Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

seeking advice Do you think investing in .XYZ is a good idea

The author of this thread is seeking advice or feedback from the community.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What this guy said. 💯👍🏽

Investing? No, absolutely not. Nothing wrong with developing one those and driving your own traffic. All but the most elite domain names/extensions should not be considered "investments" Websites, Traffic, Content...that is were money can be made. A good domain name can go a long way toward establishing credibility, branding, and ease of discovery/understanding but those are all secondary benefits.

Domain summit 2024

Anita

Level 4
Reaction score
MapleDots....i didn't know they had a New York minute in Kitchener;) I see where Kitchener.xyz and Kitchener.link are both gone......they yours? Remember DomainGourmet.com? I still own it and waiting for you to help develop it:) Thanks for pointing out that "xyz" is spoken or said using three syllables vs .com and .link uses just one. My friend who said, "LINK is not worse than .XYZ" was "spot on" with his/her analysis. As an fyi, i did spend $116 to register the Premium domain Catering.link, especially when the xyz equivalent is selling for $149,888.00 @ DAN. Also, SAW appraises Catering.com for over 2M and Catering.xyz for $15,000 to $20,000. Of course like you I don't have much confidence in appraisals, but they're fun to show "end users" when it's appropriate. Thanks, and like you've heard me say dozens of times, "I Love❣️ Canada"

Interesting take but .XYZ is beyond all of that. I too used to be of the opinion that it's not a great extension but I realized I was wrong when the mass adoption started. .XYZ is like the last word and also represents 3 generations. It is being adopted by the new tech companies because 3D is represented in XYZ axis. If I had realised these things 4-5 years ago I would have been bullish on these. Sadly that didn't happen so I am just happy for all those who have premium portfolios and are making good sales. Like you are bullish on .LINK I am bullish on .XYZ and .COM @Bulloney. I wish you much success. Belief is everything in this industry. I don't like .LINK much but I could be wrong. :)

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
Interesting take but .XYZ is beyond all of that. I too used to be of the opinion that it's not a great extension but I realized I was wrong when the mass adoption started. .XYZ is like the last word and also represents 3 generations. It is being adopted by the new tech companies because 3D is represented in XYZ axis. If I had realised these things 4-5 years ago I would have been bullish on these. Sadly that didn't happen so I am just happy for all those who have premium portfolios and are making good sales. Like you are bullish on .LINK I am bullish on .XYZ and .COM @Bulloney. I wish you much success. Belief is everything in this industry. I don't like .LINK much but I could be wrong. :)
Thank you....most consumers are easily swayed by what Biggie refers to as "hype", and while I don't disagree with your "last word" and "3 generations" comment about XYZ, i can point to just as many good sensible reasons for .LINK. I wish you well too Anita👍

OneDomainscom

Level 3
Reaction score
Here's 18 nice sales

I have a few

1of.xyz the best

Others are gripe sites

It's a millennial use tld

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Personally, I just look at what I own.

Mostly my country code .ca then .com's with a few .net, .org, .app sprinkled in.

However I managed to my first .xyz to actual use on my marketplace. That is the first extension outside .ca and .com for us to achieve this.

Other than that I own one more targeted.xyz and in most cases I buy those only with a possible end user in mind.

More and more now I tell domainers go ahead and register if you can think of 1-3 possible end users. If you cannot think of at least one then chances are you will be renewing for a long time.

Almost all new TLD's will sell almost 85% in the one word category, 10% in the two word category and about 5% in 3 words and above. I am probably being generous with the last two percentages but it really hurts me when I see domainers registering two and 3 words in ANY new TLD.

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
Personally, I just look at what I own.

Mostly my country code .ca then .com's with a few .net, .org, .app sprinkled in.

However I managed to my first .xyz to actual use on my marketplace. That is the first extension outside .ca and .com for us to achieve this.

Other than that I own one more targeted.xyz and in most cases I buy those only with a possible end user in mind.

More and more now I tell domainers go ahead and register if you can think of 1-3 possible end users. If you cannot think of at least one then chances are you will be renewing for a long time.

Almost all new TLD's will sell almost 85% in the one word category, 10% in the two word category and about 5% in 3 words and above. I am probably being generous with the last two percentages but it really hurts me when I see domainers registering two and 3 words in ANY new TLD.
You've done very well in this space and I admire that. With regards to the "one word category selling almost 85%", if that's the case, of the 1,200 .LINK domains i own about 500 of them are "one word", and many of them the exact same as the .XYZ counterpart.:rolleyes:

Regardless, in many cases the equivalent .com is long gone and in use, or it's so overpriced that few can afford it.

Last edited by a moderator:

ebbe94

Reaction score
I think that investing xyz is profitable for me, it has already returned within 6 months but these were good domains and quite a bit expensive cheap I would not advise you to buy

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
I think that investing xyz is profitable for me, it has already returned within 6 months but these were good domains and quite a bit expensive cheap I would not advise you to buy
what do you mean by "good domains and quite a bit expensive"?

ps. i actually own a few .XYZ domains like CatchyNames.xyz but i only paid $2.39 for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gao Mujian

Level 2
Reaction score
I have some xyz extensions registered, but I don't know if they are of any value; would appreciate your advice and guidance.

fored.xyz
Flia.xyz
wrod.xyz
nft-dao.xyz
Web5Era.xyz

DiverseWorld.xyz

Deleted member 322971123

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have some xyz extensions registered, but I don't know if they are of any value; would appreciate your advice and guidance.

fored.xyz
Flia.xyz
wrod.xyz
nft-dao.xyz
Web5Era.xyz

DiverseWorld.xyz
I like Flia, Web5Era & diverse World. Not the best but can sell for low amount.

Gao Mujian

Level 2
Reaction score
thank you for your reply.

I'm new at the moment, have little experience, don't know which ones have potential value.

Hope to get your guidance and suggestions in the future.

Deleted member 322971123

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thank you for your reply.

I'm new at the moment, have little experience, don't know which ones have potential value.

Hope to get your guidance and suggestions in the future.
Keep reading the forum, ask whenever in doubt. Check Namebio where sale get reported everyday.

ebbe94

Reaction score
what do you mean by "good domains and quite a bit expensive"?

ps. i actually own a few .XYZ domains like CatchyNames.xyz but i only paid $2.39 for it.
good domains are domains with good Ahrefs DR and UR stats. a catchy name is not everything. You can make money of every domain, you just need to know how :)

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
good domains are domains with good Ahrefs DR and UR stats. a catchy name is not everything. You can make money of every domain, you just need to know how :)
Oh....i know how to make $$$ at this game. You just need to know how, to whom, and where to sell them, or simply develop them;)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators