aren't a problem, so you're welcome to post. :)

We get many enquiries every day from members of the public who ring up asking whether we are detagged? They do indeed think that there is a registrar out there called "Detagged". We explain how we specialize in detagged domain names and how they have found us because of anomally in the way the whois says "registered by detagged".

:) Well I guess the muddying of the two distinctions does your business well, in any sense. If people are calling you, you've pretty much got a sale there and then. Very shrude business, as I mentioned previously. :)

[added later]
Unfortunately when Nominet update their WHOIS output on 1st October 2002 you're going to find that things might change. Rather thain saying 'Domain Registered By: DETAGGED', as it does now, the new WHOIS output is going to say 'Registrant's Agent: No agent listed. This registration is DETAGGED. For details regarding the DETAGGED status please refer to: http://www.nominet.org.uk/ref/detagged.html' therefore people are going to go to that URL and learn exactly what detagged means, rather than search for it on the Internet and come across your site.
[/added later]

You are very knowledgable indeed about the domain name business and must be a player in some capacity, I was pretty impressed by the quadruple multi continental DNS on your personal domain name. We obviously aren't going to publish the frequency that our scripts attempt registrations with the Automaton. Let's say that it is a frequency in between daily and what Nominet would consider "automaton abuse". I will leave you all to guess in which direction the pendulum swings.

It's been nice sparring with you, you're a worthy adversary, good luck with whatever your business is and I look forward to participating in this air.co.uk and diary.co.uk challenge that you wisely suggested.

DNS redundandy is always a good idea in my opinion. Some ccTLDs won't accept DNS which aren't on seperate subnets. If I remember correctly .ru is one. A Scandavian one is another.

I wouldn't want (or expect) you to publish the finite details of your drop scripts. However I am glad to know it's not just 'once a day'. :)

Thanks for discussing things, of course, and hopefully you and Martin will have no problems coexisting with anyone else who pops up in the same capacity.

I am not a NameTrack style service but I do have a few 'quality' co.uk's. I also have a database of those I know are detagged, suspended and those I am interested in. Perhaps you'll see my name in the WHOIS in the near future (I hope so) :)

air.co.uk hasn't gone 'suspended' yet and I don't know when it will. diary.co.uk will drop in maybe a week or two so good luck with that too.

Regards,

WOW,

Can I start by saying that this is the first time I have ever posted anything on a forum. I am just to lazy - sorry.

This started off as a great string (or what ever you call it - sorry again). But slowly turned into a slagging match between a few members, this can be very interesting at times but on this occasion it is clear that one or more (I will let the public decide on how many) people on this forum have some sort of association or even friendship with this reeves character it really is so easy for anyone to see, although this is my first posting have read a large number and can say I have never seen such detailed and yet inaccurate response. This person has either nothing better to do or must have some sort of vested interest. As for the other service offered by detagged I have done a little digging and they do appear to have been doing business for sometime, so they should know better than to get involved in such a petty and what looks like a set-up in self promotion. It started of really well with some people looking for advice on getting lists for domain names that are detagged and this reeves guy turned up promoting his site (I hate that on forums - sorry). I do understand freedom of free speech so I try to roll with it but then others got in on the act, with lots of great detail of how wonderful this nametrack site and service is - give me a break, no wonder other members jump on them with their suspicions. It is also very nice that some people are on first name basis with other members on this string, but how can an impartial member make comments on what one competitor can or cannot change on their site. There are some very very clever net wise people on this forum and I take my hat off to all of them, if I know half of what you guys know I would consider myself very fortunate, stop showing off and having a go at each other and start getting on the backs of real members; maybe even like me (you know what they say...if they are having a go at you they are leaving everybody else alone).

I hope this string gets back to the very original theme of discussing the interesting debate of detagged/suspended names in the UK.

It is nice to see that these guys are trying to kiss and make-up, lets hope it stays that way or the members will really start digging and that might not be very good if anyone has false claims.

Have it.

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wanted to share this UNSOLICITED email I received this morning from a Chris Holland, claiming to represent Detagged.co.uk. If indeed he really does represent that company, then presumably NameTrack.com will soon be pressing slander charges, and deservedly so in my view!

Subject: detagged domain names
Date sent: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 16:01:05 -0400

Dear Edwin,

I am sorry for bothering you but saw your post on the dnforum. I run www.detagged.co.uk. We were the first Nominet member to launch a monitoring and registration service before Martin Reeves of Nametrack copied our idea and tried to muscle into the market. His service has only been going for a few weeks and so far has not registered any domains whatsoever for clients. All the names that he claims to have obtained for clients on his site are in fact registered in his name.

Our service, the market leader, has registered hundreds of names for clients this year alone and our service is 50% cheaper and lasts for an unlimited period of time. Reeves' service lasts for just one year or the life of his company, whichever is shorter.

Please visit our site and see if we might be of assistance.

Best regards,

Chris Holland
CHC Internet

0870 011 3555

Normally, I would not repost email to a public forum. But when the entire email is a falsehood clearly designed to "rubbish" a competitor which (until now anyway) has provided me with EXEMPLARY service, then people have a right to know.

On the basis of this email, and what I have read on this forum, I will be spreading the word as widely as possible that detagged.co.uk is a company that's underhand in its business methods and not to be trusted.

On the other hand, I'm happy to say that NameTrack.com has obtained comedies.co.uk and newspapers.co.uk so far (both are, of course, in MY name now) and that I have high hopes they will be getting me a few more juicy prizes in the next few days and weeks!

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by rookie
WOW,

Indeed.

Can I start by saying that this is the first time I have ever posted anything on a forum. I am just to lazy - sorry.

:) So it wouldn't be because you've already posted on here already, made a fool of yourself and have decided to register again and 'nym-shift' (change your name)? ;)

This started off as a great string (or what ever you call it - sorry again). But slowly turned into a slagging match between a few members, this can be very interesting at times but on this occasion it is clear that one or more (I will let the public decide on how many)

Where have I seen 'I will let the public decide' used on here, oh so recently (scrolling back to the first post made by 'detagged' in this thread) ;)

people on this forum have some sort of association or even friendship with this reeves character it really is so easy for anyone to see

Could it be that Martin Reeves (NameTrack/FocusDigital) provides a service that people want? It seems to get the job done so people are paying to use it.

, although this is my first posting have read a large number and can say I have never seen such detailed and yet inaccurate response.

LOL! Like what exactly, sunshine, and who from?

This person has either nothing better to do or must have some sort of vested interest.

Oh obviously! Or maybe they dislike it when someone comes on here, promoting their own service in a generic thread and slagging off the competition (because they obviously cannot compete).

As for the other service offered by detagged I have done a little digging and they do appear to have been doing business for sometime, so they should know better than to get involved in such a petty and what looks like a set-up in self promotion.

Something we agree on. However it's sorted now (re: above)

It started of really well with some people looking for advice on getting lists for domain names that are detagged and this reeves guy turned up promoting his site (I hate that on forums - sorry).

He posted a seperate thread IIRC advertising his service. I don't see what's wrong with that. Detagged and the rest could do it too, appropriately of course.

I do understand freedom of free speech so I try to roll with it but then others got in on the act, with lots of great detail of how wonderful this nametrack site and service is - give me a break, no wonder other members jump on them with their suspicions.

LOL!! People reported the results. These were mostly positive, apart from some initial confusion over 'dictionary.co.uk' which also get resolved. Got a problem with that? :)

It is also very nice that some people are on first name basis with other members on this string, but how can an impartial member make comments on what one competitor can or cannot change on their site.

Go read the pages I referenced (if they've not been mysteriously removed - maybe I should go and archive them). They are bordering on immature.

There are some very very clever net wise people on this forum and I take my hat off to all of them, if I know half of what you guys know I would consider myself very fortunate, stop showing off and having a go at each other and start getting on the backs of real members; maybe even like me (you know what they say...if they are having a go at you they are leaving everybody else alone).

You say a lot but you're actually saying very little. :)

I hope this string gets back to the very original theme of discussing the interesting debate of detagged/suspended names in the UK.

Yeah hopefully nobody else will hijack it as we have seen today.

It is nice to see that these guys are trying to kiss and make-up, lets hope it stays that way or the members will really start digging and that might not be very good if anyone has false claims.

Oh no!!. What might they find??!!

For someone who's just posted their first message, you certainly don't inspire me into taking your seriously.

Whilst I cannot prove it, I'd put money on the fact that you're 'in bed' with Detagged. If you are, you should have left it where it was rather than come on here and nym-shift. You've just dug yourself into a deeper hole.

If you're not Detagged (and I find it strange that you just 'happened' to sign up at around 2am GMT +1, just after Detagged stopped posting) you've done him no favours.

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Genki
I wanted to share this UNSOLICITED email I received this morning from a Chris Holland, claiming to represent Detagged.co.uk. If indeed he really does represent that company, then presumably NameTrack.com will soon be pressing slander charges, and deservedly so in my view!

How interesting. Thanks Genki. :)

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: detagged domain names
Date sent: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 16:01:05 -0400

Dear Edwin,

I am sorry for bothering you but saw your post on the dnforum. I run www.detagged.co.uk. We were the first Nominet member to launch a monitoring and registration service before Martin Reeves of Nametrack copied our idea and tried to muscle into the market. His service has only been going for a few weeks and so far has not registered any domains whatsoever for clients. All the names that he claims to have obtained for clients on his site are in fact registered in his name.

Our service, the market leader, has registered hundreds of names for clients this year alone and our service is 50% cheaper and lasts for an unlimited period of time. Reeves' service lasts for just one year or the life of his company, whichever is shorter.

Please visit our site and see if we might be of assistance.

Best regards,

Chris Holland
CHC Internet

0870 011 3555
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things just get sadder and sadder don't they! :laugh:

Normally, I would not repost email to a public forum. But when the entire email is a falsehood clearly designed to "rubbish" a competitor which (until now anyway) has provided me with EXEMPLARY service, then people have a right to know.

I agree. Thanks for posting it. I don't consider what you have done 'out of order' at all.

On the basis of this email, and what I have read on this forum, I will be spreading the word as widely as possible that detagged.co.uk is a company that's underhand in its business methods and not to be trusted.

One only has to read the pages that I have referenced previously on the 'detagged.co.uk' web site to see that. I think I just heard the sound of a toilet flushing. Whizzzzz. There goes 'Detagged's reputation on here. :laugh:

On the other hand, I'm happy to say that NameTrack.com has obtained comedies.co.uk and newspapers.co.uk so far (both are, of course, in MY name now) and that I have high hopes they will be getting me a few more juicy prizes in the next few days and weeks!

Great. Obviously worth the £45 + VAT per name then?

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by davidthornton
Great. Obviously worth the £45 + VAT per name then?

Yes, though if you had a discount for bulk buys (and/or set yourselves up to accept PayPal) I'd be buying even more! But certainly, when you get results the price suddenly becomes much less of an issue ;)

Can I also mutter the words affiliate program again quietly, just to keep it in the back of your mind?

Anyway, keep up the great work (I have Tracks on some real prizes that make newspapers.co.uk look like chump change...)

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Genki

Yes, though if you had a discount for bulk buys (and/or set yourselves up to accept PayPal) I'd be buying even more! But certainly, when you get results the price suddenly becomes much less of an issue ;)

Can I also mutter the words affiliate program again quietly, just to keep it in the back of your mind?

Anyway, keep up the great work (I have Tracks on some real prizes that make newspapers.co.uk look like chump change...)

BTW I really don't have any association with NameTrack. I have an account, like you, with them and an unused backorder subscription.

These sort of conversations is just the reason why I have never got into forum chat before, it is so childish. I knocked detagged, I knocked nametrack, I knocked several other members and most importantly I knocked myself, I then went on to praise the knowledge on this site and didn't get a courteous thank you for that, I should have know better myself...I should not have got involved. I thought if I deflected some attention onto myself with perhaps a small amount of humour (poor attempt maybe, I'm sure someone will tell me) that this would allow you guys to stop and think and maybe move on. I really wanted to know more about the domain business, I have wanted to get into it for such a long time but never felt I knew enough, now that I see what most of you are like I'm glad I never bought into it, I think selling drugs in Moscow would be a safer bet than dealing with you guys if this is how you behave. I took that step on to a forum at long last and look what it has got me. DETAGGED and NAMETRACK will never get any of my money nor any other name registering company for that matter.

I hope you are ashamed of yourselves. You had the chance to bring a new person in to the name buying and selling business and you blew it. I hope the governing bodies for names change their rules to make it as hard for ALL of you guys, it would be the least you deserved.

I know you will just come back with some more clever knock down comments instead of taking the chance to win me around to the name business. I know I have not answered any of your comments directly, but was is the point you just read and see what you want. At least I have made my point, this is the first time I have visited dnforum but I will not be back again - I'm off to the more well know and respected forums on the net.

I am very sorry for my tone, I am normally very calm but you really rattled my cage. bye for good - no doubt you will be thinking good riddance...but who cares.

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by rookie

These sort of conversations is just the reason why I have never got into forum chat before, it is so childish.

You got yourself into it with the rot you posted before.

I knocked detagged, I knocked nametrack, I knocked several other members and most importantly I knocked myself, I then went on to praise the knowledge on this site and didn't get a courteous thank you for that, I should have know better myself...I should not have got involved.

Sorry. Your posting is too suspicious for me. :) It was your first post on here and the timing was too related to after Detagged posted.

If it was my first post on a forum, I tell you what I wouldn't do. I wouldn't knock a load of people who are already established for absolutely no legitimate reason what so ever. Nothing you posted was worth posting in all honesty.

I thought if I deflected some attention onto myself with perhaps a small amount of humour (poor attempt maybe, I'm sure someone will tell me) that this would allow you guys to stop and think and maybe move on. I really wanted to know more about the domain business, I have wanted to get into it for such a long time but never felt I knew enough, now that I see what most of you are like I'm glad I never bought into it, I think selling drugs in Moscow would be a safer bet than dealing with you guys if this is how you behave. I took that step on to a forum at long last and look what it has got me. DETAGGED and NAMETRACK will never get any of my money nor any other name registering company for that matter.

Good. You have nothing to say. It's simpering and it's obvious that to me that you are a nym-shifter. Even, if by some miracle, you're not, what you posted was still pointless. Like I said previously 'you say a lot but you don't actually say very much'.

I hope you are ashamed of yourselves. You had the chance to bring a new person in to the name buying and selling business and you blew it. I hope the governing bodies for names change their rules to make it as hard for ALL of you guys, it would be the least you deserved.

Oh boo-hoo-hoo. :laugh:

I know you will just come back with some more clever knock down comments instead of taking the chance to win me around to the name business. I know I have not answered any of your comments directly, but was is the point you just read and see what you want. At least I have made my point, this is the first time I have visited dnforum but I will not be back again - I'm off to the more well know and respected forums on the net.

What? You won't be back? Why doesn't that surprise me? ;) I (and others) don't give a yoo-hoo-hoo whether we 'win you over' or not. I'm going to bed in a minute and I can tell you, I won't be loosing any sleep over what I have posted in this thread regarding you and Detagged (quite obviously you're the same person).

I am very sorry for my tone, I am normally very calm but you really rattled my cage. bye for good - no doubt you will be thinking good riddance...but who cares.

Not I.

You are Detagged 'nym-shifting' and I claim my five pounds.

Thanks for playing. Bzzzzz. :laugh:

domaindude

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Have to add my two cents to this one....

I have followed dropping .uk names for a while now and reg'd about 700. As far as I can tell the bulk of drops were shared between myself and another fellow (CI gets all the 3 letter names but doesnt seem interested in the others). I first found nametracker not from this site but I saw Focus Digital registering several key drops. I cant say I've never seen "detagged" reg a name but I am damn sure they dont get many - and they definitely dont get the premium drops.

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by domaindude
Have to add my two cents to this one....

I have followed dropping .uk names for a while now and reg'd about 700. As far as I can tell the bulk of drops were shared between myself and another fellow (CI gets all the 3 letter names but doesnt seem interested in the others). I first found nametracker not from this site but I saw Focus Digital registering several key drops. I cant say I've never seen "detagged" reg a name but I am damn sure they dont get many - and they definitely dont get the premium drops.

Me neither. Their tag is CHC.

One name they did get (apparently for a Miss Amanda Doyle), yesterday (over a week after it had dropped and I had posted it in this thread) was jakinternet.co.uk. It's a former UK ISP which fell to bits. Worthless name in my opinion (both for vanity and traffic), since it went into liquitation a while ago, which is why I passed over it.

Yesterday was also the same day they joined this forum. Coincidence or what!? :laugh:

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For all the NameTrack doubters out there...

They just picked up Affiliates.co.uk for me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators