Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
  • You must be a member of DNForum for a minimum of 30 days and have contributed to the community prior to being allowed to post an offer or create a new discussion of an affiliate program. This notice will disappear when your account is eligible.

You may also contact support if you feel you are receiving this message in error.
Domain summit 2024

DomainWatch — Domain Monitoring Made Easy

benjam1n

Reaction score
Hey there!

I wanted to ask for feedback on a little project I'm working on but I'm not sure if I have choosen a good thread. Anyway... here's a screenshot:

View attachment 3081

It's available at https://domainwatch.me and you can keep an eye on 10 domains for free.

I would really appreciate any feedback!

Thanks,
Benjamin

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its a nice project Benjamin but I think you have some major competition. In the paid sphere domaintools.com pretty much has 90% of the market and the same is the case in free tools where Godaddy lets you monitor unlimited names for free (AFAIK).

Probably I would try to monetize via user registration and opt in. But I am guessing you have some server bills to pay to keep the service running?

benjam1n

Reaction score
Its a nice project Benjamin but I think you have some major competition. In the paid sphere domaintools.com pretty much has 90% of the market and the same is the case in free tools where Godaddy lets you monitor unlimited names for free (AFAIK).

Probably I would try to monetize via user registration and opt in. But I am guessing you have some server bills to pay to keep the service running?

Hey Castion, I think DomainTools is super expensive for what they offer, cheapest personal plans are starting from $99 month, anything more than that "starting from low four figures". But yeah, it seems like they have huge percentage of this small market. I'm not sure about what GoDaddy offers but the more I'm talking with people about this the more I see how much people don't like them coz of their spammy tactics to overcharge/upsell etc. I personally couldn't find anything where I can simply monitor my domains for reasonable price of $1-2/domain/month and my friend actually owns a company specialized in Whois APIs (whoapi.com) so that was a perfect fit. The server/api costs are not that big, even with more than 1600 users its barely $50/month.

ps. Can you see the attachment in my first post? I only see "View attachment 3081" and says I don't have permission to open it.

strugar

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I also don't see attachment in first post, only text as you say.

As for the project, yes, it is very interesting; I have registered for free account. As you mentioned, DomainTools is superexpensive for amateurs; what I don't like at all in your project is hidden pricing; I don't see why should I contact you to get pricing for some standard plan and discover secret meaning of "interested in monitoring more than just expiration dates?", unless you plan to research each inquirer, to tailor the price based on each prospect: "Aha, this one seems to be professional domainer, let's charge him double or triple!". It's fine to have custom plans upon contact, but standard plans pricing should be available on site.

benjam1n

Reaction score
I also don't see attachment in first post, only text as you say.

As for the project, yes, it is very interesting; I have registered for free account. As you mentioned, DomainTools is superexpensive for amateurs; what I don't like at all in your project is hidden pricing; I don't see why should I contact you to get pricing for some standard plan and discover secret meaning of "interested in monitoring more than just expiration dates?", unless you plan to research each inquirer, to tailor the price based on each prospect: "Aha, this one seems to be professional domainer, let's charge him double or triple!". It's fine to have custom plans upon contact, but standard plans pricing should be available on site.

Hey Strugar, thanks for checking it out! So, I had the pricing before but since the upgrade rate was super low I decided to hide it and do tailor-based pricing. I'm now getting closer to figuring out what pricing should look like so I'll be returning it soon.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom