Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Domain Parking.... it still has a pulse.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

as you all know or may have read, many say parking is dead

but on the 5th @Voodoo.com, one 'three word.com' name I own got:

2 visitors/2 searches/3 clicks/ctr 150.000%/ epc $4.53/ revenue $13.59

no biggie, but that's renewal money for another name, plus change for a big mac

:)

imo...

Domain summit 2024
Reaction score
I have one that usually makes around 30c per day but every so often I'll get like $1.80-$2.30 clicks... then it goes back down again. I have no idea why.
Parkingcrew rejected me unfortunately even though I have over 1000 domains. Would've liked to try them out.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Parkingcrew rejected me unfortunately even though I have over 1000 domains. Would've liked to try them out.

contact them again to reapply

let em know who you is :)

imo...

Reaction score
I don't like having to choose 5 domains for them to judge a whole portfolio by. Traffic and generic don't always go hand in hand - guess they either don't like generics or they don't like the co.uk extension. I'll stick with Bodis. I actually have most parked with a landing page on my service in sig - sold 2 last week - 1 for 3 figures and 1 for 4 figures so ad parking is not for all.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't like having to choose 5 domains for them to judge a whole portfolio by.

i never had to submit any names for judging

had a namedrive account when PC acquired them and they migrated my names over.

but, if you have Fabulous account, PC nows feeds Fabs parking, so you'd be in that way

BTW: Congrats on those sales!

imo..

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't like having to choose 5 domains for them to judge a whole portfolio by. Traffic and generic don't always go hand in hand - guess they either don't like generics or they don't like the co.uk extension. I'll stick with Bodis. I actually have most parked with a landing page on my service in sig - sold 2 last week - 1 for 3 figures and 1 for 4 figures so ad parking is not for all.
I am looking Epik.com's parking setup to test the names at various parking systems. Seems they are sort of like Above.com but different set up, I dont believe you have to have an account at the places to test them there...

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeah, I been reading their promos'

it seems useful

there are so many options now for domainers,

we're the end-users for these platforms, looking for end-users

imo...

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_84.png
this top name is adult, but for some reason it does not have a heart like the Petter Hegre name does (he is a popular nude photographer and owns a site at his last name .com, but used to own this one at one time) But the thing that confuses me is the fact that Rental Appliances.com is not OK on the first tier feed at Parking Crew. I think names like this should do well on a rental platform like Epik.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

the fact that the name has 75% click thru is good, even though epc is only 1 cent

I have 3 letter .org, which also, is not tier 1 feed

the epc was same as yours initially, then it started going up, to 13 cents per click.
every once in a while $1 clicks
don't know how long you've had it there, but maybe time will change the numbers.

imo....

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The reason it is considered a click-through is that it auto-forwards to the 2nd tier feed automatically... making 2 pennies is nice, but would an advertiser for a company like rent-a-center not want such legitimate traffic and pay more?

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think I have had it there for close to a year so its not really improving. I think its time to try another service of some kind. But overall I like this company.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The name would be held in escrow while the lease is being paid for. Its not at the whim of the owner to turn around and sell it out from under the guy paying the bills.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think I have had it there for close to a year so its not really improving. I think its time to try another service of some kind. But overall I like this company.

if it only got 4 visitors in that time, then don't know how another service would improve that..... unless you develop it

How does rental work? Surely nobody would put their business on the line for the whim of a domain owner?

there is difference between rental and lease to own. I think they use the term monthly rental payments generically, but it really should be terms of a lease agreement

https://epik.com/blog/leasing-domains-how-we-do-it-at-epik-and-how-you-can-too.html

And the way I set it up is 50 dollars a month for 10 years (120 months) for some names like HeadBump.com. If they keep paying 50 a month for a decade, they own it.

10 years in long time if buyer agrees.

i did a three year lease @ 250/month + 5% compounded interest and wrote the deal up in notepad.

snailmailed notarized copy to buyer and they paid via paypal

would have to scrutinize epiks small prin ton those lase agreements.

imo...

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if buyer agrees
Of course they could email me and make a deal to buy any of my names for a different amount than what I have it currently. The Epik system just helps protect both parties. BTW I have known Rob Monster the owner of Epik for around a decade.

As for the amount of traffic on that name, yes, it is low, but that was not really my point. Its never going to improve for that name on that platform when it goes to a page promoting some anti-virus software instead of a rent-a-center type advertisement. The ads have to be at least somewhat related. If you are looking to rent a dishwasher, you dont want to put anti-virus software on your computer,

Last edited:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators