Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Do you prefer .Net, .Org or .Us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm glad most people consider .org third (.com, .net, etc..) because in one of the niches I collect in does extremely well in .org so they're cheaper to buy (better ROI). I've even owned the same domain with .com, .net, and .org and the .org did the best out of the three.

One of my developed sites where I point 4 TLDs (.net, .org, .us, .info) to the .com. Last month out of 500 visits over 50 were redirects from the .org yet fewer than 10 were from the other 3 TLDs.

Oddly, even some of my .us domains seem to do better sometimes than .net domains (same domain, different TLD).

inernetster

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
draggar.. any insight to why the .org beat out the .net in the redirects?

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
draggar.. any insight to why the .org beat out the .net in the redirects?

Probabaly eithical beliefs?

Think of this:

RedCross.com and say they also own the .org and the .net - which one do you think would get more redirects?

How about a hospital or other medical related. People always mention charaties, too, which can be true.

I think people may think that the regulations for .net / .org domsan registration and usage still exist hance they'll think the .org is more trustworthy.

inernetster

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Could be that.. they feel it is a trustworthy site because of the .org. I have alot of .org reg's to do now...

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't think it's true with all niches - it is the exact opposite with telecommunications, data, and other compuer related domains. .net domains will out perform .org domains by far with this niche.

inernetster

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think health and any type of social issues would do great on .orgs. just hope all the data is real on the sites. What worries me is so many of the paid article sites are not done by real experts and the disinformation can hurt someone. One of the best ways to build them out is slap on a forum.
I actually do have to reg about 50 to go with my .com's because I do want to build forums (those 50 are health sites)

pixel42

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'll get .net as a backup, if it's a really good name or one that I'm trying to protect for branding purposes. I don't think I own a single .org, except for my name (again, just a precaution). .Us doesn't seem to carry much weight, and I would only register it if it was a single-word category killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom