Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Directi.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Has anyone ever used Directi.com? It has been a nightmare. They are cheap- yes, but at a cost. Sloppy user control panel, no url forwarding, no nameserver parking, when user's check out using there Credit Card Proccessing api , the sum is calculated in India's Currency. Users that sign up see a total of 637 which in US dollars is $13.
Their starter package is $6.99 per domain, using their api for CC Transaction add: .75 cents plus 3% on total sale. But hey, I'm learning alot, about investigating Domain Reseller Suppliers, before going forth with rolling out this service on my websites.

Domain summit 2024

jimr

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nickfire
Has anyone ever used Directi.com? It has been a nightmare. They are cheap- yes, but at a cost. Sloppy user control panel, no url forwarding, no nameserver parking, when user's check out using there Credit Card Proccessing api , the sum is calculated in India's Currency. Users that sign up see a total of 637 which in US dollars is $13.
Their starter package is $6.99 per domain, using their api for CC Transaction add: .75 cents plus 3% on total sale. But hey, I'm learning alot, about investigating Domain Reseller Suppliers, before going forth with rolling out this service on my websites.

Yes, I have also tried Directi for some of my names and it is a lot of small annoying problems with them. One is the Internet connection to India.

I agree that the CC transactions are horrible and I would never put them up for customer use. As I am living in Europe there is a mix of three different currencies.

You have to set the price in *both* US dollars and Local Currency but everything is charged in USD. The receipt you get from the transaction is in Indian Rupees. When you later have your statement from the Credit Card company, you are charged in your local currency... Is anyone voluntaring to take the support calls...

The support is sometimes very good and you have an answer within a couple of hours. Other times it take weeks.

All agreements and even the order to add funds have to be sent by fax but sending a fax to India is not the same thing as faxing in Europe or to the States. It takes time and it costs money.

I think they have to sort out all problems before you can use them. One of the very good things with them is that they seem to listen to the customers. I think they can do very well if they just improve.

/jr

H

hosting3.com

they have now added the feature to credit your account on-line by yourself, using a credit card. Thought, it requires that you have sold 50+ domain years before they will allow you this.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Directi seems to be pretty good at getting drops. I think they try really hard.

jimr

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by hosting3.com
they have now added the feature to credit your account on-line by yourself, using a credit card. Thought, it requires that you have sold 50+ domain years before they will allow you this.

Directi has a strange attitude and this limit of 50+ domains is to me very strange. It would be easier to freeze the funds for a day or two if they need to keep an extra eye on new people.

I don't think the Directi people understand that there is competion on the market. Why do they make it so difficult for their customers....

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The reason they get the drops is that SnapNames uses them whenever they can - more profit margin. I have a DirectI account and a BulkRegister account - but SN always uses DirectI :)

What I have mostly against DirectI is their API - hard to install and I hear it's hard to use to. But the price is right :)

H

hosting3.com

Originally posted by DotComster
The reason they get the drops is that SnapNames uses them whenever they can - more profit margin. I have a DirectI account and a BulkRegister account - but SN always uses DirectI :)

What I have mostly against DirectI is their API - hard to install and I hear it's hard to use to. But the price is right :)

You are right!

I think Directi should consider moving/renting servers in US for top speed and low latency.

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Or a BR can use the price structure of DitectI ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators