Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Domainer Contest for DRT users - $1000 prize money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ubiquitous

Since 1997
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Count me in ~ Thanks!

Domain summit 2024

Premium Domains

premiumdomains@gmail.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
~Kingpin~ said:
Count me in ~ Thanks!

I am sorry Kingpin but you dont qualify. There are many new members who want to participate in the contest but we cannot accept them now. Please read Rule no. 1

1. Only Verified members (or members with a long standing membership/good reputation at dnforum) will be allowed to participate in the DRT contest. If you have already been accepted in the DRT contest in this thread, it does not affect you. This is only for the newer aspirants.

rileez

I Blame /.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Count me in. If I am not considered long standing membership/good reputation at dnforum then I would be more then glad to get DN Verified.

Premium Domains

premiumdomains@gmail.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
linkman said:
Can it be a combination of research thru DRT and other custom tools? If so you can count me.

falco85 said:
DRT is an excellent tool but it won't make all the job for you - you must put your skills and other "tools" you can find for free in the net to see if a domain is really worth or not something.

Falco85 is right. You may use other "free" tools to assess the domain. However it is very important that you "find" the domain using the DRT. You may use other tools to then judge the domain's quality as long as they are free tools.

Let me explain by giving you an example:

We have two contestants who claim that they have domains that qualify. Let us call them contestant 'A' and contestant 'B'. We ask both the contestants on how they managed to find the domains.

Contestant 'A' does not have a clear explaination about how he found the domain name using the DRT. He sends us screenshots of DS stats which show that the domain is indeed making $4/day on an average for the past 8 days. However on asking him pertinent questions on how he found the domain, we come to know that he actually bought a list of High Ovt domains and managed to acquire one at Snapnames for $500. The tools 'A' used were:

1. A list of expiring/expired domains costing $50 (Paid)
2. Snapnames (Paid)

Contestant 'B' has also sent us screenshots and his domain makes an average of $5/day on Sedo. When asked about how he found the name, he gives a detailed explaination on how he found the domain. He explains that could not manage to find a domain with high Ovt or high Alexa rank as most of them were already taken by the time he found one. So he changed his strategy and managed to bag a Google Pagerank PR6 domain with high link poularity and SE saturation. The domain got less than 100 uniques/day and had a low CTR as it had not been optimized yet but even with a CTR of 5% he managed to make $5/day as the average RPC was $1.2. The tools used by 'B' were:

1. DRT
2. Seologs.com Fake Pagerank checker (Free)
3. Seochat.com various tools (Free)

Now as you can see from the above examples, Contestant 'B' would clearly qualify as the winner.

Let us keep in mind that this contest is about people who can bag a revenue earning domain using the DRT and not otherwise.

namelayer, you're in :)

We now have 19 contestants. New additions - GenericTypo and namelayer

Ubiquitous

Since 1997
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Premium Domains said:
I am sorry Kingpin but you dont qualify. There are many new members who want to participate in the contest but we cannot accept them now. Please read Rule no. 1

:rain:

Premium Domains

premiumdomains@gmail.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
7 days left for the DRT contest to close and none of the 19 contestants have submitted a winning name yet.

Buck up guys :cheer2:

ThisDot

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is the contest ending tommorow... or just the registration period? If it's just the registration period ending then I would like to register.

Thanks,
David

Premium Domains

premiumdomains@gmail.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ThisDot said:
Is the contest ending tommorow... or just the registration period? If it's just the registration period ending then I would like to register.

The contest ends tommorow i.e. 5th June as mentioned in the first post.

No submissions received from any of the contestants yet. Looks like we are not going to have any winner...

linkman

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Premium Domains said:
The contest ends tommorow i.e. 5th June as mentioned in the first post.

No submissions received from any of the contestants yet. Looks like we are not going to have any winner...

If you're in contact with Luc or his support for DRT. Can you ask him to email me or pm me erik@suthnet.com?

Thanks.

Premium Domains

premiumdomains@gmail.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Contest is now closed. None of the 19 contestants have submitted a domain name satisfying the criteria.

In case anybody has any suggestions to improvise the contest, please post them here. Thank you for participating.

We will begin the next DRT contest soon.

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

for the next contest, I would suggest, that you allow all ccTLDs, not only a limited number. You DRT supports most ccTLD, so why not let the user decide where he/she believe is the best domains to get?

Just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators