Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Donny Donnie Don whats up with Parked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
My comments are never intentionally funny; they are meant to induce sarcasm onto a situation that bears no logical explanation - which you have not delivered. Please enlighten us about the TQ point system then - or is it another trade secret? Bottom line is, Yahoo decides what our traffic is worth. But is it worth sending our traffic to a feed that pays us less per click?

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the million $$$ question.......and the answer is???

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please enlighten us about the TQ point system then - or is it another trade secret? Bottom line is, Yahoo decides what our traffic is worth. But is it worth sending our traffic to a feed that pays us less per click?

are we talking about transparency here? cause that's a topic thats been on my mind recently..

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At the moment, I cant complain.. Traffic Score is 10 and revenue is on the increase.

n.b. I filter my traffic as much as possible before it goes to parked so that might have something to do with it.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
We need an answer on what basis does Yahoo downgrade a traffic's worth - hence the estimated revenue and the actual revenue which can differ up to 2/3 down after the Yahocus-pocus "TQ" (short for Thank you idiot domainer) daily adjustment.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, since I'm being called out here and I think I have already answered this like 200 times, what's one more time to make Acroplex happy and what happened to your Moderator tag, seriously, I thought you were doing a good job.

Yahoo's discounting system is based on idea that everybody has a TQ/Traffic Quality Score and based on this score the price of a click will be discounted for the advertiser.

The TQ score itself is taken from the average conversion rate on Yahoo.com based on a category for every keyword. So the "real estate" keywords may convert at 1 in 200 on Yahoo.com. This means that for your portfolio your "real estate" domains would have to convert better than 1 in 200 to be a 10. I do not know what the graduated scale is from 10 to a 1. The TQ is only based on clicks and conversions to the advertiser, nothing else. It is also currently based in certain countries, not all countries.

As far as the discounting goes in 2007 if you had a TQ of 5 and a click was $1.00, the advertiser still normally paid around $0.90. But in 2008 it seems like they are paying about $0.70. So they have really picked up the discounting recently.

Yahoo has not provided us with a book, manual, or any documentation on how this works, it's just from talking with them on the phone, in person, or just figuring it out on our own. Hopefully they will one day soon.

I hope this explains some things.

Donny

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
@Donny

How is it applied for an account at parked.com though? All domains lumped together I assume? Can our account managers pinpoint the poor performers so we can move them elsewhere?

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok....but why do the updates take so long now??....final stats used to be in by 2-2:30 PM EST every day in 2007......it was like clockwork....not once this year have the stats been finalized by that time.....and i find it hard to believe that Yahoo or Ask have been delayed every single day of 2008 in getting the stats to you......this also concerns me...as it leaves me to believe that something else is going on.....just an observation....

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Our estimates are based on historical averages, which can be very accurate or somewhat off. When a new domain comes in and gets clicks for the first time we take the average RPC for all of your domains in your account and use that for a new domain or if the average is too high or low we just take the average across all domains for the day with that provider. This is usually when your RPC is higher or lower than normal.

On day 2 our estimates start taking into account your historical RPC when estimating your clicks. We do this going forward and we always go back 5 days for historical information. What this means is that if you have some fluctuations with 5 days of history we should be able to average everything out wihout seeing many dips. This is an estimation theory, that I can't remember the name right now that can be found in many statistics books.

If you only get 1 or 2 clicks a day this formula will cause some problems as it expects you to get the same type of clicks each day. If your always get the same time of clicks each day you should have an accurate estimate each day.

Ask is the reason stats updates are taking so long. Any of the Ask based parking companies have similiar issues as well, unless they are paying based on their own estimates. I think that will be resolved in a few weeks.

whitebark - All domains are combined to create 1 TQ score. On average it seems like it takes about 100 clicks per day before you actually will get a score.

All TQ updates are supposed to be done on Thursday. But sometimes they have small updates throughout the week.

Donny

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
what happened to your Moderator tag, seriously, I thought you were doing a good job.

Maybe you confuse me for someone else.

Yahoo's discounting system is based on idea that everybody has a TQ/Traffic Quality Score and based on this score the price of a click will be discounted for the advertiser.

What is the discount percentage?

It is also currently based in certain countries, not all countries.

Where can we get a list of these countries? Are they selected by what criteria? Is the list dynamic? Is Yahoo profiling our traffic and constantly ranks it according to their proprietary ruleset?

In other words: is it worth it staying with Yahoo and their Brave New World marketing fiasco? They had layoffs recently, the mind boggles.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acroplex - Yahoo has been using the same system for almost a year now, we just never showed the TQ scores to our customers in the dashboard.

I have no idea what the discount percentage is, if I did I would tell you and everybody, I think I have always been very honest with people when it comes to how things work.

I don't even know what countries are effected right now besides US and UK. But many countries point to the US and UK markets. No matter what all of the scores are combined into 1 score.

In your case you only sent us your crap traffic that wasn't making any money with Sedo anyway, so sending it elsewhere wasn't working out for you from the beginning. Actually Yahoo hasn't laid off anybody yet, if they will be laying off anybody it would be announced tomorrow when they announce their earnings.

Donny

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That was an incredibly stressful time that I hope I never have to go through again. Still haven't found a good solution to it yet, but one day I will. :)

Donny

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
In your case you only sent us your crap traffic that wasn't making any money with Sedo anyway, so sending it elsewhere wasn't working out for you from the beginning. Actually Yahoo hasn't laid off anybody yet, if they will be laying off anybody it would be announced tomorrow when they announce their earnings.

Donny

If my traffic is crap Donny, I will gladly take it elsewhere. In fact, I will gladly close my account once you get off your high horse or *** (donkey). It's this kind of attitude that I don't appreciate. We are doing you a ****ing favor to send you and your Yahoo boys our traffic, not the other way around bud. At least Sedo knows when to keep their mouth shut, while you're showing the patience of a third grader.

Free dipping Yahoo stock report for ya.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Donny gets upset when I mention the other side of Parked & when I ask too many questions. But I've done the same thing with Sedo and NameDrive, calling it like it is: good revenue - good reviews. Bad results - I won't shut up about it.

Comment to Billbo edited out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators