Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Domain catching script algorithm

Status
Not open for further replies.

webg

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know that is almost impossible to catch a good dropped names, but i would like my friend to develop a drop catching script for second and third level domains that are not so valuable. Just to easy my self to not doing it manually.

But the person that will develop the script doesn't know anything about domaining, he asked me about the algorithm.

When domains that we want to catch are stored into our script what the script should do, what it need to ping to know that the domain is available.

Can somebody share some information about how to make that script.

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This was previously done and widely used prior to 2005. These days those scripts are pretty much useless, but if you are really interested, do some digging you will be able to find and use them for a small fee (enomgrabber was it?)

webg

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was searching all the day for similar script but i didn't find it. I'll try to do another research for "Enom Grabber".

Thanks

webg

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for server side script.

webg

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, thank you that was what i mean. It cost too much i was just wanting the algorithm.

However thanks you :)

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is no 'magic' algorithm really.
But there is unpredictability in the drop game.
Only the registry knows the exact moment a domain is to drop and be made available again.

If you want to compete with the dropcatchers set up your own registrar so you will benefit from a direct connection to the registry. But it will still be a lone registrar competing against tens of other registrars.
Even if you had the best 'algorithm' on the market, requests sent through a registrar API are much slower than direct registry access.

IMO it's not worth it if you are after low-value domains. A godaddy backorder will often suffice for domains nobody is after.

webg

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You people get me wrong, i don't want to compare with another drop catchers, i know that it is wasting time and money.

I just want to automate the things i do now, every day i filter domain expired list and select some domains, like dnuse.com, seoseller.com and many other that domains i wait to expire and manually register them.

I want to automate my job, so set a server script that can do that things, whats the steps i need to do to set a script like that. I'm not a developer a friend of mine is he will develop the script but he didn't know anything about domains, and he asked me to give him basic information, as where the script should look if the domain is drtopped.

Someone told me that the script must ping the Verisign servers but what exactly it must be pinging there. I just want to know a basic info, not make a script to compare with pool.com or snapnames :).

Thanks you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom