Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Domainer Contest for DRT users - $1000 prize money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premium Domains

[email protected]
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Inviting everyone who owns the DRT for an open contest.

What is this contest about?

DRT or Domain Research Tool is being used by some of the top domainers today. We are staging a contest to see who can make the best use of the tool to bag one newly registered domain which makes at least $100/month on PPC. The domain has to be parked with either Sedo or Domainsponsor for at least 7 days and revenue will be considered pro-rata.

So what does the winner get?

The winner will win a Cash Prize of $1000 AND a freelance consultancy contract with us which will pay in excess of $15,000 per year.

There are no other rules. Just show us what you can do with DRT Power!

How long is this contest on?

For a period of One month. i.e. till 5th June 2006. If we have a winner before this period, we may close the contest.

How do I enroll for this contest?

Just send a mail to [email protected] with your DNF Username saying 'I am competing in the DRT Contest' or post it in this thread, thats it!

RULES ADDED:

1. Only Verified members (or members with a long standing membership/good reputation at dnforum) will be allowed to participate in the DRT contest. If you have already been accepted in the DRT contest in this thread, it does not affect you. This is only for the newer aspirants.

2. Only select tld's allowed - .com, .net, .org, .info, .biz, .us, .co.uk, .de and .tv will be allowed.

3. Screenshots of the traffic at DS/Sedo will be sent to me by PM/Email. After that, I will ask for the domain to be parked on our servers for 7 days verification. After verification, the winner will be decided by Luc Lezon, the owner and creator of the DRT software and myself.

4. If we have more than 1 winner, the prize money will be split equally amongst the winners.

For those of you who do not have the DRT but wish to buy it, PM me for a special 20% discount coupon code (This will bring down the price of DRT from $249 to $199). DNF Exclusive members will get a special price of $149 (PM me for code) as per arrangement with DNForum.

For more details about DRT visit http://www.domainresearchtool.com

If you have any questions, PM me or send me an email to [email protected]

Good luck!

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is this a "First to do it" type contest?

Regards
- Rob

duskdawn

DN.CC
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After taking a shower, I came up with the idea that maybe I need to take a screenshot every time I find a potential domain with that software. But that sucks.:twitch: :rip:

Premium Domains

[email protected]
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The domain needs to be a new registration as mentioned in the thread and frankly speaking, I don't think you can find an unregged domain / recently expired domain without a tool like DRT.

Even if you do pick up the name from one of the drop catchers like Pool or Snapnames you might have to pay in excess of $1000 to get a domain making $100/month on PPC. I am sure the market dynamics will make you pay a fair amount (what with so many people bidding for a good domain).

And lastly we are sure that if you are using the DRT, you already are well known amongst domainers and would not risk your reputation over a contest. :)

falco85

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm subscribing to this :) let's see how it goes!

Premium Domains

[email protected]
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some people have asked me via email if a domain bagged from a drop catch service like Snapnames/Pool qualifies for this contest?

The answer is no, it does not. The domain must be a 'new registration' as mentioned in the thread.

EUROPEAN

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,
How easy is this software to use?
Have you used it sucessfully yourself?
Whats the best domain with revenue you've found with the software?

If I buy this software whats the chances of me bagging a few domains that will generate revenue so that I end up on the beer free every weekend?

Thanks
Tommy

irishmat

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
count me in

just regged one thats done $10 in 2 days! at this rate its on for hitting $100 a month

in your post you say its gotta be parked at sedo or domainsponsor, is Namedrive ok?

Premium Domains

[email protected]
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
European - The software is very easy to use and you do not need any technical expertise to use it. Why dont you download the trial and try it out first hand? Let me know if you have any problems.

I have used it myself and registered many domains which do very well at PPC. Some of them I have developed into websites and I earn well with Adsense on those. The best domain I registered using the DRT is "confidential" :) However you can see some of the domains registered by us using this software here: http://www.domainresearchtool.com/acquired.htm

Irishmat, I have sent you a PM.

The domain needs to be parked only on Sedo/DS. Sorry, if we allow ND then a lot of people will want to add PS/GK etc and that will be very difficult for us to monitor.

Best of luck everybody :)

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How do you avoid/or make sure that someone doesn't drives other domain traffic to the newly regsitered website?

I might be interested in your tool. Can you send me exclusive promo code?

NavySeals91

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will partake in this contest.

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Premium Domains, have received your pm. Bought the tool. Seems pretty useful.
Still could you answer my question about the redirect traffic from other site?

Thanks

Premium Domains

[email protected]
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am sorry snicksnack - I missed your question altogether :)

The answer to your question is: We will ask for the domain to be parked on our own servers for a few days for verification so that we can monitor the source of the traffic (when we do have a winner).

Also like I said in one of my replies above - Most of the users are well known domainers and no one would risk their reputation for a contest. And I sincerely hope everybody plays fair.

I remember a nice quote which I would like to use here though I can't recollect who said it -

"You can fool some people some time, but you can’t fool all the people all the time".

Cheers

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Premium Domains said:
And lastly we are sure that if you are using the DRT, you already are well known amongst domainers and would not risk your reputation over a contest. :)

Good lateral thinking there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom