Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Do you realize the value of type-in website names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Originally posted by izopod
TYPE-ins CAN generate revenue! Duh!!!!! No one is disagreeing with that.

izopod, perhaps read mole's comments above, which suggests to me that some people here don't think type ins can make money,

"My point is simply this :- random type-in traffic does not equate to good/profitable traffic."

"IMO, type-ins represent random poor quality traffic that just help to waste your bandwidth, nothing more nothing less."

you stated yourself

"Type-in domains have NOTHING to do with making money. They do however make memorable addresses, which is one element of your business you like to see."

yet now you say

"TYPE-ins CAN generate revenue!"

It appears to me that you have changed your argument in mid-stream.

Either change the subject into: How to maximize a good type-in name, or get to the intent of the post: How to make solid returns on your web site.

I'm not sure how you can say the posts above are off track either, the thread topic is "Do you realize the value of type-in website names?" which is exactly what we are debating here, the intent of this thread was never looking at how to improve your sites revenue.

chatcher

Crazy Chuck
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
(Hello all)

The absolute worst type-in name I have is whatthehell.com. It gets 100-200 hits per day, but they are not your "normal" hits.

It seems like people must be frustrated or in a bad humor when they finally reach the point of typing "whatthehell" into their browser. You wouldn't believe some of the email inquiries I've gotten.

Sometimes the "mood" of the traffic a domain name receives affects its profitability. (Or maybe I just need to come up with a better idea for capitalizing on the negativity.)

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by arbitrage
(Hello all)
The absolute worst type-in name I have is whatthehell.com. It gets 100-200 hits per day, but they are not your "normal" hits.

Sounds like it would be a fun domain to develop. Are you selling? :)

chatcher

Crazy Chuck
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by -RJ-

Sounds like it would be a fun domain to develop. Are you selling? :)

I'm open to reasonable offers via email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators