Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Dnf Whining Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

parwold

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'v started this link so that all moans about paying for membership of the <u>glorious DNF</u> can be posted here. not on the PLATINUM link, so go ahead!

Upvote 0

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm, thanks greggish. I've never created a thread in the advertising section and don't wish to participate in the weekly auctions...does anyone know how long I have before I will lose the ability to browse/post to the forums if I remain an unpaid member?

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mr Webname. The way I read that link is that there's a 30 day grace period on creating threads in the advertising section, but there's no mention about a grace period for unpaid members to continue browsing the forums.

Does anyone know what happened to all of the posts of members such as BigFart and Tee? Their posts, many of them of valuable, have disappeared from the archives. Does this happen to members who don't pay the membership fee, or is it at their own request?

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming that you are not yet a paid member and I as yet am not, so the fact that we are both browsing and posting I think may answer that doubt.

As for posts of other members I cannot answer that question and I guess only the site Admins can.

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
as far as i know bigfart got deleted - nothing to do with not paying the membership fee - not entirely sure why ge got deleted though he was continually abusing the management and its more than likely something to do with that though i cant be sure - maybe it was at his own request:D

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You are correct Mr Webname that I am an unpaid member. Reading through Gregr's initial post, it seems we may have 'several months' before having to pay any membership fee:
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21805&highlight=it+may+be+several+months

Re member Tee: it looks to me as if his membership was revoked and his entire posts were deleted because he dissented against the idea of paying any membership fee:
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.p...t=complaining+about+every+decision#post160443

Tee is a great guy from New York who used the handle Tomsters over at the old Afternic, and part of his dissenting post can be seen here as it was quoted by another member and so hasn't been purged from the system:
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=160311&highlight=Information+on+internet#post160311

Re the complete removal of a member's posts: I consider this to be totally uncalled for as threads become disjointed when posts have been removed, especially if the person was the thread starter, such as Tee in this thread discussing his latest domain name purchase:
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21638

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fizz this was Tee's last post:

Gregr, can you delete my account here?

Thank you.

I did as he requested.

I was here during the previous mods uprising. I saw how they and their minions trashed Dan and this forum for several days for the sole purpose of attracting members to their new site. They hung their hat on the fact that Dan had did them wrong by considering a higher offer from RealNames.

The trashing continued even after Dan told the old mods he would sell to them for their agreed to price even though RealNames had offered more money.

Now the opportunist crop up again. A few members see this as an opportunity to cash in on recent changes here. First it appears devolution gathered member email addresses to send spam touting his alternate forum. Then we have NameGuy who decided to use the PM system of the site that helped him make thousands of dollars in profit from domains, to spam other members to switch to his site. This is the most tacky thing I could imagine a member doing. Especially coming from a member who has gained so much from this site.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Many thanks Gregr for the clarification.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Live and let live :) Hey, .info and .biz are rocking. The birds are singing. Life is good. Tee, make sure you come back in another reincarnation :D

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr
Then we have NameGuy who decided to use the PM system of the site that helped him make thousands of dollars in profit from domains, to spam other members to switch to his site. This is the most tacky thing I could imagine a member doing. Especially coming from a member who has gained so much from this site.

I didn't think NameGuy could sink to a lower lever but he has. I bought hitblaster.com from him at the first DNF$ auction (http://www.dnforum.com/auctionlist_dnfbuck.php?date=2003-02-07 the last listing). I paid and he pushed to my Dotregistrar account. I've been busy and never got around to changing the contact info. I got an email from Dotregistrar this morning telling me that the transfer of hitblaster.com to Enom is complete. Then I check whois (http://www.enom.com/domains/whois.asp?DomainName=hitblaster.com) and low and behold it's in NameGuy's name.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That definitely needs some explaining by NameGuy.

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Gregr, I would demand a refund of your DNF$ immediately. ;)

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by greggish
Gregr, I would demand a refund of your DNF$ immediately. ;)

Doesn't matter if he paid him with Coke bottle caps. An agreement to buy and sell was made and it sounds like that agreement was broken. I would like to hear from NameGuy on this too.

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yup, and I think all NameGuy's posts have been deleted too.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'll give everyone an analogy. I don't profess to be near as good as Duke at this but I'll try.

For someone to use this forum and it's PM system to spam a competing forum is like someone that doesn't like a restaurant so he goes to the restaurant and orders water. Then he goes to every table and while other customers are enjoying their meals, he tells them the food here is lousy and the prices are way to high. You should go to McDonalds. Their food is excellent and their prices are great.

I don't want this guy harassing my customers. I want them to have their pleasant meal without being harassed.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nameguy was banned and cannot respond to this claim...

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr
I'll give everyone an analogy. I don't profess to be near as good as Duke at this but I'll try.

For someone to use this forum and it's PM system to spam a competing forum is like someone that doesn't like a restaurant so he goes to the restaurant and orders water. Then he goes to every table and while other customers are enjoying their meals, he tells them the food here is lousy and the prices are way to high. You should go to McDonalds. Their food is excellent and their prices are great.

I do not know specifics in this case, but I agree with Greg about this principle

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And yes NameGuy was deleted just like the Dodora salesman was deleted when I got complaints from members being spammed. NameGuy can no longer spam members with DNForum's PM system.

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Banned. He can not reply to this thread, but i am sure he will contact Greg directly.

After reviewing some facts that were presented to me i have to retract my post. I am sorry Greg, i didnt know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom